BANGKOK
jimgilly

where are the expats in Roi Et?

Going to be in Roi Et for a couple of days and wonder where I might meet an expat or two.  Did a google search but didn't find much.  Anyone know where to go for a good meal, a cold beer and maybe have a chat?

Thanks

Pizza101 adjacent to the central lake (The Boung). Lots of bars/restaurants dotted about. It’s a nice place IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've been there a couple of times, the wife and I loved the town, especially the lake and park in the center. As Dilligad said, the main bars and restaurants seemed to be adjacent to the lake.

• Like 1

Someone recommended Patricks (?) but wasn't sure on how to get there.  Anyone know about this place and have directions?

Thanks

maha sarakham have about 1000 expats, most have work at university, roi et near i believe have more than sarakham. khon kaen have lot too.and udon thani. all near roi et.

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

seems a long way to go meet expats

Or a short way to go to avoid them...

• Like 1

Not really, that’s easy, just stay put!

Agreed, we loved the lake and park for fitness. There were two bars/restaurants next to each other that seem to get the most expats. They overlook the lake. Can't remember their names. 

Agreed, we loved the lake and park for fitness. There were two bars/restaurants next to each other that seem to get the most expats. They overlook the lake. Can't remember their names. 

Details in post #3. Like you, I cannot remember the name of the place next door.

There are three or 4 bar/ restaurants around the lake. And one downtown that has a quiz night. Roi et has much better Thai night life.

• Like 1

There are several places with fantastic food and amazingly low prices with incredible ambiance. 

Drinks are free and there is live music and a very attractive dance floor. If it's your birthday everything is on the house. 

It's a short walk from luxury hotels with ridiculously low rates and jacuzzi baths in every room and free room service with a scrumptious breakfast buffet included.. 

I just can't remember the names or exact locations. Good luck and enjoy. Be sure to tell them I sent you to get a discount. 

😜

3 hours ago, RocketDog said:

There are several places with fantastic food and amazingly low prices with incredible ambiance. 

Drinks are free and there is live music and a very attractive dance floor. If it's your birthday everything is on the house. 

It's a short walk from luxury hotels with ridiculously low rates and jacuzzi baths in every room and free room service with a scrumptious breakfast buffet included.. 

I just can't remember the names or exact locations. Good luck and enjoy. Be sure to tell them I sent you to get a discount. 

😜

I’m sure he will find that really useful. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2019 at 7:31 AM, DILLIGAD said:

Details in post #3. Like you, I cannot remember the name of the place next door.

Wasn't one owned by a Belguim or French guy? The other was just taken over by youngish American with a decent pizza. 

• Like 1