Thai media warns condo owners - face a 2,000 baht fine if you fail to report a guest

webfact

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is that what they are throwing at the majority of us is morally degrading. 99.9% of us are not criminals, and then if the .1% does something wrong then let the street police handle it. The problem is we have qualified for our long term visa extensions or tourist visas etc, and are still taking hits. If the story is correct, I am sure he did not get treated this way when he went to the USA. All he did was have to qualify. If I want to go stay at my Thai in-laws anytime I want to, it is utterly unfair to have to think about this BS of them having to report me. I will not subject them to this. No way in H..ll.

1 hour ago, asiaexpat said:

My wife was fined 2000 Baht many years ago when we failed to do the report and then applied for an extension of stay. This is not new or an increase, some offices just do not charge the full amount.

My Mrs nagged the IO down to 800 baht, she even threw in it was her birthday 2 days before. Now I book to get back on Friday or Sat, don't feel like going all the way to the office with jet lag. I know it's possible to do it online but  when we asked how to do it the IO obviously did not know.

1 hour ago, AmericanSafety said:

Especially, when all of our neighboring countries have far less compliance requirements. Cambo, Laos & Vietnam are looking better each day and I don't blame Expats for leaving. An additional issue is it is going to negatively affect the condo market in tourist areas because investment property will be fairly useless. Who wants to spend 1, 2 or 3MB for a rental when you can't fill it?

Can't wait to see what will happen once this immigration xenophobia hits the BIG real estate developers pockets, and anyone associated with them that rely on farrang income.  Russian mafia can't support all revenue streams, nor can the Chinese tourists, or maybe they can? Time will tell.

Taksin closed the bars at Midnight making it harder to have fun. No fighting boys immigration rules have been getting harder for years it doesn't really matter who is in power. I believe it was during Taksins time in office when the rule for 30 day entries were changed to only 2 or 3 in a 6 month period. The immigration rules having been changing for years probably the faceless people who work behind the scenes and never change no matter how many elections or coups.

I find it hilarious that TAT and all others think its fine to penalize others for their own failures, how to criminals sneak back into Thailand if as we are constantly told the Thai immigration on all boarders is so Ace. Just another way to make all visitors feel welcome. Complete and utter joke.

"Let just mess things up, not think of the consequences or the future cause we all wear blinkers, cause that's what we are so good at and make idiotic rules up as we go cause we have no idea. The new mission statement of TAT.

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

lets say u have a tenant with a year contract first day u report him at immigration than 3 months later he travels abroad for 2 weeks once he returns he doesnt report back in with immigration and then immigration rings his door bell and check him out  then they will fine the condo owner for that??

How is a condo owner responsible for that? Its utterly ridiculous.

Could be wrong that is not how I understand the law.

Good for the landlord for making the initial report as mine did and gave me the receipt.

From there, on a long term lease I believe it is all on the tenant to self report.

On this, at Chonburi, I have never reported my return to Thailand and have not heard of anyone at that office being dinged for it.

2 hours ago, milwaukeeboy said:

Too many Thais with small AirBNB and guest house operations will be fined to death if this is strictly enforced.

Such is the penalty for breaking the laws and trying to fly below the tax mans radar.

1 hour ago, SuwadeeS said:

Why do they not spend the same intensive afford to hunt for dual price Thais cheating on foreigners?????????

'cos there's only so many Thai national parks that can reasonably excite the long-term resident, foreign 'tourist'?

Obviously he is working his arse off to get promotion. And poping up like a thesp on the TV screen showing that he’s doing a great job for the country. Damn great! keep it up.Let see how much he can do to clean up this country.

2F3F539F-5400-42BD-866C-20711FF4BA17.jpeg

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

The majority of condo owners in Thailand are still Thais so this has several negative financial consequences for many locals too.

Is the correct answer (at last).

Like most other countries, there's a revenue grab formal personal and business taxation laws. The fact that half-a-dozen foreigners who have 'invested' in condo's get the shaft is so much water under the bridge compared to the hundreds of real targets.

4 hours ago, robblok said:

After someone brought politics in it where i saw none. Thaksin brought the 90 days in, I don't hold him responsible for it just like i don't hold the junta responsible for the house registrations. Its just an ever increasing demand on us no matter who is in power. If who is in power had anything to do with immigration rules then IF we see the PTP in power do you really think things will change for the better.

My opinion is quite clear it does not matter who is in power rules will change and almost never for the better. We are too insignificant to even matter to them.

Ah! but Rob, it matters to them where lining pockets and causing you to jump through unnecessary hoops

are concerned.

1 hour ago, myshem said:

So will i get fined for not filling any crap tm30 + not reporting me as foreigner in condos that I own ?

Ridiculous rats !

Small print syndrome. The property developer wasn't about to embark on detailing your full, legal obligations as a legal property owner in Thailand now was he?

Don't sweat it, you're not alone.

3 hours ago, madox66 said:

If a member of my family is coming to visit me and stays for free in my house do I have to report ?

You don't just run and jump because someone says so. Don't go around trying to find what peoples rules are.

Get a life.

58 minutes ago, newnative said:

Now if they'd only crack down on all those condo owners doing illegal daily rentals and not reporting their illegal hotel guests to Immigration...

...and not having the proper business registration, tax ID and insurance coverages.

Archived