Pattaya sex timebomb: Hookers 'using FAKE certificates' saying they're HIV free

rooster59

World's sex capital timebomb: Hookers 'using FAKE certificates' saying they're HIV free

By Lucy Domachowski

pattaya-certificates-768818.jpg

TIMEBOMB: Hookers in Pattaya are creating fake HIV certificates (Pic: DS)

PROSTITUTES working in the world’s sex tourism capital have been accused of using fake certificates saying they're HIV free. 

Thousands of Brit lads flock to the Thai beach city of Pattaya for cheap and easy sex each year. 

Hordes of Brits have flocked to the resort with the promise of beautiful women, cheap luxury property, warm weather and cold beer on tap.

But hookers working in “Sin City” have been accused of using fake certificates saying they're HIV free in a country where rates of infection are among some of the highest in the world.

Full story: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/768818/HIV-pattaya-thailand-sin-city-std-sex-tourism

Daily STAR Sunday: 2019-03-31

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You see how this "newspaper" has overlaid Western norms on to a developing Asian nation. Fascinating from a sociological perspective. I will analyse.

In the UK, you need certification for everything these days. There will be a certifying body and there will be a process whereby the certification can be checked. If it is deemed important, like working with children or vulnerable adults, your certification will be checked every time. It's all Health and Safety. (This is the Western norm part).

In Thailand, there are no certificates. If there are, nobody checks them. If you haven't got one, mai pen rai. If mai pen rai doesn't cut it, you can pay 500 Baht.

The certificates can be faked. If they can't be faked, the approval process is shoddy. Even then if you can't be approved, you can pay or use a fixer.

The prostitution industry in Thailand is out of the reach of government regulatory bodies. Even if these bodies were interested, they would only be interested in the payoff, not any Health and Safety concern. (These last 3 paragraphs are the developing Asian nation part)

However people in the UK will not get that developing Asian nations don't have effective Health and Safety regulation and will be "shocked" at this.

All in all, a superb example of how "never the twain shall meet".

32 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

PROSTITUTES working in the world’s sex tourism capital have been accused of using fake certificates saying they're HIV free.

Have to confess to having been with more than one over the years, and not one has ever offered me a certificate, real or fake and neither have i ever asked for one. TBH, at the time my mind was probably focused on more pressing matters, if you know what I mean.

"Timebomb", "Exclusive"... but where is the news ? :ermm:

How do we get a Health Certificate here when we need to renew our driving licence ? We enter a Thai Clinic, ask for it, give our name, pay 80 baht and done... without even seeing a doctor... :whistling:

How do you think these ladies get their certificate ? The same way ! :wink::cool:

52 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

But hookers working in “Sin City” have been accused of using fake certificates saying they're HIV free in a country where rates of infection are among some of the highest in the world.

Can't say I've ever asked to see a girls 'health certificate'

Although sometimes I ask to see proof of age.

Beautiful women in Pattaya????

Do they come with a certificate too!

LOL LOL

Maybe 20 years ago.

Even in Thailand you won't get much for 25 quid.

Plenty of pretty boys in bikinis. There are hundreds of them in Pattaya. Brits love them.

That's who the journalists are thinking of after their sixth pint at the Dogs Bollux bar.

Most documents in Thailand are worthless.ie Gem stone certs,marriage docs,college degrees,land deeds ,

Thai passport,Drivers licence,death certificate ,

And AIDS .

31 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Are UK hookers required to have and show a HIV free certificate ?

My  mates  brother  says ,  not required .

Everyone knows what they signed up for when they arrive to the LOS.  Nobody put a gun to peoples heads and said you must have sex with a Thai hooker.  Just like driving a car, today you may die or not...make your choice and take a chance.  No Glove, No Love...what are YOU going to choose?  It's cheap sex, you're not marrying her.  This is Thailand, take it or leave it! 

4 hours ago, inactiveposter said:

Assuming it’s not fake, a certificate is only valid until their next encounter - basically useless. 

A HIV Free certificate can only tell, that you were not HIV Positive 3 months before the test was made, as there is a 3 month incubation period for HIV.

18 minutes ago, Xonax said:

A HIV Free certificate can only tell, that you were not HIV Positive 3 months before the test was made, as there is a 3 month incubation period for HIV.

It's the opposite way round. A test at three months will confirm someone is 99.9% HIV free at that point in time, but if they've been sexually active subsequently, it would take up to three months before antibodies showed up and a reliable test could be done. There's also an expensive test that can be done earlier, and the regular antibody test after one month is also mostly accurate (95%).

Worryingly, HIV is far more contagious in this early incubation period where it may not yet show up in testing. 

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Can't say I've ever asked to see a girls 'health certificate'

Although sometimes I ask to see proof of age.

I did also one time in the past, and she showed me a paper size A4 with naam, birth etc, and I saw she was underaged, wow she said, goes in her bag and pulled out another one, where she was 4 years older.

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Regardless of if true or not, anyone jumping into the sack with a prostitute who doesn't use a condom is an absolute idiot. And I would say that is true the world over, not just Pattaya.

Sure, yes.

But "I always glove up"  is the possibly the biggest sexpat/tourist lie.

Few will admit or talk about it.

Sorry to disappoint some, but most males do not use condoms here with working girls.

6 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

But Pattaya is a family friendly, high class resort, and we all know prostitution is illegal here..........silly Farang newspaper get facts all wrong again.....:tongue:

Now the authorities will try and block internet access to the paper as it spreads lies about there being prostitutes in Thailand. Everyone knows that is a lie :cheesy:

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:
10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Regardless of if true or not, anyone jumping into the sack with a prostitute who doesn't use a condom is an absolute idiot. And I would say that is true the world over, not just Pattaya.

Sure, yes.

But "I always glove up"  is the possibly the biggest sexpat/tourist lie.

Few will admit or talk about it.

Sorry to disappoint some, but most males do not use condoms here with working girls.

I didn't say in my original comment that it doesn't happen, or even that it doesn't happen a lot. Knowing the possible consequences, I do stand by my original statement on the intellectual abilities of those who do, though it is their problem at the end of the day, not mine I guess.

Archived