Clothing featuring advertising for alcoholic beverages deemed illegal

webfact

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, simon43 said:

The problem is that in this f**ked-up country it is impossible to know whether something is for real or just an April Fool....

I fear this is real. The April 1st story is about the topless airline financed by Pattaya mafia figures. On the bright side, laws are never enforced anyway.

A lot of the junior school kids' "uniforms" round here carry beer logos. Parents aren't going to be happy.

And what about all the sport strips? Easy to stop Thai teams wearing them, but are they going to ban football matches on tv where foreign teams sport them?

But, maybe it is an April Fool!!!

Don’t understand the naysayers. I had an Absolute vodka speedo on in Hua Hin this morning and got fined but talked the cop down to 500 baht. The German guy who was rather large near me  had to pay the full 2500 for his Leo singlet. I feel lucky. 

7 hours ago, brommers said:

Oh shut up you idiotic control freaks. And get on with dealing with the ruined health of the millions who are being poisoned by the catastrophic air pollution in the north. Trying to impose petty mind control measures like banning logos is simply a metaphor for the overbearing attitude of a ministry that is bereft of real and practical measures to protect the health of the people.

I'll put my "soap box" away you just said it all...

Ditto !

6 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

I think we are looking at a new revenue stream along Sukhumvit!

Great opportunity to buy all t shirts /singlets , caps etc, at discount price, or maybe Chang/Leo and others (all wearing illegal clothing)could hold rally outside government offices, television stations reporters, overseas news teams etc.

really put Thailand  on the map, then a comedy series?????

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I fear this is real. The April 1st story is about the topless airline financed by Pattaya mafia figures. On the bright side, laws are never enforced anyway.

Only in Pattaya when the RTP are running low on tea money. 

13 minutes ago, Benroon said:

That will still get someone in a rage ????

Well Pattaya announcing that Songkran water playing starting this Friday through Easter Sunday the 21st hasn’t had too much outrage...yet!!

soon the only way you could wear a 'Chang' tshirt will be after you have spilt your beer over it... 

- but along those same lines; a durian tshirt would get you booted from your hotel room 

sure glad i  already collected my archive of Mekhong tshirts! 

nothing new.  if you see a film of someone drinking or smoking a cigarette the censors will blur the image on screen.  the real threat here is the drinking and the driving, air pollution.  unsafe buses, sidewalks which kill or injure thousands.  laughable. 

You Farang should think yourself lucky being able to live in Thailand

The Sultan, who has reigned since 1967, has previously said the Shariah Penal Code should be regarded as a form of “special guidance” from God and would be “part of the great history” of Brunei. Under secular laws, Brunei already prescribes caning as a penalty for crimes including immigration offenses, for which convicts can be flogged with a rattan cane.

Archived