UK Affirmation of residency - question

Hello. I think I need an Affirmation of residency letter from the UK Embassy. I need to renew my 2-yr driving licence (which has expired by six weeks). I'm from the UK, aged 50, and hold one-yr extension based on marriage.

I have a couple of questions..,

1. Does anyone know if the Affirmation of residency letter is definately needed to renew the driving licence (Please note, I didn't use one to get the original 2-yr licence from Pattaya Land Transport)

2. If the above is definately needed, can I get the Affirmation of residency letter from Pattaya immigration?? I have lived in Bangkok for the past two years (but used to live in Pattaya). The reason I ask is that UK Bangkok embassy has no available slots to attend the required meeting to obtain the letter (their next 'available' slot is at the end of May!)

Any comments would be helpful. Thanks. J

1. I surprised you did not need a certificate of residency then. Did you have some other proof of residence.

2. Edit: If you are doing 90 day reports to Bangkok immigration they will do a certificate of residency.

I don't think Jomtien will do one for you unless you can prove your are living in Pattaya.

Edited by ubonjoe

Ubonjoe, just wondering where else is it possible to get a certificate of residency in Bangkok. At CW Immigration? Getting something like this from the UK embassy is a nightmare so need an option. Thanks for your help!

Edited by JRG23

10 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

Thanks, Ubonjoe. I have done some 90 days reports at CW Immigration, but I'm often travelling for work so haven't done many - Does that matter?

The do not expect you to of done them every 90 days. You need at least a recent one that can be seen.