Korat immigration 800,000k report

dick turpin

Did my retirement extension at Korat in mid-Feb for March 10 renewal. Asked if I needed to return in three moths to prove still had 800,000k in the account. Was told, no need, they would check my bank book when I did my next renewal. Have since heard reports from folks being told that they did need to return  after three months. If I do need to report is it with just an updated bank book and no bank letter.

My extension was made soon after the new requirements were announced so have a feeling Korat immigration may have "clarified" matters since then.  

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Good to know.

Will not know before September whether Khon Kaen handles it same way.

(haven't seen a report,  maybe @ubonjoe has?)

Nothing for KK immigration.

So far only Jomtien immigration has given a date to go back in 3 months with a updated bank book to prove the 800k baht is still in the bank.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

So far only Jomtien immigration has given a date to go back in 3 months with a updated bank book to prove the 800k baht is still in the bank.

Just done my retirement extension in Ubon, they told me no book required for my next 90 day report.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Joe this is a quote from post made by Mr Scratch on Mar 20 relating to his extension experience at Korat, which has caused the confusion.

"The Lady IO did say that on my ( first ) next 90 Day report I should go to my Krungsri Bank and get the same account bank book that I used for my extension application made up and that for a duration of 90 days after my retirement extension application I was not to withdraw any money from that Krungsri Bank account. I was to show the 90 Day report IO my made up bank book at the same time I did my 90 Day report. "

19 hours ago, dick turpin said:

Did my retirement extension at Korat in mid-Feb for March 10 renewal.

The new law became active March 1, 2019.  Individual offices tend to act like fiefdoms, but I don't see a way that you or anyone else can be held accountable for a law that had not yet been enacted.  That was the exact reason I processed my extension prior to March 1.  They may try to reject renewed retirement extensions for those who extended before March 1st and 'touched' their fund - but legally, if taken to a Thai court, it should be struck down.  That law was not in effect at the time of your renewal.
For me it's a moot point.  I'll return to the marriage extension next year unless they decide to fubar the marriage extension too.  I will not put that past them.

Just done my one-year retirement extension at Korat immigration, what a confusing experience, I was told by the one handing out the tickets in the main area, that I had to first go to another office(next door to the ninety-days reporting one)to log in my address, nice friendly young lady sorted that new one out for me, back to the ticket one, he told me to go and wait for documents to be checked,it was busy,the nice friendly students were helping out, when it was my turn I received four extra forms to fill out,all the same information was on my already filled in form, when I did manage to catch a helpers eye,I asked why(yes, I know,never say why) they want another form that has already been done,she said it must be in blue ink, a new one for me, I have always been told to print in black ink,so,I did all the forms, like bank details, again, address of bank, amount in bank, again,I was doing the 800 thousand in bank extension, another form, name, and address, again, four times now, plus my pension every month, I'm thinking,hey, they have me down for the marriage one,or,the split pension and bank smaller cash amount,when I asked, nice smiling lady said,'must do all forms', after the forms were sorted,I was given my number, and told by the ticket one,'close now, come back in one hour', end of story was, after lunch break, lovely friendly immigration lady took about less than five minutes to stamp my passport with new date,they have new staff,lessons learned ? I took all the unfilled forms away to pre-fill out for next time if I'm still here, the old clock is ticking down.

19 hours ago, bikerlou47 said:

It has been said that the letter from the bank has to be dated the same day that you apply?

Also it has been aid that a transaction must occur on that day?

Thank you

That is correct, adds on a fair bit of time to the days 'experience'.

14 hours ago, dick turpin said:

Joe this is a quote from post made by Mr Scratch on Mar 20 relating to his extension experience at Korat, which has caused the confusion.

"The Lady IO did say that on my ( first ) next 90 Day report I should go to my Krungsri Bank and get the same account bank book that I used for my extension application made up and that for a duration of 90 days after my retirement extension application I was not to withdraw any money from that Krungsri Bank account. I was to show the 90 Day report IO my made up bank book at the same time I did my 90 Day report. "

Good to know, I will update my bank book and take it, just in case they do ask to see it, what about the bank's letter? surely they will not want that as well.

