Pattaya eyes Big Buddha Hill redevelopment

Rimmer

Pattaya eyes Big Buddha Hill redevelopment

image.png

PATTAYA:--Having cleared encroachments around Big Buddha Hill’s Chinese shrine, Pattaya now is trying to figure out what to do with the land.

Deputy mayors Manote Nongyai and Pattana Boonsawat toured the Phra Yai Temple area with engineering and public works staffers on Pratamnak Hill March 28 with an eye toward redevelopment of the wat, the Wang Sam Sien Chinese shrine and Attajinda Road.

Pattaya was given five rai of Ministry of Defense land from the Royal Thai Navy. After the rights were transferred, Pattaya improved the landscaping but found numerous private ventures had built on part of the land. The city ordered all the structures removed in October 2016.

Among them was the popular Wang Sam Sien, built by the Mahakitpaisan Foundation. In July 2016, the Supreme Administrative Court upheld a lower court’s verdict against Mahakitpaisan for building the shrine on public land and gave it to Pattaya.

The city originally planned to raze the shrine, but reversed course and will now manage it directly. Now it is looking to beautify landscaping and add facilities to bring more tourists to the area.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-02-04--

Just now, Sealbash said:

No matter what they develop there, TVF posters will find fault.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I would love to compliment them on their successes, what are they?

5 minutes ago, Sealbash said:

And yet there are those whose opinion is that the tunnel has improved traffic flow at that junction.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not today it didn't. Sukhumvit was under a foot or more of water. I wonder why,  it didn't flood in the past.

Moving traffic faster to another jammed up junction isn't much progress, but I admit getting onto Klang is easier for me mostly. Easier than the 3 years of roadworks. Also those coming Northwards onto the motorway find life easier. 

Sadly, we are talking of improvements outside the City proper.  We hear today flooding is still an issue, and the Beach has partially washed away leaving a mess. 

Yes, there are numerous areas for improvement Too many to list here, and everyone has their pet peeves. Back to my point - there have been many improvements made to Pattaya city over the past few decades. It is incorrect to say there aren’t. But then, TVF. Can not give credit for improvements, can only identify shortfalls or criticize what doesn’t meet the personal approval of the poster.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 minutes ago, Sealbash said:

there have been many improvements made to Pattaya city over the past few decades.

Which you are unable to list!

I thought it much better in 1982 when I first came (took a while to get here)..... so hard for me to see the improvements.

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
16 hours ago, jacko45k said:
Moving on from the recent successes on the beachfront....

its just work generation. Do a crap job and redo, makes sense to Thais

Yes, the promenade tiles and pavement have been a source of work and income for decades, I think the Beach has joined in that success. 

On 4/2/2019 at 5:02 AM, Kim J said:

Here you see 11 of Pattaya's finest. The one in black at the rear looks like he is urinating in the undergrowth, and I bet not one of them has given all the filth and squalor we can see a second thought, maybe they haven't even noticed it at all, preferring to concentrate on carving out the best graft opportunities.

Put the lot of them together and I bet you couldn't muster one fully functioning brain between them. No wonder this city is such a mess.

5:02 AM?

Sheesh... who p!ssed in your Corn Flakes then?

19 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So you can't think of any either!

I'll start, The Tunnel.

OMG yes! The Tunnel!

Brought to you by the same great people that brought you...

The Marina! And...

The waterfront Condo!!!

...and 30 cm to 50 cm of flash flooding floating turdwaters after every rain storm.

23 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Anyone got a google maps link to where they are talking about? was thinking its the bottom of view point or maybe bush mountain, but perhaps somewhere else

Bush mountain?

Please tell us more.

10 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

OMG yes! The Tunnel!

Brought to you by the same great people that brought you...

The Marina! And...

The waterfront Condo!!!

...and 30 cm to 50 cm of flash flooding floating turdwaters after every rain storm.

Yes I'm struggling to add to this list.  Terminal 21 that has made Pattaya Nua a no-go area?

The disappearing beach?

The improved drainage?

The tangle of overhead cables?

A police force?

Meter-using taxis?

Parking?

There must be something in fifteen years of living here; damned if I can think of (m)any.

Archived