Thai media warns condo owners - face a 2,000 baht fine if you fail to report a guest

webfact

Thai media warns condo owners - face a 2,000 baht fine if you fail to report a guest

1pm.jpg

PIcture: TNA

TNA told the Thai public that people such as condo owners would face fines of 2,000 baht if they were caught renting property to foreigners and not reporting that fact to immigration. 

The fine would go up to 10,000 baht for hotels that failed to do so. 

The warning comes as a ministerial committee mulls even more serious penalties in moves to combat transnational crime. 

In a latest case TNA said that a Malaysian national called Lasman Das Sundra Shah, 68, who had been deported back to his home country to face two charges of fraud had managed to sneak back into Thailand. 

Shah was sent back to Malaysia to face charges over defrauding 334,000 Ringgit or about 2.68 million baht. 

1553912455511.jpg

He was found staying at a condo in the Rama 3 area of Bangkok. The condo owner had not reported his whereabouts and faces charges of not reporting a foreigner and aiding in crime. 

TNA said that immigration had been active in checking hotels, condos, guest houses, houses, flats and other rental properties towards the end of last week. 

They said 260 places were checked without giving details.

Source: TNA

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-01

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

This is what you get with an authoritarian military junta. 

Hope the clueless foreigners that cheered them into power and are now finding themselves under the microscope are proud of themselves.

I have less problems with the house reports then with the 90 days revived during Thaksin.

But so nice of you to make it political when its not. Immigration has never become easier just harder no matter who was in power. But hey if you get your rocks of on making it political be my guest. 

21 minutes ago, robblok said:

I have less problems with the house reports then with the 90 days revived during Thaksin.

But so nice of you to make it political when its not. Immigration has never become easier just harder no matter who was in power. But hey if you get your rocks of on making it political be my guest. 

Of course it's political.

Airbnb has been outlawed in Thailand.

Gotta protect the moneyed class.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Says you with the unsolicited introduction of the Thaksin political bogeyman to the thread.

Y'all got them TRT, PTP red panties on again?

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Says you with the unsolicited introduction of the Thaksin political bogeyman to the thread.

Y'all got them TRT, PTP red panties on again?

After someone brought politics in it where i saw none. Thaksin brought the 90 days in, I don't hold him responsible for it just like i don't hold the junta responsible for the house registrations. Its just an ever increasing demand on us no matter who is in power. If who is in power had anything to do with immigration rules then IF we see the PTP in power do you really think things will change for the better.

My opinion is quite clear it does not matter who is in power rules will change and almost never for the better. We are too insignificant to even matter to them.

58 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Of course you do, because you are obsessed with Thaksin. Fair enough, Thaksin didn't much care for foreigners either, but we can clearly see the nationalist, anti-foreigner rhetoric spouted by this incompetent regime on an almost daily basis.

Operation X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner. Gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling of welcome, doesn't it?

Of course it is political, Big Joke, now head of immigration, is backed by his mate General Prawit, and is so obviously being groomed for a higher office in the future.

Your junta obsessed, i just brought Thaksin in to show that it got worse during your hero his reign. I don't really see any Thai government caring about us at all. Rules change and never for the better. 

I don't hold Thaksin responsible for the 90 days and I dont hold the junta responsible for the house registrations. Rules always change never for the better. I havent seen any positive things happening for us during YL. We just don't register at all and i don't see any political influence at all.

3 hours ago, jonclark said:

All foreigners are criminals. 

Seems to be the underlying rational and justification for this.  

This anti farrang is an all out war.  It's like a nightmare that just get worse everyday, we are all treated like fugitives as soon as we step off the aircraft.  LOS is NO longer.  Start running and hiding.

3 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

This is what you get with an authoritarian military junta. 

Hope the clueless foreigners that cheered them into power and are now finding themselves under the microscope are proud of themselves.

The hub of control freaks. Can't be long and they adopt the NK model: no foreigner is moving around here without a government appointed minder.

31 minutes ago, mike787 said:

This anti farrang is an all out war.  It's like a nightmare that just get worse everyday, we are all treated like fugitives as soon as we step off the aircraft.  LOS is NO longer.  Start running and hiding.

a Smile doesnt always mean the same thing everywhere!

- thinking about Chimp Smiles and Crocodile Tears

5 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I thought the fine was 1,600B?

It was never 1600, that's just what Chiang Mai immigration charges. Fine was always 2000B, in case of imprisonment. Go figure ????

1 hour ago, robblok said:

After someone brought politics in it where i saw none. Thaksin brought the 90 days in, I don't hold him responsible for it just like i don't hold the junta responsible for the house registrations. Its just an ever increasing demand on us no matter who is in power. If who is in power had anything to do with immigration rules then IF we see the PTP in power do you really think things will change for the better.

My opinion is quite clear it does not matter who is in power rules will change and almost never for the better. We are too insignificant to even matter to them.

Once a law has been instated, I think it is highly unlikely that it will ever be recinded. Among other reaons, recinding causes a loss of face by admitting that a mistake was made, and we can't have any of that, can we? However, it is much more likely that if a law is stupid enough, and especially if it places enough a a burden on Imm, et al to enforce, that it will simply be ignored, but kept on hand to use against people the are pissed with.

3 minutes ago, atyclb said:

you would think vietnam with it's communist government would be more difficult than thailand but the opposite is true. viet is way more visa friendly

I lived and worked in COMMUNIST China on three separate occasions, and I never had to deal with this kind of reporting. I am sure that one way or the other someone was keeping their eye on me, but it was never obvious or oppressive.

8 minutes ago, atyclb said:

you would think vietnam with it's communist government would be more difficult than thailand but the opposite is true. viet is way more visa friendly

A Vietnam visa for what precisely?

You're not going apples and oranges again are you?

Archived