Thai media warns condo owners - face a 2,000 baht fine if you fail to report a guest

webfact

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Renting per month is still legal.

Are you sure? At our condo, stated "by-law" allows only long term lease (eg 1 yr) with necessary ID, insurance etc. This is a security factor with which I agree, since I don't want to meet strangers roaming around the place.  

20 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Yes, but where are all these quality Chinese and Indian tourist families supposed to stay?

See the quality Tourists every day arrive by the busloads to cheap Thai " doss House ' type Hotels on their whirlwind Tour of Thailand.

They stop one night, and from Pattaya they will be off on their next junkit to some other place where they will stop one night. All this in one week or a 2 week vacation.

If this happens for 1 week, and there are an average 40 persons per bus, that is potentially 280 reports per bus, per week.

That is a lot of reports 

It's not specifically anti-farang. It's anti-foreigner, and farang is small subset of that. Basically, the bad guys cause all the hassle to the good not quite so bad guys.
Yes it's racism, or xenophobia, or any of the other 'isms or 'phobias you care to name. Everyone in the world has these, it's bred/educated/beaten into us from an early age.
Except me and thee, of course.[emoji6][emoji6].
Why is it anti-foreigner? Most of the people who will be fined are likely to be Thais.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Why is it anti-foreigner? Most of the people who will be fined are likely to be Thais.

Problem comes when the foreigner gets held to account for a TM30 that hasn't been filed. There's already reports of immigration denying extensions until this is taken care of and foreigners having to pay the fine. 

6 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

See the quality Tourists every day arrive by the busloads to cheap Thai " doss House ' type Hotels on their whirlwind Tour of Thailand.

They stop one night, and from Pattaya they will be off on their next junkit to some other place where they will stop one night. All this in one week or a 2 week vacation.

If this happens for 1 week, and there are an average 40 persons per bus, that is potentially 280 reports per bus, per week.

That is a lot of reports 

Indeed, then there's a lot of rooms to clean. Shock horror, they actually have to pay income tax for the rooms they rent out if they report this.

On 4/1/2019 at 2:48 PM, cedel said:

...The officer said that anyway, even if I was abroad and unaware, I had to come to pay a fine of 2000 baht and the case will be finished.(!!!!)...

Did you get a receipt for 2000 Baht you paid? If you did not, it was not a fine you paid.

On 4/2/2019 at 2:50 AM, Humpy said:

So if I take a Doris from a Go Go bar for a couple of nights do I have to report this to Immigration ?!!!

Only if your Doris is not a Thai national. Check her identity papers.

13 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Supalia Park  Condo  SRinakarin road BKK  checked yesterday for bad fallllang, 10  officers  stopping  all foreigners going in/out.

This might be an indirect but highly effective means of scaring the crap out of those renting on a daily basis via airbnb.  This may be one of the goals.

6 hours ago, tlandtday said:

This might be an indirect but highly effective means of scaring the crap out of those renting on a daily basis via airbnb.  This may be one of the goals.

In which case they should  try Sukhumvit  Suite  condo where stories of 7 people of African descent can be found  sharing a  studio room etc

Archived