BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Hua Hin: Sit here for free but please order food - woman complains about beach rip off

Hua Hin: Sit here for free but please order food - woman complains about beach rip off

7pm.jpg

A Thai woman went online to complain that her family was ripped off for food on Hua Hin beach. 

She said that beach chairs and umbrellas are advertised as being free. As soon as people sit down they are told that they should order food. 

"Khun Kung" (Miss Prawn) said that her mum was tired and wanted to sit down. She appreciated that they should order something to "pay for the right to sit".  They ordered two plates of food even though there appeared to be eight in the family. . 

But they were taking up eight chairs and the staff told them they had to order more. 

They ordered four plates and drinks but eight plates of food arrived. 

They were shocked when the bill arrived for 2,300 baht. 

They had the following: Coconut shakes 240 baht, Prawn fried rice, 400, Seafood salad 500, Oysters 500, Prawns in batter, 500. With water, ice and coke the total bill was 2,300 baht. 

The husband went mad.

Kung posted online. 

Netizens posted similar stories. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-01

They should have known better. Nothing is free not even -no cover charge- as it fronts for what comes next.

Why didn't they ask for a menu.?

I had lunch on the beach with some Thais in Rayong ,atleast we had a table and bench.

Only reason I agreed to eating on the beach was because I wasn't paying. Lol

Bill  for 3 or so basic rice dishes,  a fish plate and a couple of Singhas630 ml bottles 2000 b thereabouts.

Waste of money.

it appears not only foreigners get scammed 555

Thank you dear Thai citizen for exposing these corrupt people at the beaches...👍

Just now, Lucius verus said:

They should have known better. Nothing is free not even -no cover charge- as it fronts for what comes next.

Why didn't they ask for a menu.?

I had lunch on the beach with some Thais in Rayong ,atleast we had a table and bench.

Only reason I agreed to eating on the beach was because I wasn't paying. Lol

Bill  for 3 or so basic rice dishes,  a fish plate and a couple of Singhas630 ml bottles 2000 b thereabouts.

Waste of money.

cheap charlies everywhere

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

Indeed, foreigners are always moaning that they are targeted but in reality Thais get scammed too. Just need to pay attention here.

12 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Well actually the world doesn't revolve around farangs in Thailand. Would have to wonder where they where on the beach. Went with the wife and her mom and sister a few years ago and we made  day of it do not remember the bill being that expensive, but looking at their bill they did order high end food. Ten dollars a piece not bad for sea food in thailand. By the way has anyone ever seen the way Thais go over the bill in a club or restarant, they know they get scammed, they are the majority of the customers here

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

Hua Hin beach: an equal opportunities scam service.

Cha am and Huahin are both complete rip-offs with the food served on the beach. Run mafia style with municipality and police not giving a shit. 

Mavideol...   I am a cheap charlie?

Yep, if thats what you call it.

There is very little in Thailand worth paying western money for. Local food is terrific except  most seafood.    30 -50 b for A full meal...never had food poisoning. Hookers ,  if you want one,30 dollars, clothes dirt cheap,rent dirt cheap with a/c.,even Buddha statues that farangs pay 800- 5000b for are given away free by temples to regulars who give alms.

Many end up in soi markets...farang are gullible.

If I am defined as a  cheap charlie so be it.

Eight people - 2300 Baht - a seafood feast. Not really a rip-off. Bit expensive.

All over Thailand local power players (politicians, police, military, high-level civil servants) have to cash in on their purchased positions or they would be out of pocket. They don't do complex things like precision engineering or world class manufacturing because they can't. They do the things they can that are straightforward and can be enforced easily. They sell the right to sell things in certain areas and they sell the right to run local transport.

These increase the price in 2 ways. Firstly the vendor has to pass the cost of buying the "right to sell" on to the customer. Secondly, since they have a guaranteed monopoly in that area there is no competition to drive prices down.

The result is Miss Plastic Surgery goes on Facebook to complain about the cost of eating on the beach.

it is not actually "free chairs on the beach" . it is really a restaurant with chairs and tables on the beach.

yeah! @atyclb the photo depicts a table! as a main subject.

not quite a batch of simple sand chairs... 

My wife(thai) visited a small food ship in soi 88 yesterday. Their bill should have been 249 baht but when the cashier totalled it up an extra 200 baht was added. Her and her friend got the menu and started adding up. At which the boss ( Thai) came over and told his cashier " know already " at which point the bill was reduced down to the correct amount. It's not just us that get ripped off. 

I had most expensive tom yum on HH beach. Was ridiculous price