PM wants smog problem resolved in seven days

webfact

"Illegal"...

They can do whatever they want. If they burn every forest again tomorrow because they want to, they can. They must be laughing all day breaking record after record. Causing children having to go to hopsital must give them a huge sense of satisfaction.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, isaanjohnno said:

Perhaps making the village chiefs responsible for the lighting of fires would be a good start. My local chief burnt 40 rai of sugar last week despite it being illegal!!!!

He instructed provincial governors to closely check the work of kamnans and village heads. 

“If they fail to prevent or solve problems, punish them. You can fire them,” he said.

Perhaps this could help.

In USA took years to lower smog in some cities like in California was the first state to have mandatory catalytic converters on cars. Coal power electric companies to reduce their immisions ect but no just order someone to fix in 7 days.  Just shows  when someone doesn't know what causes the problem so doesn't know  how to fix.

2 hours ago, Artisi said:

The Geo-Informatics and Space Technology Development Agency’s fire-monitoring system, citing a satellite image as of 1.36am on Tuesday,

Said there were 1,969 hot spots in nine northern provinces. Mae Hong Son had the most with 821 hotspots, followed by Chiang Mai (478), Chiang Rai (232), Lampang (116), Tak (89), Nan (77), Phayao (74), Phrae (63), and Lamphun (19).

We had no rain since Jan. Not sure that the limited military could be effective with this many fires.

Essentially nothing can be done except wait for rain. Typically April has 10 rain days. Waiting for one to come.

I continue to stay inside most of the time as my lungs are weak from so many years in the steel mills.

Only He who He is can solve something big in less than seven days.

Them and we the mortals, need stop igniting crop waste

and instead do turning the soil for a new crop grow.

It is also one of the King philosophy to stop using the same crop

year after year and instead change what you grow every year.

22 minutes ago, DonaldBattles said:

The Geo-Informatics and Space Technology Development Agency’s fire-monitoring system, citing a satellite image as of 1.36am on Tuesday,

Said there were 1,969 hot spots in nine northern provinces. Mae Hong Son had the most with 821 hotspots, followed by Chiang Mai (478), Chiang Rai (232), Lampang (116), Tak (89), Nan (77), Phayao (74), Phrae (63), and Lamphun (19).

We had no rain since Jan. Not sure that the limited military could be effective with this many fires.

Essentially nothing can be done except wait for rain. Typically April has 10 rain days. Waiting for one to come.

I continue to stay inside most of the time as my lungs are weak from so many years in the steel mills.

Please don't publish this fake news, the green guys don't like having this sort of news floating about for all to see and read - might give the wrong impression.... 

5 days left.

I don’t know why these dummies always open their mouths with impossible due dates on things. 3 months to clean this, 1 month to fix that, 7 days for this.... it never even comes close to working. Hot air, always. It makes them look ignorant, incompetent, and out of touch.

1 minute ago, dcnx said:

5 days left.

I don’t know why these dummies always open their mouths with impossible due dates on things. 3 months to clean this, 1 month to fix that, 7 days for this.... it never even comes close to working. Hot air, always. It makes them look ignorant, incompetent, and out of touch.

Because the masses listening think..."WOW".....????

I'm a Thailand-based freelance

environmental consultant with a certificate in waste management for developing countries and former experience as researching on trash burning issues with Greenpeace in Bangkok. I would be happy to help solve this problem for free. Who can I contact in the government specifically about this issue? Email please?

This is not about forest fires. That is a ruse and a cover up. It is primarily about the burning of cane, diesel power plants, and diesel vehicles.

The ironic and sad aspect of this, is that an administration that has done less than zero about this issue for nearly 60 months, now says it should be resolved within a week. Who are they fooling? Does anyone buy into the current concern about this epidemic? This is really about incompetence, gross indifference, and a hapless administration that has failed it's people on dozens of different levels.

The Thai people simply must figure out a way to get rid of the army. They must find new leaders who are not corrupt, who care, who are earnest about finding solutions, and who are not hypnotized by power.

Maybe I can help him a bit: if air pollution, fighting against it, or general knowledge and education is not his strength, I can give him the following advice:

1. the polluted air will not disappear after "his" 7 days, but when it starts raining for the 1st time this year

2. if the community heads look out for any smoke, and if they see some, locate the area, find out the land owner, and jail him

3. if the police would watch for all buses, trucks, vans, bikes and other vehicles exhausting black smoke and take them off the road forever, THAT, in combination with point 2., would help - I didn't know that a country leader cannot understand such simple things which are at the level of a not too stupid 9 year old school boy

Instead of the fire trucks driving around the moat blowing water they should take a short drive up to Chang Dao and put the fires out. Putting the actual fires out would clear up the air alot quicker than blowing water around the moat.

44 minutes ago, redbull707 said:

environmental consultant with a certificate in waste management for developing countries and former experience as researching on trash burning issues with Greenpeace in Bangkok. I would be happy to help solve this problem for free. Who can I contact in the government specifically about this issue? Email please?

show me a work permit or face jail!!!!!!!  

3 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Instead of the fire trucks driving around the moat blowing water they should take a short drive up to Chang Dao and put the fires out. Putting the actual fires out would clear up the air alot quicker than blowing water around the moat.

...that's too logical 'moe'.

49 minutes ago, redbull707 said:

[email protected]

10 minutes ago, tandor said:

..standing there defiant without a mask, says nothing.

Says actually much about his relation to HMS, you know - Safety First - Better he goes back to his old profession ...

image.png.d6fd77248a0ff8c00e6de3d4957d5582.png

51 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is not about forest fires. That is a ruse and a cover up. It is primarily about the burning of cane, diesel power plants, and diesel vehicles.

The ironic and sad aspect of this, is that an administration that has done less than zero about this issue for nearly 60 months, now says it should be resolved within a week. Who are they fooling? Does anyone buy into the current concern about this epidemic? This is really about incompetence, gross indifference, and a hapless administration that has failed it's people on dozens of different levels.

The Thai people simply must figure out a way to get rid of the army. They must find new leaders who are not corrupt, who care, who are earnest about finding solutions, and who are not hypnotized by power.

Shouldn’t be surprise if the junta leader does nothing on this issue and any other issues that have no benefits to him. They seized power and are not accountable to the people. They are not elected officials and don’t need to face the electorate. He can say and promise just about anything without any accountability and he use intimidation if those spoke against him. 

Archived