Some in Mueller's team see report as more damaging to Trump than Barr summary: New York Times

webfact

27 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I don’t recall you having had a problem when Nunes was ‘leaking’ stuff handed to him by the White House.

I didn't realise the thread was about Nunes, and I don't have a clue about him, what he is and what he did. 

What is your point?

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, jcsmith said:

I suppose he could also be a superhero in his off hours. The likelihood of that being true is next to nil. He's held off releasing them for three years now using false grounds. There is a reason for that and it has nothing to do with winding people up. The fact that he has claimed he's under audit and will release gladly after the audit, and then yet years go by and now is willing to fight to keep them from going public almost certainly means that there is either embarrassing or incriminating (or both) that may come from them being released.

I'll agree that there may be as much embarrassing or incriminating (or both) stuff in his tax returns as there is as much embarrassing or incriminating (or both) stuff in the Mueller report.

52 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Or, he doesn't want to be further exposed as a tax fraud, cheat and liar.... Take your pick...

Never has produced any actual documentation/proof that any of his federal tax returns are actually under IRS audit at the present time.... 

It's pretty obvious to most people, there's a reason he hasn't done that, and that's that he probably has no such proof.  Just Trump lying again.

so you are assuming tax fraud, based on nothing other than your personal bias. well done

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Can  those members be trusted not to leak it? IMO it would be leaked about 1 minute after they got their hands on it. I have no problem with them getting a copy with details that should not be leaked, even if it is more than a public release would be.

I have seen some of those committee members on tv and I wouldn't trust them to walk my dog, if I had one.

Nope they will leak it and most likely publicaly but they will only leak parts most likely. Trump is innocent he’s just hounded by the illiberal liberals who are still sore he got elected.

The MSN appears against him so let’s see how they like it during his second term I think he can win now he has been exonerated by this massive waste of tax dollars in an obviously politically motivated failed investigation.

God bless you President Trump

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

John Lithgow (famous actor) reads his original poetry from his new book about the Barr coverup situation.

Start at minute 2:00.

Just reinforces the left have no solutions so just resort to name calling and poking fun at the democratically elected President Trump.

The guys not even funny?

3 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

Just reinforces the left have no solutions so just resort to name calling and poking fun at the democratically elected President Trump.

The guys not even funny?

Huh, name-calling? Your 'democratically elected president' is the champion in that.

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

Your reply has nothing to do with my post.

Let me make it very clear for you:  If Obama had acted as suspiciously as Trump, you would have been screaming for his head.

The tan suit scandal was bad enough.

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Huh, name-calling? Your 'democratically elected president' is the champion in that.

Yes his campaign is actually selling "pencil-necked" images of Adam Schiff. How low can he go? Always lower, always lower. 

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

He could be refusing to release them to elicit just such a reaction from the haters. I'm sure he enjoys a good wind up. It may be the only pleasure he gets from being POTUS.

In which case, it’s yet another reason to kick him out.... devisive tactics by the countries leader, vs inclusive responsible leadership.

sure... haters are gonna hate. A scorpion is gonna sting.... especially if you keep poking it. Trump should be trying to unify his people’s, not divide them.

32 minutes ago, farcanell said:

In which case, it’s yet another reason to kick him out.... devisive tactics by the countries leader, vs inclusive responsible leadership.

sure... haters are gonna hate. A scorpion is gonna sting.... especially if you keep poking it. Trump should be trying to unify his people’s, not divide them.

"inclusive responsible leadership"

wow, did you get that from your college professor?

is that the kind of leadership that brought us

21 trillion in debt and a massive welfare increase

without one single infrastructure improvement? 

1 hour ago, elmrfudd said:

Sorry.... Are those words too big for you, or are you trying to be insulting?

I suggest you research “cause of national debt” to answer that... and even though it’s off topic, do get back to me with your findings in due course

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Here’s a message American voters understand:

If the Mueller report exonerates Trump, why are Republicans trying to hide it?

"You want the TRUTH???  You can't handle the TRUTH!!!"  :hit-the-fan:

(roughly paraphrasing Jack Nicholson in "A Few Good Men".  :tongue:

Whatever Trump does, he does it for one reason only!  He says that he is going to close the border one day and the next he gives Mexico a year, he refuses to release his taxes "because they are under audit, etc.,etc.  The reason he does that is to keep him the "star" in the current news cycle.  He doesn't care about yesterday or tomorrow or any lies his only care is his image - to him - is the image at that moment.  A characteristic of a true psychopath!

If he and Pelosi ever had an old time pistol duel at 20 paces, Pelosi would be down at 19 with a musket ball in her back, and he would be jumping up and down shouting "I won, I won"!

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Here’s a message American voters understand:

If the Mueller report exonerates Trump, why are Republicans trying to hide it?

Republicans are following the law ,not hiding! Be patient you'll get to see his report soon enough! 

3 hours ago, riclag said:

Republicans are following the law ,not hiding! Be patient you'll get to see his report soon enough! 

I see.  So you anticipate the IRS promptly handing over Trump's tax returns in accordance with the law and without protest from the Republicans?

13 hours ago, heybruce said:

I see.  So you anticipate the IRS promptly handing over Trump's tax returns in accordance with the law and without protest from the Republicans?

didn't realize the thread was about IRS,  Go back to the tax thread ! I'm talking about the Repubs following rules and reg's on the Special Counsel statue or rules Congress uses that were created and modified by Congress in 1999

7 hours ago, ballpoint said:

No doubt, the report will eventually be released, but will be heavily censored.

Original report:

More conspiracy theories in your post  #142

It is amazing hearing these whinging whimpy liberals moan about Barr and being a "lackey" while one of the most biased, aggressive, corrupt lawyers

from the DOJ, Andrew Weissman was second in charge on the Meuller team using his standard heavy handed tactics for years, destroying peoples lives to

get people to give him what he wanted, regardless of it being factual.

This is the same stooge attending Hillary's victory party and one of the most unethical hacks the DOJ has ever employed.

and yet the liberals are still moaning they did not get  their desired result.

this is going to backfire in epic fashion and the results will be awesome to watch the left melt down.

On 4/5/2019 at 5:05 PM, farcanell said:

Sorry.... Are those words too big for you, or are you trying to be insulting?

I suggest you research “cause of national debt” to answer that... and even though it’s off topic, do get back to me with your findings in due course

that is some seriously weak deflection 

that is some seriously weak deflection 

I know... right.... not being bothered to go to the trouble of goggling the in and outs of US government overspending and raiding of superannuation etc etc, coupled with the damage, present and future, of trumps tax cuts for the super wealthy etc etc, my bad.... but.... I do have better things to do than research your assertions, which you insultingly dumped onto my post, which simply states  leaders should unify, not divide

On 4/5/2019 at 3:15 PM, elmrfudd said:

Perhaps you should take some of this chaps advise....

On 4/5/2019 at 2:21 PM, elmrfudd said:

show the probable cause and the info behind it please. 

It is amazing hearing these whinging whimpy liberals moan about Barr and being a "lackey" while one of the most biased, aggressive, corrupt lawyers

from the DOJ, Andrew Weissman was second in charge on the Meuller team using his standard heavy handed tactics for years, destroying peoples lives to

get people to give him what he wanted, regardless of it being factual.

This is the same stooge attending Hillary's victory party and one of the most unethical hacks the DOJ has ever employed.

and yet the liberals are still moaning they did not get  their desired result.

this is going to backfire in epic fashion and the results will be awesome to watch the left melt down.

????.... links in order to.....

On 4/5/2019 at 2:21 PM, elmrfudd said:

show the probable cause and the info behind it please. 

Archived