Scaled-down Pattaya Music Festival 2007 Discussed.

farangsay

At Pattaya City Hall, Khun Niran, the Mayor of Pattaya chaired this preparation meeting for the forthcoming Pattaya Music Festival which will take place between 16th and 18th March. This annual event will this year be held at the Pattaya Indoor Stadium in Soi Chayapreuk 2, Jomtien. There will be two sound stages offering a mix of differing music styles to cater for all ages. Record Companies here in Thailand such as Grammy, RS Promotions and MTV Thailand will all be involved in the event and are promising to bring top superstars to the event. This years scaled-down Music Festival will cost the city 15 Million Baht compared to last years event which cost 40 Million Baht. More details on this event are due shortly.

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_03_03_50.htm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just posted this because I didn't know if I could , nobody got shot/drugged/raped and I just

saw another "Pattaya is NG" thread starting.

As somebody who has never been to Pattaya I don't knock it and I feel you Pattaya residents

should be doing more to defend the image of your town.

That's at least 10 satangs so I'll stop now.

:o

• 3 weeks later...

******NEWS******UPDATE******

Source: Pattaya City News: March 19th 2007

Security Problems dominate the disappointing Pattaya Music Festival 2007.

The Pattaya Music Festival is over for another year and initial reports from those who attended the event suggest it did not compare to festivals from previous years.

Security was tight but there were still incidents within the stadium including one incident where a young man was stabbed but not seriously injured. Sporadic fights kept security officials busy throughout the festival which for many spoiled the event which featured some of Thailand’s top bands and singers such as Silly Fool, Ebola, Endorphin, Potato, Clash and Tata Young.

On Sunday Night as the Festival came to an end, it was almost inevitable that a serious incident was going to occur, as various motorbike gangs left the area with the intention of continuing the party elsewhere. A Police checkpoint outside the venue led to numerous arrests and the discovery of a fake gun and knives.

One major incident occurred at around 3am on Monday Morning at the front of the Ambassador City Hotel in Jomtien where three people were injured in a shooting incident which Police believe was gang related.

Questions will now have to be asked relating to issues of security and if the local Police, army and volunteers were fully prepared for the thousands of people who attended the event.