Hungry driver plows into stopped traffic

Rimmer

Hungry driver plows into stopped traffic

image.png

PATTAYA:--The hungry driver of a television production van slammed into a pickup truck in Najomtien, creating his own little reality show.

Van passenger Chanatan Jarukurupin, 48, suffered a severe leg injury when a Toyota Hiace used by the film crew for the “Hua Jai Sila” soap opera collided with a truck stopped at a red light at the Nong Jub Tao intersection on Sukhumvit Road.

Van driver Paradorn Pakdee, who said the film crew was coming back from Bang Saray, admitted he took his eyes off the road, hungrily looking at a restaurant along the road and running straight into the stopped truck.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-30-03--

Keep yours eyes on your driving

Keep your hands on the wheel

And keep your beady eyes on the road ahead

For I,m having fun sittin in the back seat

Huggin and a kissing with Fred......:thumbsup:

specifically for the UK expats of a "certain" age...:whistling:

42 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Look no more, now you will enjoy the hospital food for the next few days...

It was his passenger that got hurt.

No mention of any injury to the idiot behind the wheel.

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

Van passenger Chanatan Jarukurupin, 48, suffered a severe leg injury

36 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

You can see this continually with motorbike riders. Looking left and right "window shopping" just occasionally looking ahead. 

same as my wife in Tesco, she never looks in the direction she is walking; pushing a trolley she is lethal  

46 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

You can see this continually with motorbike riders. Looking left and right "window shopping" just occasionally looking ahead. 

There certainly never going to look behind them! that's out of the question - spatial awareness is non existent here :shock1:

31 minutes ago, essox essox said:

YOUR right dead right !! same should apply to many thai drivers who cause bad accidents and make poor excuses for their OWN stupidity !!

Which leads us back to ?  we come up with all these solutions, unfortunately the solution always involves BIB doing their jobs - not going to happen is it! :wink:

In the meantime carnage will prevail! :shock1:

So I think we can all agree that the "I was looking at a restaurant" is a face saving excuse (ie: a lie told in exchange for saving face, which is culturally normal here no judgement). I hate to play medical doctor but I suspect he fell asleep at the wheel due to sleep apnea and simply cannot state "he fell asleep" or he (and the company that employs him) would appear to be really reckless. Thing is, sleep apnea is super common and all career drivers in western countries are required to be screened for it (take home sleep test, must pass) in order to drive on the roads. Given this guys apparent obesity and auto-accident involving not seeing the road at all (ie: probably asleep), my educated guess is that he fell asleep due to chronic sleep apnea. This isn't really his fault either, he doesn't even know he has a sleeping disorder and can't talk about it because people will just write him off as being lazy or hypochondriac. I know cause I have sleep apnea, my dad does (and can't drive because he falls asleep on the road all the time). The masses need to "wake up" with regards to sleep apnea, it's a real dangerous condition that causes a lot of traffic accidents.

Archived