BANGKOK 21 June 2019 06:37
dick turpin

Korat immigration 800,000k report

Did my retirement extension at Korat in mid-Feb for March 10 renewal. Asked if I needed to return in three moths to prove still had 800,000k in the account. Was told, no need, they would check my bank book when I did my next renewal. Have since heard reports from folks being told that they did need to return  after three months. If I do need to report is it with just an updated bank book and no bank letter.

My extension was made soon after the new requirements were announced so have a feeling Korat immigration may have "clarified" matters since then.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good to know.

Will not know before September whether Khon Kaen handles it same way.

(haven't seen a report,  maybe @ubonjoe has?)

It has been said that the letter from the bank has to be dated the same day that you apply?

Also it has been aid that a transaction must occur on that day?

Thank you

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Good to know.

Will not know before September whether Khon Kaen handles it same way.

(haven't seen a report,  maybe @ubonjoe has?)

Nothing for KK immigration.

So far only Jomtien immigration has given a date to go back in 3 months with a updated bank book to prove the 800k baht is still in the bank.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

So far only Jomtien immigration has given a date to go back in 3 months with a updated bank book to prove the 800k baht is still in the bank.

Just done my retirement extension in Ubon, they told me no book required for my next 90 day report.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Joe this is a quote from post made by Mr Scratch on Mar 20 relating to his extension experience at Korat, which has caused the confusion.

"The Lady IO did say that on my ( first ) next 90 Day report I should go to my Krungsri Bank and get the same account bank book that I used for my extension application made up and that for a duration of 90 days after my retirement extension application I was not to withdraw any money from that Krungsri Bank account. I was to show the 90 Day report IO my made up bank book at the same time I did my 90 Day report. "

19 hours ago, dick turpin said:

Did my retirement extension at Korat in mid-Feb for March 10 renewal.

The new law became active March 1, 2019.  Individual offices tend to act like fiefdoms, but I don't see a way that you or anyone else can be held accountable for a law that had not yet been enacted.  That was the exact reason I processed my extension prior to March 1.  They may try to reject renewed retirement extensions for those who extended before March 1st and 'touched' their fund - but legally, if taken to a Thai court, it should be struck down.  That law was not in effect at the time of your renewal.
For me it's a moot point.  I'll return to the marriage extension next year unless they decide to fubar the marriage extension too.  I will not put that past them.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, bikerlou47 said:

It has been said that the letter from the bank has to be dated the same day that you apply?

Also it has been aid that a transaction must occur on that day?

Thank you

That is correct, adds on a fair bit of time to the days 'experience'.

14 hours ago, dick turpin said:

Joe this is a quote from post made by Mr Scratch on Mar 20 relating to his extension experience at Korat, which has caused the confusion.

"The Lady IO did say that on my ( first ) next 90 Day report I should go to my Krungsri Bank and get the same account bank book that I used for my extension application made up and that for a duration of 90 days after my retirement extension application I was not to withdraw any money from that Krungsri Bank account. I was to show the 90 Day report IO my made up bank book at the same time I did my 90 Day report. "

Good to know, I will update my bank book and take it, just in case they do ask to see it, what about the bank's letter? surely they will not want that as well.

16 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

As a person who has lived and worked in an orderly predictable environment...this immigration stuff where each IO can interpret the rules to suit their daily hormone imbalance gives me the sxxts...😡    

That definitely works for a few of the female ones.

Has a one done there extension retirement or marriage based on income letter from the Embassy?

Appreciate the responses, but would still like to hear from someone who has done a recent retirement extension and been told either way about returning 90 days later to show 800,000k in bank.

3 hours ago, connda said:

The new law became active March 1, 2019.  Individual offices tend to act like fiefdoms, but I don't see a way that you or anyone else can be held accountable for a law that had not yet been enacted.  That was the exact reason I processed my extension prior to March 1.  They may try to reject renewed retirement extensions for those who extended before March 1st and 'touched' their fund - but legally, if taken to a Thai court, it should be struck down.  That law was not in effect at the time of your renewal.
For me it's a moot point.  I'll return to the marriage extension next year unless they decide to fubar the marriage extension too.  I will not put that past them.

Having extended retirement visa in January via no longer available income letter I too will revert to 400k in bank marriage visa. The shifting sands of the monthly income requirements ( proving it came from abroad when not shown as such via fx companies - some other daft IO the other day saying it needed to be at the same time each month- the danger of the consequences of just one payment in 12 going awry undermining the application) are all just too volatile to rely on. But as you say ,what unthought  of addendums they might in the meantime apply to marriage visa when they don’t like the extra work caused by many similarly switching . As I predicted - chaos ,confusion,inconsistencies and IOs taking advantage to self aggrandise are set to worsen. No forethought applies to this culture 

• Like 1