Clothing featuring advertising for alcoholic beverages deemed illegal

webfact

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And what of the vendors at MBK and JJ that sell T-shirts with beer logos? Will they be fined too? 

I really doubt seriously the police would even bother enforcing this idiocy. Thailand has many laws but it's enforcement that is lacking. 

Why stop with T-shirts and vests? I think the government should ban the showing of ALL sports events, live and on TV, that advertise alcohol! Say NO to Formula 1, football, rugby, snooker, golf, baseball, darts etc etc. Instead they should show more cartoons and other kiddies programmes!

Unreported in the original article is the fact that the Thai government will buy-back all Chang singlets from disgruntled foreigners.

For each beer-logo-ed article of clothing, the foreigner will get one coupon good for one beer. This amnesty program ends at midnight tonight.

24 minutes ago, owenm said:

This country is getting more crazy by the minute.. I wonder how many of the junta elite government ministers actually went to university or even completed high school? 

The implementation or lack there of, of anything to make Thailand better always takes a backward step like the Flinstones.. IMO..

Is Thailand becoming the Zimbabwe of Asia is anyones guess.. The stupidity just continues.. 

Zimbabwe allowed alcohol ads, which is why the country went south. Nothing to do with Mugabe or any of his cronies.

2 hours ago, Carlosm said:

Just curious ... Admin showing a t-shirt with the Ch*ng beer logo on it ... is that illegal or not ?

Get your wallets out Thaivisa Admin !

It  would be except  youv'e  just discussed  moderation  and so an imminent warning is  on its  way.

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

This is getting silly now, I drive around in my car advertising Honda do I need a work permit?

I asked the same question to the IMO, just different car maker, he looked puzzled 555

Today supporters of the man wear yellow. Tomorrow is odd sock day. Wednesday wear a right hand glove and point at things, Thursday is noodle day wearing wellingtons, Friday all dress up as soldiers with pointed hats with 'D' on, Saturday is funny walk day, Sunday you can stay in bed as long as the bed points towards the nearest temple, if only I had something better to do.

April 1st is something isnt it but you would not put it past some of them think April 1st everyday, so, lets all backwards for Songran starting on the 12th.

Well done to the TV Admin - they sure know how to push the buttons of the immediately indignant crowd.

Must. Bash. Keyboard. Outrage!  Stupid Thais!  Third World!  LIFETIME BAN FOR A TEE SHIRT????  Derision!  Ridicule!

And slowly they realise (maybe?), and everyone slinks aways and says no more....

Archived