Moving To Tha Sala

markwhite

Hi all,

I've just arrived in Nakhon Si Thammarat with my Thai girlfriend with the intention of living in or around Tha Sala and am just after any advice or information that anyone wants to give :-)

My girlfriend went to Walailak and awanted to return home (Nakhon province), which is why we've ended up here and I've had three visits to Nakhon Si Thammarat in the last couple of years for a few days here and there, and have always liked the place and could see myself living here. So that's that! I've been in muang Thai for a couple of years just finding my place, not working and with little intention to for now.

We've found a place to live for the next month in Tha Sala itself and will be spending the next month looking for somewhere for long term rental, and already have a property to look at again tomorrow on the 401 about 5km towards Nakhon Si. So we'll see how that goes. But if anyone knows of anywhere else up for grabs, please let me know. The only requirements are bahn diaow rather than a town house, preferably in it's own grounds or a garden of sorts. And it must be in ADSL range as I will need internet access :-)

I've had a look at the previous post about who lives in and around Nakhon, so maybe I'll get to speak to or meet with some of you in the oming months!

BFN,

Mark and Som...

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to our neck of the woods

Hope you find something you like.

With the new Tesco opening in a couple of weeks, I'm sure there will be more and more construction in the area so eventually there will be loads of rentals and new moo ban but I think I heard about rentals on the university road area, don't know where though, maybe those little houses they just finished building.

:o

Thanks for the reply Gisele :-)

And my girlfriend says Hi to you as one of your ex-students from 4410!

The Tesco Lotus will be ready in 2 weeks? I must look at it closer next time I pass...

Well today we picked up a bike so can travel around a bit now looking for places. I'll heed your advice and maybe get up towards the Uni and thereabouts. It'll be fun explring the place a little more now I can get around easier :-)

BFN,

Mark...

Thanks for the reply Gisele :-)

And my girlfriend says Hi to you as one of your ex-students from 4410!

The Tesco Lotus will be ready in 2 weeks? I must look at it closer next time I pass...

Well today we picked up a bike so can travel around a bit now looking for places. I'll heed your advice and maybe get up towards the Uni and thereabouts. It'll be fun explring the place a little more now I can get around easier :-)

BFN,

Mark...

What a coincidence! :D

Good luck, hope you find a place to your liking.

Tesco opens April 9th, sure to have lots of hoopla for the occasion, I plan on avoiding the initial rush but am really pleased at the proximity to the university, and I will certainly be a regular patron, something to do at lunch time. :o