Savannakhet Non O application

I'm considering changing the date for my extension of stay based on marriage.

My wife often goes to see her sister in Europe, which clashes with my extension date. Moving it back three months would be the most practical (changing from August to November).

I realise the only way to do this would be by applying for a new Non O. Is Savannakhet still the easiest option to do this?

Now I know I'm talking four months ahead here, and am aware things could change in that time.

Do I need to book an appointment online in advance, same as Vientianne? If so, is there a long waiting time?

Could someone post the current requirements for applying for a Non O based on marriage at Savannakhet please?

I take it you can request single or multiple entry, what's the cost?

hi

yes sav is the easiest way but not for long. Because Vientiene embassy started to do some long paper work and need appointment, so all ppl will start to go to sav soon and im sure sav will do the same things very soon.

- wife ID copy

- House book

- Marriage certificate copy and real

- your passport copy

- 5000 baht

- form

thats all

i just did it a month ago. Now there was only a small detail and happened to me first time since 3 years... when i came back to thai imm border, she took my passport and looked for 2 secs and asked me why you dont extend this visa but keep coming and take a new one every year? I told her i dont have 400K in the bank so i cannot, she laughed and said ok. Well it was easy moment but the thing is.. she asked me this time..

Edited by problemfarang

Another option would be to apply for a 60 day extension visit you wife if that would move the extension enough for you. I assume you have not gotten one for the non-o visa entry you have been extension.

Vientiane is still a good option if you plan your trip in advance and make an appointment about 3 weeks before you plan on doing it.

Same paperwork as Savannakhet except you need a copy of you Lao entry stamp.

3 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

hi

yes sav is the easiest way but not for long. Because Vientiene embassy started to do some long paper work and need appointment, so all ppl will start to go to sav soon and im sure sav will do the same things very soon.

- wife ID copy

- House book

- Marriage certificate copy and real

- your passport copy

- 5000 baht

- form

thats all

i just did it a month ago. Now there was only a small detail and happened to me first time since 3 years... when i came back to thai imm border, she took my passport and looked for 2 secs and asked me why you dont extend this visa but keep coming and take a new one every year? I told her i dont have 400K in the bank so i cannot, she laughed and said ok. Well it was easy moment but the thing is.. she asked me this time..

Thanks.

Is the 5,000 Baht for a single or multiple entry?

Can I find the application form online some where, and it is allowed to print it and fill it in prior to going?

Do I need a photo - one/two?

Just now, bluesofa said:

Thanks.

Is the 5,000 Baht for a single or multiple entry?

Can I find the application form online some where, and it is allowed to print it and fill it in prior to going?

Do I need a photo - one/two?

it is 2000 baht for single 5000 multi.

2 photos and yes can found online 

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Another option would be to apply for a 60 day extension visit you wife if that would move the extension enough for you. I assume you have not gotten one for the non-o visa entry you have been extension.

Vientiane is still a good option if you plan your trip in advance and make an appointment about 3 weeks before you plan on doing it.

Same paperwork as Savannakhet except you need a copy of you Lao entry stamp.

UJ, thanks for the advice regarding 'moving' my extension date by 60 days.

That seems like a good idea, except I have made it more awkward myself:

I had a marriage extension for a couple of years, apart from the extension I currently have which is for retirement.

Last year my wife was unavoidably away from home for over a month at the time my extension was due.

I went with her, knowing I wouldn't be able to extend my visa based on marriage without her being there.

Renewed my visa using the retirement method in a different province, as we wouldn't be able to satisfy the home visit and witness requirements for marriage.

When we came back home I moved my address back here using TM28 & TM30.

I think it would be too complicated at the immigration office to change from retirement to marriage, in order to request the 60 day extension first? I bet they'd want me to apply for an annual marriage extension if I change from retirement.

8 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I think it would be too complicated at the immigration office to change from retirement to marriage, in order to request the 60 day extension first?

They should do it without a problem if you explain the reason for doing it.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Thanks for your optimism. Perhaps it is worth a try asking first.

edit: How far in advance can I request it?

Edited by bluesofa

On 4/4/2019 at 5:09 PM, ubonjoe said:

On 4/4/2019 at 5:09 PM, ubonjoe said:
On 4/4/2019 at 5:00 PM, bluesofa said:

I think it would be too complicated at the immigration office to change from retirement to marriage, in order to request the 60 day extension first?

What are the requirements for changing from retirement to requesting an initial 60 day extension based on marriage, (before requesting an annual extension)?

Is it for example, 400K in the bank 60 days before the application, or is different to the annual extension requirement?

42 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

What are the requirements for changing from retirement to requesting an initial 60 day extension based on marriage, (before requesting an annual extension)?

There is no special requirement to apply for the 60 day extension near the end of your current extension.

You wife will need to be with you when you apply.

You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card. Some office will also want a copy of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry.

No financial proof is required for the 60 day extension.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/11/2019 at 2:03 PM, ubonjoe said:
On 4/11/2019 at 1:17 PM, bluesofa said:

There is no special requirement to apply for the 60 day extension near the end of your current extension.

You wife will need to be with you when you apply.

You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card. Some office will also want a copy of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry.

No financial proof is required for the 60 day extension.

Update by the OP:

Today we went to Udon immigration to request the 60-day extension before doing the one-year extension, to effectively move the renewal date forwards two months.

The whole point was so that my wife could visit her sister in Europe in their summer, without having to worry about coming back for my marriage extension.

The IO insisted the was no 60-day extension based on marriage. My wife said later she guessed he might have been lazy, as he (or someone) would then have to still do the one-year after that.

His best suggestion was to apply for one year, but to request the extension only up to June, and do it that way.

We've gone down that route, as it's really only a slight advantage. My wife said she'll go to visit her sister later in the year instead.

Waiting for next month when I go again, see the date given.