16 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

As a person who has lived and worked in an orderly predictable environment...this immigration stuff where each IO can interpret the rules to suit their daily hormone imbalance gives me the sxxts...????    

That definitely works for a few of the female ones.

3 hours ago, connda said:

The new law became active March 1, 2019.  Individual offices tend to act like fiefdoms, but I don't see a way that you or anyone else can be held accountable for a law that had not yet been enacted.  That was the exact reason I processed my extension prior to March 1.  They may try to reject renewed retirement extensions for those who extended before March 1st and 'touched' their fund - but legally, if taken to a Thai court, it should be struck down.  That law was not in effect at the time of your renewal.
For me it's a moot point.  I'll return to the marriage extension next year unless they decide to fubar the marriage extension too.  I will not put that past them.

Having extended retirement visa in January via no longer available income letter I too will revert to 400k in bank marriage visa. The shifting sands of the monthly income requirements ( proving it came from abroad when not shown as such via fx companies - some other daft IO the other day saying it needed to be at the same time each month- the danger of the consequences of just one payment in 12 going awry undermining the application) are all just too volatile to rely on. But as you say ,what unthought  of addendums they might in the meantime apply to marriage visa when they don’t like the extra work caused by many similarly switching . As I predicted - chaos ,confusion,inconsistencies and IOs taking advantage to self aggrandise are set to worsen. No forethought applies to this culture 

3 hours ago, eddysmit said:

Just done my one-year retirement extension at Korat immigration, what a confusing experience, I was told by the one handing out the tickets in the main area, that I had to first go to another office(next door to the ninety-days reporting one)to log in my address, nice friendly young lady sorted that new one out for me, back to the ticket one, he told me to go and wait for documents to be checked,it was busy,the nice friendly students were helping out, when it was my turn I received four extra forms to fill out,all the same information was on my already filled in form, when I did manage to catch a helpers eye,I asked why(yes, I know,never say why) they want another form that has already been done,she said it must be in blue ink, a new one for me, I have always been told to print in black ink,so,I did all the forms, like bank details, again, address of bank, amount in bank, again,I was doing the 800 thousand in bank extension, another form, name, and address, again, four times now, plus my pension every month, I'm thinking,hey, they have me down for the marriage one,or,the split pension and bank smaller cash amount,when I asked, nice smiling lady said,'must do all forms', after the forms were sorted,I was given my number, and told by the ticket one,'close now, come back in one hour', end of story was, after lunch break, lovely friendly immigration lady took about less than five minutes to stamp my passport with new date,they have new staff,lessons learned ? I took all the unfilled forms away to pre-fill out for next time if I'm still here, the old clock is ticking down.

The go to log in your address , I have never heard of before . I have in the past been told to re fill out some forms as I had filled them in using a black ink pen and I must fill the forms out again using a blue ink pen , I was told it was some thing to do with black ink being easy to forge / alter / on a photocopy , than some thing written in blue ink. I just smile and re filled out the forms . On my recent 1 year retirement extension application , I had to fill out several extra forms . 

When attending any Immigration office I try to stay calm and always expect the unexpected , it could be plain sailing or turn into a stressful roller coaster ride ????

2 hours ago, dick turpin said:

Appreciate the responses, but would still like to hear from someone who has done a recent retirement extension and been told either way about returning 90 days later to show 800,000k in bank.

When I was recently sat with my Thai wife in front of the lady IO in the Korat immigration office ( not the students who check your forms ) as I had recently read on the internet forums about the subject of having to possibly show an updated bank account book at the same time as making the 90 day report , I asked the lady IO about my next 90 day report ( the first one after this latest 1 year extension approval ) . The IO lady  said…...

At my next 90 Day report I should go to my Krungsri Bank and get the same account bank book that I used for my extension application made up and that for a duration of 90 days after my retirement extension application I was not to withdraw any money from that Krungsri Bank account. I was to show the 90 Day report IO my made up bank book at the same time I did my 90 Day report. 

To make sure I had not misunderstood the IO lady’s broken English , I asked my Thai wife sitting next to me to ask the IO lady once again in Thai 
what the requirements were for my next 90 day report , the answer came back exactly the same .

