Buriram: Nurse's assistant on her phone playing games while patient fights for life

webfact

9 hours ago, petedk said:

She probably expected you to say sorry.

I have had the same thing happen to me several times and get some nasty looks sometimes. I mean how dare I get in the way of someone not looking where they are going?

Yes. It is an obsession. I went to a watch repair shop the other day and the girl working there was crouched down behind the counter having a video phone call with her boyfriend. I decided to wait and see how long before she looked up. 12 minutes!  

In certain jobs (such as hospitals or any customer service) phones should only be used in emergencies.

I often get moaned at for not answering my phone or replying to Line messages within a short time, but I simply don't let my mobile rule my life).

Couldn't  have been much wrong with your watch then.

10 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

This was a nurse assistant.  They are there to change sheets and wipe assess. . Over all clean up. I am sure an alarm from one of the machines would alert the medical staff of any emergency.  

They don't wipe asses, that's up to the relatives.

Different hospitals seems to play different games...

Four Blackpool Victoria Hospital staff arrested in patient 'poisoning' probe
A total of seven members of staff at Blackpool Victoria Hospital have been arrested by Lancashire Police as part of the investigation >>> More

9 hours ago, bluesofa said:

How true. It IS an obsession.

A completely different, not even dangerous situation: Yesterday a woman in Big C walked into me as she was 'playing' on her phone, looking down at it while oblivious where she was walking. She didn't even say sorry.

How dare you NOT avoid her, interrupting her game by running into her>>norty norty norty

5 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Fruits and flowers? Somebody with no sense of humor must have stopped them in the last minute to send the family video games for their phones.

No, she was hoping to hit something that could be used for lottery numbers.

2 hours ago, ryane66 said:

Nursing assistant has no formal nurse training and should not be put in a position of watching a patient in ICU.  She is NOT a nurse.

her likely role is suction respiratory secretions, empty a bladder catheter bag, cleaning and call a nurse or doctor for anything else. 

I've had to get out of taxis cos the driver insisted on watching his phone while driving.... 

First asking the driver not to play his movie while driving and to put his phone down on the seat next to him... Telling him its dangerous to drive and watch the phone...  It's happened a few times....  on a couple of occasions the taxi driver responded and put the phone down to his side... on a couple of other occasions I was completely ignored... so just told the driver to pull over and I got out.

The Laws in a number of countries are managing mobile phone use in cars as much as possible, no one cares in Thailand. 

But, the 'screen' addition seems overwhelming... not just in Thailand but everywhere... Go to any restaurant and you can see whole families sat at a table looking into their phones - its insane, like a scene out of Black-Mirror....  its almost as if we as a society has lost our consciousness.

It's quite amusing and amazing to see the videos of people walking around into traffic, into lampposts and ponds etc because they are engrossed in their phones.

6 minutes ago, inThailand said:

She was using her phone to bill him. What's more important? 

6 minutes ago, inThailand said:

Why would a nursing assistant be billing a Thai in a government hospital?

31 minutes ago, colinneil said:
38 minutes ago, inThailand said:

Why would a nursing assistant be billing a Thai in a government hospital?

Ha ha! C'mon, it was either sarcasm, or if she was billing him, it must have been for 'personal services'.

Archived