• Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Brings to mind that old terrace chant from youth

"You don't know what you're doing,

You don't know what you're doing,

You don't know what you're doing,

You don't know what you're doing,"

Followed by if I had the wings of a sparrow if I had the arse of a crow????

The removal of all those butts by over zealous butt counters a couple of years ago and subsequent smoking ban has undermined the binding structure of the sand leading to total loss in a shower bring back smoking if the smokers bring a bag of sand ????

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

This is just too funny!! ????

It isn't funny, at all.

It is a huge loss of investment.

The only thing that might help is an artificial sandbank in front of the beach.

Might help......

3 minutes ago, hansnl said:

It isn't funny, at all.

It is a huge loss of investment.

The only thing that might help is an artificial sandbank in front of the beach.

Might help......

this mightLos_Angeles_River_channelized.jpg.4cf64dc1ca28d0258638918740a97a6f.jpg407709815_ScreenShot2019-04-04at13_13_19.png.8d2ff9ce391c31be167daf94502c5592.png

stormwater2-thumb-600x450-87860.jpg.a8d8b0e40cfd5a42e894d4a874cfacfa.jpg

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

This is just too funny!! ????

I can't see what's funny!     It's another 400 million bt just washed away or should that be 'laundered'?    They really have NO clue.     Instead of dealing with the problem i.e. the inadequate drainage first and only THEN put new sand down, they do exactly the opposite!!!!     Quite astonishing and once again showing that they think that by throwing money at a problem, will make it go away!!!!   Unfortunately, thinking just doesn't come into the equation!

"[VII, 34] The men who had been given this assignment made bridges starting from Abydos across to that headland; the Phoenicians one of flaxen cables, and the Egyptians a papyrus one. From Abydos to the opposite shore it is a distance of seven stadia. But no sooner had the strait been bridged than a great storm swept down, breaking and scattering everything. [35] When Xerxes heard of this, he was very angry and commanded that the Hellespont be whipped with three hundred lashes, and a pair of fetters be thrown into the sea. I have even heard that he sent branders with them to brand the Hellespont. He commanded them while they whipped to utter words outlandish and presumptuous, “Bitter water, our master thus punishes you, because you did him wrong though he had done you none. Xerxes the king will pass over you, whether you want it or not; in accordance with justice no one offers you sacrifice, for you are a turbid and briny river.” He commanded that the sea receive these punishments and that the overseers of the bridge over the Hellespont be beheaded."

Herodotus, Histories

Jes' sayin'

~0:37

1 hour ago, johng said:

Sand from Jomtien was the wrong colour ????....

Anyway in the video the official said of course they foresaw this problem and had been worrying about it, but now have 105 million baht to spend  on drainage measures around Pattaya with most focus on beach road...but works would not be completed by this rainy season....

So I suppose that means they'll be digging up the promenade again and to expect even worse scenes when the "proper" rains hit.

How many times have they installed new drainage along Beach Road?    I remember, twice but of course, just another amateur job with big money going into the 'right' pockets and the problem not solved!!!

43 minutes ago, toenail said:

Any of us who have chosen Pattaya as our home could have predicted this. After living in the city, everyone knows about the cement sois funneling volumes & volumes of rain water down to Beach Rd; thus, creating enormous erosion on the beach. This does not take a rocket scientist to figure out ; yet, the so called Thai “engineer” & university professor couldn’t figure this out ahead of time and be “pro-active” ? Next time have some farangs be consultants for your grandiose projects since locals cannot think of the “what-ifs” or take criticism.

Ah!   But why would they want to put an end to this 'cash cow'??    If they did things properly in the first place, they would last and hence, no further repairs - not good for the future income of these idiots!

Archived