Clothing featuring advertising for alcoholic beverages deemed illegal

webfact

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, brommers said:

Oh shut up you idiotic control freaks. And get on with dealing with the ruined health of the millions who are being poisoned by the catastrophic air pollution in the north. Trying to impose petty mind control measures like banning logos is simply a metaphor for the overbearing attitude of a ministry that is bereft of real and practical measures to protect the health of the people.

Being inept they have decided to do something petty in order to say they have done something....anything....but they can't seem to do anything important.

That because that the country is rich with natural resources and they don't really give a damn about the tourism industry but here the main economy contributions are tourism. If there is no one comes here they gonna a problem. And if penalty for immigration offense is canning that was really too much.What if that country doesn't have any natural resources what would happened, probably will be like Malaysia or Indonesia.

The authority drunk power brokers continue to tighten the screws on the keg of powder; me thinks the explosion will be mighty.  Other countries are looking better and better to the average tourist.  Will the last tourist please turn off the lights before leaving?

21 hours ago, brommers said:

Oh shut up you idiotic control freaks. And get on with dealing with the ruined health of the millions who are being poisoned by the catastrophic air pollution in the north. Trying to impose petty mind control measures like banning logos is simply a metaphor for the overbearing attitude of a ministry that is bereft of real and practical measures to protect the health of the people.

I can't help but think '1984' over and over.

How can a government lose so much more money than it earned, when finances come from those it espouses to protect? (yeah I suspect I know the answer, but would like to hear their version).

Not trying to be a firestarter or anything, but if you take gov't out of the picture, I'd guess that finances would improve, and people on the street wouldn't really notice much change.

[Edit]: Well, maybe they'd be happier, and would just suggest wearing helmets and drink responsibly.

T-shirts, I love them.  My son wore one of these shirts when he interviewed for entrance to a private school - second grade. My Thai wife didn't get it.  I was shocked.  Maybe the conservative people at the school didn't get it either.  555. 

m_5bb366f5f63eeaa213034506.jpg

12 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Brunei already prescribes caning as a penalty for crimes including immigration offenses, for which convicts can be flogged with a rattan cane.

Let alone the new penalties of amputation for theft (even by a child) and being stoned to death for adultery. Even King Herod would have been shocked. 

On 4/1/2019 at 6:13 AM, YetAnother said:

...good thing the Muslims aren't in charge

They are in Phuket Immigration.  I get a kick out of all the women that get thrown out for not wearing long skirts and covering their (reader discretion is advised before continuing) BARE SHOULDERS.  Oh the horror!  

On 4/1/2019 at 10:38 AM, toofarnorth said:

I prefer Bud. to any beer made here and I am a Brit.  Oh gawd what have I said .... The Brew Police are closing in , I can here the bell on the front going chang chang chang.

and see the Lao jumping out of your Backside windows

fully not aware of the many Leo lying on in the backyard

and crawling Black Adders they have deeply

degretting not jumping in the Amstel river

whilst the Pale Alpha Raven has flown over

the Pale Riders on Three Horses

driving over the Saison Rue

which has saved them from the Bell

On 4/2/2019 at 8:08 AM, sjbrownderby said:

I am absolutely amazed at the number of people who have commented thinking this is a real post. All I can say is that there are a lot of gullible people around and I wish I were selling snake-oil right now..........with a work permit of course.

How much is it....????

13 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

Really what next,the whole world advertise on clothes.i have a buriram shirt has chang as a sponsor do I stop wearing because of the logo

You are three days late to the April Fool's thread.

Calm down, move along, and take a deep breath....

Does that mean we will no longer be poured beer by the young and sexy ladies dressed in Singha, Tiger and Heineken miniskirts? Sad day for Thailand. Instead of adopting laws and regulations on the sale of alcohol like other countries have, like UK for example, train staff and managers, make them do courses, they come up with something this stupid. Oh, yes, I forgot, Thailand have their own "experts" and don't need "Western influence."

On 4/2/2019 at 7:32 AM, ThaiWai said:

They are in Phuket Immigration.  I get a kick out of all the women that get thrown out for not wearing long skirts and covering their (reader discretion is advised before continuing) BARE SHOULDERS.  Oh the horror!  

So no wet t-shirt night?

On 4/1/2019 at 5:33 AM, ezzra said:

This is Thailand's own version of la-la land where some policy makers dream up more and more utter bonkers and ridiculous ideas how to make life even harder for people...

They are training for jobs in American government. Gotta love bureaucracy. It's a flavor of the month thing I think. 

On 4/2/2019 at 7:32 AM, ThaiWai said:

Same for department of land transport office north of Chaam. Shorts are forbidden too. There is even a sign to that effect my disgruntled that GF pointed out. 

21 hours ago, boonrawdcnx said:

Once they have blurred out everything that is not allowed to be shown on tv plus all the stupid adds on the screen there will soon be nothing to watch anymore! - Idiots!

This was posted on April 1, now how much is 2+2 ?  Chill out, it was an Aprils Fools joke. 

maybe a late idea and maybe already brought up, let's imagine one buys a piece of clothing, while traveling outside Thailand, and depicting some foreigner advertising for some foreigner alcoholic beverages, arriving at the airport wearing it on what will or could happen

Just now, Pattaya46 said:

Absolutely NOTHING :cool:

Please read again the OP, and the message just above yours... :whistling:

thanks for the update, have been out and about and didn't read all the posts, good to know

Archived