Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roroeow7

Getting too fat!!!!

Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone,

I am after a bit of advice! mellow 
I am approx. 16 weeks pregnant with my second child, when i fell pregnant i was still bigger than my normal weight as my son was only 9 months old and i hadn't lost all the weight from my first pregancy.
I am a very fit and active person, but i still put on 20+ kilos when i was pregnant with my son (he was over 4kgs of that).
I have already gained 7 kilos this time round and i am worried that not only am i putting on too much weight but i will have another huge baby (i don't think i would survive a baby any bigger than my son, i was stiched from top to bottom if you know what i mean) sad 
We live out of town so going to a gym is not possible for me, but i do get alot of exercise at home and i eat pretty well except the odd treat but i am not eating junk food all day or anything.
I am so unsure about what to do and i hate to admit it is getting me down sad , i know it sound silly but i feel i have to do something!

Thanks for any advice in advance
Cass smile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have yo consulted an OB regarding your concerns.  Medically speaking its a good move.  Second, assuming everything is  medically is healthy, gaining weight is normal during pregnancy.  Conversely, one of the best pieces of advice offered was, be patient about losing the weight; it took your body 12 months to gain weight and make the changes it did to prepare for birth, anticipate at least a normal 12 months to undo all that.  In other words, don't be too hard/judgemntal of yourself.  You can restore things to the way they were.  Of course, as we all age, it may get harder or easier for some us depending on genetics, and other factors. However, I do hear your concerns.  You questioning how much.  I cannot tell you, except sometimes there are changes that are leaps and bounds, while other times changes progress slow and steady.  Hope your journey and birth is a joyous one.  Good luck, and remember to time your breathing, it HELPS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A gym plays only a small part in losing weight.. Google how long it takes to burn off 1 donut and coffee

Keto is the real deal. No need to count calories

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2019 at 2:05 PM, madmen said:

A gym plays only a small part in losing weight.. Google how long it takes to burn off 1 donut and coffee

Keto is the real deal. No need to count calories

OK - you do need to count calories on KETO if the end goal is weight reduction. That said, I would think this is not the time to start, given that she is pregnant and would not need the keto flu, nor the initial lack of energy/motivation that she will have to go through in order to achieve ketosis. 

 

To the op - look at your caloric intake, reduce it slightly & go for a walk/increase your activity. I would think exercise of any form will aid in your weight management & mood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, eezergood said:

OK - you do need to count calories on KETO if the end goal is weight reduction. That said, I would think this is not the time to start, given that she is pregnant and would not need the keto flu, nor the initial lack of energy/motivation that she will have to go through in order to achieve ketosis. 

 

To the op - look at your caloric intake, reduce it slightly & go for a walk/increase your activity. I would think exercise of any form will aid in your weight management & mood. 

Wrong!!  I have been hard core Keto (atkins) less than 20 grams of carbs per day and never ever counted calories and dropped 20kg to my target weight which I maintain. Ketosis itself will take care of overeating because the cravings just go away.

 

I never had keto flu or lack of energy, quite the opposite and keto flu never killed anyone. Walking will do not much for serious weight control, you need to get your heart rate way up to gain any benefits and walking doesn't cut it, you can see fat people walking every day..yep still fat!

 

I strongly suggest you do some research on ketosis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, madmen said:

Wrong!!  I have been hard core Keto (atkins) less than 20 grams of carbs per day and never ever counted calories and dropped 20kg to my target weight which I maintain. Ketosis itself will take care of overeating because the cravings just go away.

 

I never had keto flu or lack of energy, quite the opposite and keto flu never killed anyone. Walking will do not much for serious weight control, you need to get your heart rate way up to gain any benefits and walking doesn't cut it.

 

I strongly suggest you do some research on ketosis

Your actually destroying your own argument that calories don't matter. Because if they did not you would keep on losing weight. You yourself say its now stable that means if you eat more you will get heavier and if you eat less then you will lose weight again.

 

So keto or not calories matter even if you don't count them.

 

Keto is not for everyone i lost 25 kg without the need for keto and got a muscular lean body in return. I would never go keto as its just not good for building muscle. I did try it and i did not lose fat faster as on my normal diet. Kinda the same results most real science test have. They see no advantage to keto. (if the studies are done in house and metabolic chamber the gold standard)

 

Anyway fine you do keto, it works, but other stuff work too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, eezergood said:

OK - you do need to count calories on KETO if the end goal is weight reduction. That said, I would think this is not the time to start, given that she is pregnant and would not need the keto flu, nor the initial lack of energy/motivation that she will have to go through in order to achieve ketosis. 

 

To the op - look at your caloric intake, reduce it slightly & go for a walk/increase your activity. I would think exercise of any form will aid in your weight management & mood. 

Advising a pregnant woman to go on any kind of diet is foolish I think. But that is just an opinion. I think it cant be good for the child. 

 

anyway keto and pregnant.. I would certainly not do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, robblok said:

Advising a pregnant woman to go on any kind of diet is foolish I think. But that is just an opinion. I think it cant be good for the child. 

 

anyway keto and pregnant.. I would certainly not do that.

Exactly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, madmen said:

Wrong!!  I have been hard core Keto (atkins) less than 20 grams of carbs per day and never ever counted calories and dropped 20kg to my target weight which I maintain. Ketosis itself will take care of overeating because the cravings just go away.

 

I never had keto flu or lack of energy, quite the opposite and keto flu never killed anyone. Walking will do not much for serious weight control, you need to get your heart rate way up to gain any benefits and walking doesn't cut it, you can see fat people walking every day..yep still fat!

 

I strongly suggest you do some research on ketosis

I Have done lots ( an have been in & out of ketosis for 4 years) I can attest to its efficacy. HOWEVERE it is not a panacea & you (counted or otherwise) are restricting/reducing calories if your body weight is decreasing. 

 

You may be one of the few that did not get keto flu or lack of (initial) energy, most are not so lucky and I would venture that a pregnant lady would not be......... Keto can be a tool, no different or magical than any other strategy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also their last thread was about quitting smoking pasted from another forum. This is a spam account for god only knows what reason.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

That's correct. It depends on the first reading though. Usually we do a simple FBS (fasting blood sugar) as par of a routine prenatal exam. If OK we then do the challenge. If it's really high we might stop there because the challenge might be risky. If not too high we do the full GTT (glucose tolerance test) or modify the GTT with  lower glucose given. 

Large babies can get stuck in the birth canal and can be born with fractured shoulders, etc. That's why there  is so much concerned about weight gain. 

If the baby is so large, wouldn't a c-section be advised? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...