Mae Phim resort

JordanJones

The Mai Phim Resort hotel is in that price range. Nice rooms with sea view and free breakfast.

When eating out go for the restaurant with western food. Forget its name but easily the best. Some of the sea food restaurants there are the worst you will find anywhere. Tried half a dozen over the years never found a good one.

hat mai pim 019.jpg

8 hours ago, JordanJones said:

The seafood news is disappointing. Would Rayong be better for that?

I don't think so. It is strange about the seafood. A lot of it is pulled from the sea right there but they just don't cook it well. We have seriously tried many places and apart from bigger than usual portions the taste was very disappointing compared to what you can get in a similar place like Cha Am. However, the western restaurant there also sells seafood so might be worth a try.

Here is a picture of the place selling decent food.

bandicam 2019-04-03 17-26-40-061.jpg

13 hours ago, Denim said:

I don't think so. It is strange about the seafood. A lot of it is pulled from the sea right there but they just don't cook it well. We have seriously tried many places and apart from bigger than usual portions the taste was very disappointing compared to what you can get in a similar place like Cha Am. However, the western restaurant there also sells seafood so might be worth a try.

Here is a picture of the place selling decent food.

bandicam 2019-04-03 17-26-40-061.jpg

Restaurant's name is "Tequila Sunrise"

In case you’re still interested, there’s a great burger etc place there called Grill on the Alley (used to be good anyway a few months ago), Bali Pizza is great especially the Penang Pizza, the hotel does decent cocktails and a nearby restaurant called Lom Talay does do decent Thai food including seafood. Cucina Italia also worth going to. The beachside places outside of Mae Phim are the real ones to avoid but I really rate the area for a laid back break.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I 2nd that Bali pizza joint. I'm sure it's the same one we visited 4 years ago.

We stayed at Mae Phil apartment. 1250 baht on agoda. Bike rental from bakery I think it was a Swedish bakery. Within 20 metres.

Was 2km from a 711 but a nice quiet relaxing place with a few eateries dotted about. 

I liked the apartment it was clean and modern and a pool on roof to cool down. Secure too I recall.

Archived