On my next 90 day report I will first go and get my Krungsri Bank book made up and then go the the Korat immigration 90 day report office and get a normal queue number , when my number is called I will hand over  my passport to the IO at the counter window , it will be interesting to see what ( if any thing ) extra is asked for by the 90 day report IO. If I am not asked by the IO for my updated  Krungsri Bank book , I’m not sure if I will say any more to the IO or just smile and leave ????

Hey Mr Scratch, you are the cause of all this confusion with your earlier post regarding your renewal extension experience at Korat.

Can you confirm that you were told to report back in 90 days to show you still had 800,00k in your account, were you given a note with a reporting date?

When I did my extension they simply told me to come back next year when they would check my bank book to see if it met the new requirements.  

OK have just seen you latest post....

On 3/31/2019 at 1:53 PM, dick turpin said:

If I do need to report is it with just an updated bank book and no bank letter.

Did mine less than 2 weeks ago there.  Once the extension was approved, lady gave me the business about leaving the 800k intact until the first 90 day report, and then the new 400k low limit thereafter.  She didn't specifically say I had to bring my bank book to the 1st 90-day report, but it was implied.  No mention of another bank letter. 

To avoid the potential of being turned away at the 90-day check, will take the bank book and get it updated on the way out there.  ????

Mr Scratch:

"At my next 90 Day report I should go to my Krungsri Bank and get the same account bank book that I used for my extension application made up and that for a duration of 90 days after my retirement extension application I was not to withdraw any money from that Krungsri Bank account. I was to show the 90 Day report IO my made up bank book at the same time I did my 90 Day report."

Curious.....not to withdraw any money from you bank account. The official line is you need to retain at least 800,000k for the 90-day post seasoning and have access to anything above that.   

6 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Did mine less than 2 weeks ago there.  Once the extension was approved, lady gave me the business about leaving the 800k intact until the first 90 day report, and then the new 400k low limit thereafter.  She didn't specifically say I had to bring my bank book to the 1st 90-day report, but it was implied.  No mention of another bank letter. 

To avoid the potential of being turned away at the 90-day check, will take the bank book and get it updated on the way out there.  ????

…...And if you do 90-day report online?

1 minute ago, dick turpin said:

…...And if you do 90-day report online?

That's the ticket.  :thumbsup:

I did an on-line report a few years ago, no problems, but haven't been able to make it work for me since then. 

42 minutes ago, dick turpin said:

Mr Scratch:

"At my next 90 Day report I should go to my Krungsri Bank and get the same account bank book that I used for my extension application made up and that for a duration of 90 days after my retirement extension application I was not to withdraw any money from that Krungsri Bank account. I was to show the 90 Day report IO my made up bank book at the same time I did my 90 Day report."

Curious.....not to withdraw any money from you bank account. The official line is you need to retain at least 800,000k for the 90-day post seasoning and have access to anything above that.   

The Krungsri Bank account I used for the 1 year retirement extension and confirmation letter has over 1 million Baht in it 
so I was surprised when the lady IO said not to withdraw '' any '' money from that bank account .

At the time I sat there in front of the lady IO , I just thought that may be things had some how changed , my Thai wife who being university educated and well versed in immigration dealings made a point of asking the IO to confirm the facts , and the same statement 

from the lady IO was made in Thai and it was exactly the same , so really there should have been no confusion as to what we were both told by the IO.

I can only tell you what we were told , but as we all know the next person to sit in front of the same IO may be told some thing a bit different ????

2 hours ago, 55Jay said:

That's the ticket.  :thumbsup:

I did an on-line report a few years ago, no problems, but haven't been able to make it work for me since then. 

I always do my 90 day on line, and just this morning My son did his 90 day on line with no problems.

HL

I'm sure that the bit about an IO saying "no withdrawals over 90 days" is simply a function of an IO's interpretation of what she/he thinks the new rule means.

No way are they going to stop someone with say 900,000 in their account withdrawing 100,000 in the first 90 days - it doesn't make sense, the requirement is surely 'to maintain 800,000 minimum', not 'maintain an account over 800,000 and not make any withdrawals'. I think some are panicking unnecessarily. If an IO said that to me in a live 90 day report where I was presenting such an account that had been maintained over 800k I would politely insist on taking it to higher levels.

