DeeMoney 101: How Does It Work and Is It Secure?

I transferred THB 20,000 to Australia using both DeeMoney and the K+ (Kasikornbank) App (which allows international transfer from the app), as a test.

Here are the results:

. The money sent with the  K+ app arrived after 1 day in my Australian account

. The money send via DeeMoney arrived after 18 (!) days in my Australian account. I sent a number of emails to DeeMoney, they talked about operational difficulties...

DeeMoney was 1.5% cheaper than K+, including fees and conversion rates.

I will use K+ for future transfers

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone know the maximum cap for QR transfers to DeeMoney from Bangkok Bank qr code transfer?

I keep getting a warning I'm over my daily limit. I've tried raising the limits on bangkok bank online under transfer limits but it seems to be a different limit.

I'm not currently in Thailand so can't go in branch to increase limits. Maybe I can do it via phone internationally? any experts here?

On 10/21/2019 at 12:31 PM, Javlin55 said:

Anyone know the maximum cap for QR transfers to DeeMoney from Bangkok Bank qr code transfer?

I keep getting a warning I'm over my daily limit. I've tried raising the limits on bangkok bank online under transfer limits but it seems to be a different limit.

I'm not currently in Thailand so can't go in branch to increase limits. Maybe I can do it via phone internationally? any experts here?

From looking at my Bangkok Bank mbanking app I think the max QR/service code payment allowed is Bt50K....and can only be changed/raised/lowered by visiting a branch.  Now on ibanking you can make limit changes but that only applies to ibanking.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2020 at 6:37 PM, michael888 said:

Just saw some horrible reviews for this service on various websites.  Has anyone used this lately? thanks

You may be reading old reviews from around the July 2019 to early Jan 2020 when DeeMoney had problems/delays in transferring funds to certain countries....in fact, stopped transferring to some countries like the US and UK up until late Jan 2020.  But in late Jan 2020 they apparently got their problems fixed, resumed service to the US and UK and added a bunch of European countries.   Now transfers occur in one business day. 

I used them for transfers before July 2019 and my funds arrived my US banks in approx 2 - 3 business days no problem.  I didn't use them again because of no need until they came back on line with transfers to the US in late Jan 2020...now my transfers take one business day.

Probably best you read below ThaiVisa thread where they announced their new transfer program in late Jan 2020....includes reviews from folks who have used the service.

Edited by Pib

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2020 at 7:14 PM, charliebadenhop said:

Please share a bit about what you have heard. 

Money not arriving at all in some cases.  Extreme delays in other cases.  Some were confirmed by the owner (I presume) who wrote back and was apologizing to people and giving a stock answer of "we have fixed that problem, etc...".  But what I am hearing now here (from 1 person) is that it is better than before?

20 hours ago, michael888 said:

Money not arriving at all in some cases.  Extreme delays in other cases.  Some were confirmed by the owner (I presume) who wrote back and was apologizing to people and giving a stock answer of "we have fixed that problem, etc...".  But what I am hearing now here (from 1 person) is that it is better than before?

Hi, during the month of September and October of 2019, our services first started with extreme delays which then ended with a complete shut down. As of November 2019, our services went back to normal.

After our DeeNext launch, our guaranteed transfer time of within the next working day, transfers take no more than 2 working days. We offer an instant 100% refund including the transfer fee if it is delayed, and we have yet to issue a refund so far. In other words, 100% of all our transfers have been within the guaranteed time limit.

Due to the nature of bank holidays, working days, and especially the current pandemic going on, we can only say that it takes "within the next working day" as a guarantee. In actuality, however, most transfers are taking less than 2 hours when done on a working day.

Disclaimer: We do not guarantee the funds to arrive within 2 hours.

Edited by DeeMoney

• 3 years later...

There is no need to use deemoney, its now possible to transfer up to 2 milj baht/day directly from your Thai bank app and money arrives the next day so much faster than deemoney.

I did this mon, thu and wed this week and worked perfect.

I have Bkk Bank.

But first you need to visit your Thai bank and ask them to open up so you are allowed to transfer 2 mil/day, was easy.

On 10/5/2023 at 3:01 PM, Viapea said:

There is no need to use deemoney, its now possible to transfer up to 2 milj baht/day directly from your Thai bank app and money arrives the next day so much faster than deemoney.

I have Bkk Bank.

But first you need to visit your Thai bank and ask them to open up so you are allowed to transfer 2 mil/day, was easy.

What about exchange rate and charges Vs Dee money?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2023 at 9:01 AM, Viapea said:

I have Bkk Bank.

what documents did they ask for? workpermit?