Minivan full of Myanmar workers survive after vomiting and passing out

webfact

Minivan full of Myanmar workers survive after vomiting and passing out

3pm.jpg

Caption: They escaped death

An investigation is underway after a dozen Myanmar workers in a minivan started vomiting and passing out.

When rescue workers arrived at the scene on the Asia Highway in Chainat they found 11 people unconscious. A two year old baby was screaming.

They were all revived except an old lady who was taken to hospital but she survived too. 

Driver Prakhiang, 54, and his wife sitting next to him said they were both fine. He said he had been hired to take the workers from Surat top Mae Sot for the Songkran holidays. 

He said there was nothing wrong with his Toyota Commuter van and it was not likely to be a problem with the CNG gas system. 

His wife said that as they traveled along people started passing out. Soon they were all unconscious except the baby. 

Prakhiang surmised it might have been something they ate - they had eaten at four gas station on the way. 

Another theory is that all the possessions of the passengers blocked the air-con vents causing them to lack oxygen. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-04

2 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Wonder who came up with that brilliant theory?

Maybe the same cop who told me that the reason my wife and I slept through a burglary was because the thief probably sprayed sleeping gas in the outside compressor of our ac unit.

2 hours ago, steeltownguy said:

Actually introducing gas via the a/c unit was a very common practice in some of the African countries in which I lived.  Also used in Latin America - sophisticated and very effective.

To read this brings back memories of S.Africa and Nigeria.

2 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Maybe the same cop who told me that the reason my wife and I slept through a burglary was because the thief probably sprayed sleeping gas in the outside compressor of our ac unit.

Actually that is a thing. Back in Hanoi some years ago, the more organized thieves started injecting some sort of gas into the air con tube which sends you into a deeper sleep. You wake up feeling a bit groggy and realise that your phone is not where you thought it was and so starts your worst day. The second thing that happens is that your wife wakes up and accuses you of taking her phone, and so it goes . . . . .

53 minutes ago, NotYourBusiness said:
Signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning may include:
  • Dull headache.
  • Weakness.
  • Dizziness.
  • Nausea or vomiting.
  • Shortness of breath.
  • Confusion.
  • Blurred vision.
  • Loss of consciousness.

I get those symptoms every day after a been bar. 

2 hours ago, Proboscis said:

Actually that is a thing. Back in Hanoi some years ago, the more organized thieves started injecting some sort of gas into the air con tube which sends you into a deeper sleep. You wake up feeling a bit groggy and realise that your phone is not where you thought it was and so starts your worst day. The second thing that happens is that your wife wakes up and accuses you of taking her phone, and so it goes . . . . .

It's an urban myth, there is absolutely no airway between the outside compressor and the indoor fan.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

He said there was nothing wrong with his Toyota Commuter van and it was not likely to be a problem with the CNG gas system.

I think he's being a little economical with the truth, or overly optimistic !

3 minutes ago, oldrunner said:

I was an Air Force Special Agent at Clark AB, Philippines, and it was quite common for burglars to hold a gas soaked rag to the homes A/C intake valve. Victims never heard a sound and were woken late by co-workers.

It fills me with confidence for the future of the free world that USAF cannot even defend its own bases against burglars

Archived