Last time I did my retirement extension at Sisaket I tried to run a 100 baht deposit transaction through my account to get my passbook updated to the day of visiting immigration (Krungsri passbooks do not record the current date if updating in the absence of a transaction). I realised when they gave me the book back with no deposit transaction and no current date showing in the pass book that the bank thought I was paying the financial statement fee. I tried with my (better than basic, but far from good) Thai skills to explain that I should be given free statements as a Krungsri Exclusive customer and that I still needed to show immigration today's date in the passbook. After getting through two higher levels of bank staff above teller I was getting a blank so when I asked for the manager I decided to make my case a bit simpler and said that it was essential that I had evidence that the balance of X baht showing in the passbook was a today balance. She understood enough to get the staff to give me a print-out (a slip of paper) with my account details and the balance and dated the current date.

I thought that would suffice at immigration but the IO counter staff (up to sergeant) insisted I had to produce the passbook showing the current days balance because that is what their desk operating instructions said. I asked to speak to the chief IO officer. She was duly summoned and ummed and aahged a bit and said it was OK to rely on the balance confirmation slip. She seemed unaware that Krungsri systems would not automatically print today's date when asked for an update - but expressed no interest in discussing it with them at my suggestion to make things smoother in the future (of course).

My point is that lower level IO staff will simply follow what is written in front of them and it is up to us to try and talk reason up the chain when presented with illogical roadblocks.

1 hour ago, SantiSuk said:

I'm sure that the bit about an IO saying "no withdrawals over 90 days" is simply a function of an IO's interpretation of what she/he thinks the new rule means.

No way are they going to stop someone with say 900,000 in their account withdrawing 100,000 in the first 90 days - it doesn't make sense, the requirement is surely 'to maintain 800,000 minimum', not 'maintain an account over 800,000 and not make any withdrawals'. I think some are panicking unnecessarily. If an IO said that to me in a live 90 day report where I was presenting such an account that had been maintained over 800k I would politely insist on taking it to higher levels.

Last time I did my retirement extension at Sisaket I tried to run a 100 baht deposit transaction through my account to get my passbook updated to the day of visiting immigration (Krungsri passbooks do not record the current date if updating in the absence of a transaction). I realised when they gave me the book back with no deposit transaction and no current date showing in the pass book that the bank thought I was paying the financial statement fee. I tried with my (better than basic, but far from good) Thai skills to explain that I should be given free statements as a Krungsri Exclusive customer and that I still needed to show immigration today's date in the passbook. After getting through two higher levels of bank staff above teller I was getting a blank so when I asked for the manager I decided to make my case a bit simpler and said that it was essential that I had evidence that the balance of X baht showing in the passbook was a today balance. She understood enough to get the staff to give me a print-out (a slip of paper) with my account details and the balance and dated the current date.

I thought that would suffice at immigration but the IO counter staff (up to sergeant) insisted I had to produce the passbook showing the current days balance because that is what their desk operating instructions said. I asked to speak to the chief IO officer. She was duly summoned and ummed and aahged a bit and said it was OK to rely on the balance confirmation slip. She seemed unaware that Krungsri systems would not automatically print today's date when asked for an update - but expressed no interest in discussing it with them at my suggestion to make things smoother in the future (of course).

My point is that lower level IO staff will simply follow what is written in front of them and it is up to us to try and talk reason up the chain when presented with illogical roadblocks.

Similar tooth pulling at my Krungsi branch.  Invested time and effort getting my small branch manager trained up the first few years.  Branch closed, consolidated into a new mall, so we started all over again. 

This year started the same, square 1, wife re-explaining the same thing to the same ding dong guy from last year.  Luckily, a Thai lady I hadn't seen there before intervened after 15 minutes, said she'd worked at another mall branch and was familiar with the farang/immigration process.  And she did, it was great.  Hope she stays around a while.

On 4/1/2019 at 11:00 AM, Deerculler said:

Has a one done there extension retirement or marriage based on income letter from the Embassy?

Did my retirement extension with an Embassy Income Letter the end of February. No problems. 

I did my extension in December with 800k, and just did a 90 day report in person with zero mention of my bank accounts.  In Nonthaburi.  getting today's date in my krungsri account was easier than getting a cold beer..deposited 1000 THB.

• 1 month later...

Archived