Local Car Mechanic Wanted

a3tsw

I have a Toyota Vios which keeps stalling and need to find a mechanic to fix it. My can runs on LPG and the garage most local to me will not touch it due to this. I have had this problem with the car for some time now and took the car to the main Toyota dealer (Pearl) showroom out at the end of the bypass road. They were an expensive and complete waste of time and did not fix the problem. I also took the car to the LPG place where I had the conversion done (Eagle AutoGas) again did everything but fix the problem.

I looked on YouTube and believe that it is probably due to

1) Battery.

2) Alternator.

3) Distributor.

4) Fuel Pump.

Does anyone know of a mechanic locally (Nai Harn - Rawai - Chalong) that can examine/test these 4 things and repair/replace as necessary.

PS : The garage at the top of the hill on the left hand side in Viset Rd on the way to Rawai just past the Sai Yuan turn off won’t touch LPG cars.

Also , my car has no LPG in the tank at the moment , as I have been using Gasoline only for the last 3 Months.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

PS : The garage at the top of the hill on the left hand side in Viset Rd on the way to Rawai just past the Sai Yuan turn off won’t touch LPG cars.

That is a bodyshop, not a garage.

You might try the garage directly opposite Food For Farangs at Fisherman Way 2. Other side of the main road.  Used him for years for our 2 cars. Last year we bought a second hand car, Not realise it was CNG and nowhere to fill in Phuket or even get annual test. While car in for repair he suggested we take out the CNG system and have the car reclassified. He did all the work. 

Worth a try.

There are no decent mechanics in Phuket.  The only solution is to repair the problem yourself or sell your car.

There is a looming crisis in Thailand. There was a huge glut of cars sold when yingluck was offering the 100K THB cash back.  

Now all of those cars are starting to break down, but there are literally no workshops that have the skilled staff or equipment required to diagnose, let alone repair, the problems.

18 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

There are no decent mechanics in Phuket.  The only solution is to repair the problem yourself or sell your car.

There is a looming crisis in Thailand. There was a huge glut of cars sold when yingluck was offering the 100K THB cash back.  

Now all of those cars are starting to break down, but there are literally no workshops that have the skilled staff or equipment required to diagnose, let alone repair, the problems.

Yes, The Yingluck cars are there.

For the rest your statement is nonsense. Many good mechanics here, and all dealers are present with workshops and all diagnostic equipment required.

Bull, many good mechs here. I know a good and honest mechanic. He has a shop near Ban Nabon school (between the zoo road and Villa 3). Let me know if you need his information. You will need to know Thai so bring someone with you.

Hi , thanks for the contact , will be going to the guy livinginkata recommended tomorrow , nearer to my home , but if that doesn’t bear fruit , then will give your guy a go.... cheers again!

• 2 weeks later...
You might try the garage directly opposite Food For Farangs at Fisherman Way 2. Other side of the main road.  Used him for years for our 2 cars. Last year we bought a second hand car, Not realise it was CNG and nowhere to fill in Phuket or even get annual test. While car in for repair he suggested we take out the CNG system and have the car reclassified. He did all the work. 

Worth a try.

Thanks for the contact, took the car to him last Week and he did a great job , very thorough and professional, removed the LPG and sorted the problem I had with the engine , car is running like new and will be my go-to-guy , if I ever need anything done to the car in future , he has asked me to bring the car back in 3 Months time for a free service. His name is Mon btw ....[emoji373][emoji106]

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived