Drama as Canadian woman with Alzheimer's falls down air-con shaft at Silom hotel

rooster59

Drama as Canadian woman with Alzheimer's falls down air-con shaft at Silom hotel

canadian.JPG

Image: Daily News

A 76 year old Canadian woman missing since Thursday spent 12 hours trapped in an air conditioning shaft at a Silom, Bangkok, hotel before she was finally found and rescued. 

Siona Aloni, 76, who suffers from Alzheimer's went missing from her room at the hotel on Thursday night after checking in with her husband Jacob Aloni, 81.

Bang Rak police and foundation medics examined CCTV and found that the old lady had fallen three meters down an air-con shaft under repair in a darkened area of the hotel. 

Daily News reported that initially a rope was lowered to haul her up but soon it was realized that a wall had to be knocked down to allow her to breathe and effect her release. 

Following a three hour emergency operation she was extricated and taken to Chulalongkorn Hospital. Part of this was shown on a video.

Daily News described the hotel as a luxury one on Silom without naming the establishment. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-30

11 minutes ago, Jim walker said:

These bargain bucket budget hotels are all the same only interested in the $ clients safety is a very trivial concern

That is why they are Bargain, Bucket Hotels. ... Pay less, and look after your self .... There is some sense in it if they, really ARE Cheap ? ...

Just now, Mark mark said:

That is why they are Bargain, Bucket Hotels. ... Pay less, and look after your self .... There is some sense in it if they, really ARE Cheap ? ...

Yes bottom Line, ... very VERY sorry for the Poor Lady. !!!  .... Still, there have been old ladies fall off small ladders, in their own Home, like just getting up to that top shelf, ....  and breaking their legs ... and not get found for some days !!! .... Still down an Air conditioning duct, would probably be a LOT WORSE. .... And in BKK heat ? .... I wonder if the AC was on !!! ... She might have died if not I would reckon ! ? ... A Bit like Old Aged "Hangover III" ... right !!! ...

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

found that the old lady had fallen three meters down an air-con shaft under repair in a darkened area of the hotel.

Speaks volumes !!!

Compensation from the hotel hahahahahaha T.I.T

1 hour ago, soistalker said:

I cant tell you the number of times I've fallen down an air con shaft. Haha. Good times. Good times.

are you suggesting communality between alzheimer's and alcoholic blackouts?

7 minutes ago, raccos21 said:

Common! jezzz!!if she in medical  condition family members should give her a waterproof tracking device so the husband or family member can track her. Poor Canadian!!

7ABFCE89-8B85-4CC1-B5AE-32AD33E26ABA.jpeg

Only works if the wearer do not take it off..my mother who has Alzheimer’s would not wear a wrist type. Kept taking it off..maybe a better option is to get one of those ‘under the skin’ micro tracker powered by body chemistry. Then nothing to take off.  

50 minutes ago, raccos21 said:

Common! jezzz!!if she in medical  condition family members should give her a waterproof tracking device so the husband or family member can track her. Poor Canadian!!

7ABFCE89-8B85-4CC1-B5AE-32AD33E26ABA.jpeg

Also an effective birth control device for wayward Thai gf.

So what next ? The poor old couple does not have accident insurance as all companies back home refused due to their age, the hospital took away their passports and they are not allowed to leave the clinic until the over-inflated-special-farang bill has been paid ? ? ? ?

or..... let's dream a little and the hotel pays all medical expenses in a decent hospital, including the extra fare charges for the change of the plane ticket dates and does not charge their "holiday" sojourn in the hotel ?  How about that ? .. What does the TAT say ?

Alzheimer's test should be given to hubby. People like his wife should be in care homes. Not traveling across the globe. It's posible they travel with Canadian passports but are resident of a country like Israel.

Archived