Some in Mueller's team see report as more damaging to Trump than Barr summary: New York Times

webfact

Uhhh Elmer maybe because we were looking another Great Depression square in the eye and you forgot a lot of that bailout money had been paid back Donald on the other hand with his tax scam handed the rich and big corporations a nice big fat welfare check and the deficit continues to clime in good economic times the next administration will address this

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, elmrfudd said:

I wonder why these liberals were never concerned about the 9 TRILLION in debt amassed by the previous administration 

During the last 4 FY of Obama, public debt increased by 3.508 trillion. For Trump's term, according to projections by his own administration, the debt increase will be 5.080 trillion. That's 45% more than Obama under very similar economic conditions.

4 hours ago, candide said:

During the last 4 FY of Obama, public debt increased by 3.508 trillion. For Trump's term, according to projections by his own administration, the debt increase will be 5.080 trillion. That's 45% more than Obama under very similar economic conditions.

Under completely different economic circumstances. Obama had to stimulate the economy to prevent/get us out of a recession. Trump is flying on that wave but still increasing the debt.

6 hours ago, Tug said:

Uhhh Elmer maybe because we were looking another Great Depression square in the eye and you forgot a lot of that bailout money had been paid back Donald on the other hand with his tax scam handed the rich and big corporations a nice big fat welfare check and the deficit continues to clime in good economic times the next administration will address this

Wait, we are told by libs this current economic boom is because Obama fixed the economy and the massive doubling of the debt was because he had to fix the economy. 

The next administration will be Trump's, so prepare your outrage. 

5 hours ago, candide said:

A republican forced sequester. 

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Under completely different economic circumstances. Obama had to stimulate the economy to prevent/get us out of a recession. Trump is flying on that wave but still increasing the debt.

34 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

Wait, we are told by libs this current economic boom is because Obama fixed the economy and the massive doubling of the debt was because he had to fix the economy. 

The next administration will be Trump's, so prepare your outrage. 

Are you both able to read my post? I chose Obama's last 4 fiscal years because they were 'normal' years. The US economy had recovered from the crisis and there was no need to increase budget deficit compared to previous years. So Obama started to reduce budget deficit. That's sound economic policy: increase budget deficit to fight a crisis and then reduce it when the situation is normal again. That's called anticyclical policy.

Under similar conditions (no crisis recovery, sustained growth), Trump increased budget deficit instead. So under similar economic situation during a 4 years period, Trump's debt increase is +45% compared to Obama's previous 4 years.

That's how he 'buys' extra GDP growth and related job growth in order to look good.

6 minutes ago, candide said:

Are you both able to read my post? I chose Obama's last 4 fiscal years because they were 'normal' years. The US economy had recovered from the crisis and there was no need to increase budget deficit compared to previous years. So Obama started to reduce budget deficit. That's sound economic policy: increase budget deficit to fight a crisis and then reduce it when the situation is normal again. That's called anticyclical policy.

Under similar conditions (no crisis recovery, sustained growth), Trump increased budget deficit instead. So under similar economic situation during a 4 years period, Trump's debt increase is +45% compared to Obama's previous 4 years.

That's how he 'buys' extra GDP growth and related job growth in order to look good.

Sorry, missed the part about last 4 years.

10 hours ago, elmrfudd said:

I wonder why these liberals were never concerned about the 9 TRILLION in debt amassed by the previous administration 

I'll try to put it in terms a child can understand:

You increase borrowing when times are bad, and decrease borrowing when times are good.  Only a fool borrows recklessly when times are good.

When Obama took office the economy was in free-fall and threatening to enter into a great depression.  That's when borrowing increased.  As the economy got better under Obama the borrowing decreased.

Trump inherited a sound economy, and greatly increased borrowing.  That proves he is a fool.

Archived