BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Drama as Canadian woman with Alzheimer's falls down air-con shaft at Silom hotel

Drama as Canadian woman with Alzheimer's falls down air-con shaft at Silom hotel

canadian.JPG

Image: Daily News

A 76 year old Canadian woman missing since Thursday spent 12 hours trapped in an air conditioning shaft at a Silom, Bangkok, hotel before she was finally found and rescued. 

Siona Aloni, 76, who suffers from Alzheimer's went missing from her room at the hotel on Thursday night after checking in with her husband Jacob Aloni, 81.

Bang Rak police and foundation medics examined CCTV and found that the old lady had fallen three meters down an air-con shaft under repair in a darkened area of the hotel. 

Daily News reported that initially a rope was lowered to haul her up but soon it was realized that a wall had to be knocked down to allow her to breathe and effect her release. 

Following a three hour emergency operation she was extricated and taken to Chulalongkorn Hospital. Part of this was shown on a video.

Daily News described the hotel as a luxury one on Silom without naming the establishment. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-30

12 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

described the hotel as a luxury one

cheesy.gif

image.png

photo caption:

"In USA, hotel have to pay one million dollars. HAHAHA!"

"What? That's impossible! Old lady worth 2000 baht."

"She is getting the shaft. HAHAHA."

canadian.JPG.95db4540abb17c870dbb6a683c9copy4b9a6.jpg

These bargain bucket budget hotels are all the same only interested in the $ clients safety is a very trivial concern

11 minutes ago, Jim walker said:

These bargain bucket budget hotels are all the same only interested in the $ clients safety is a very trivial concern

That is why they are Bargain, Bucket Hotels. ... Pay less, and look after your self .... There is some sense in it if they, really ARE Cheap ? ...

Just now, Mark mark said:

That is why they are Bargain, Bucket Hotels. ... Pay less, and look after your self .... There is some sense in it if they, really ARE Cheap ? ...

Yes bottom Line, ... very VERY sorry for the Poor Lady. !!!  .... Still, there have been old ladies fall off small ladders, in their own Home, like just getting up to that top shelf, ....  and breaking their legs ... and not get found for some days !!! .... Still down an Air conditioning duct, would probably be a LOT WORSE. .... And in BKK heat ? .... I wonder if the AC was on !!! ... She might have died if not I would reckon ! ? ... A Bit like Old Aged "Hangover III" ... right !!! ...

All the best for the lady. I hope that she'll recover. Quite an adventure. 

I cant tell you the number of times I've fallen down an air con shaft. Haha. Good times. Good times.

33 minutes ago, Monkeyrobot said:

It’s wonder she is still alive 3m fall and trapped for 12 hours, poor lady. 

hope she'll forget all about it

air-con shaft under repair in a darkened area of the hotel

Should have been well lit and/or well secured. "This Thailand, you take care yourself"!

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

found that the old lady had fallen three meters down an air-con shaft under repair in a darkened area of the hotel.

Speaks volumes !!!

Compensation from the hotel hahahahahaha T.I.T

Maybe not a good idea to go on holiday to Thailand when you have Alzheimer's and you are so old.... and the person looking after you is 81?  

1 hour ago, soistalker said:

I cant tell you the number of times I've fallen down an air con shaft. Haha. Good times. Good times.

are you suggesting communality between alzheimer's and alcoholic blackouts?