Pattaya in crisis: 400 million baht beach washed into the sea

webfact

2 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Unfortunately Thai never want to get advice from outside Thailand or from Farangs in Thailand that may have expertise on erosion and beach repair or any other type projects. No that would be losing face can't do that.

yes some truth to it but if no new beach then no new watch and mercedes!!!!!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, yodsak said:

this mightLos_Angeles_River_channelized.jpg.4cf64dc1ca28d0258638918740a97a6f.jpg407709815_ScreenShot2019-04-04at13_13_19.png.8d2ff9ce391c31be167daf94502c5592.png

stormwater2-thumb-600x450-87860.jpg.a8d8b0e40cfd5a42e894d4a874cfacfa.jpg

Exactly, the recent flood has indicated just how much water was flowing, just widen the channel the water has created, concrete it, hey presto, perfect solution, but as in all Thai construction, their gauranted to stuff it up from the start. 

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"My god! Your house is huge and so beautiful!"

"Yes my husband sells sand to the city of Pattaya."

But now there is less tourists... Less Sand ... But lots of international Poo ... We will spend 150 million grading which country it comes from and we will have media to film the handovers “;0)

2 minutes ago, lumply said:

Can’t understand why there are so many mocking comments about this event and (as usual the Chinese tourists thing). I hope the authority gets this difficult situation sorted soon and that the B400m loss is painlessly recovered from the expat society through taxes.

Why should expats have to pay for someone’s madness if it happened in your own country would you come out with such a silly idea. It’s like Koh Samui 50 + million baht properties with 500 baht roads which have now been covered in tarmac and are already lifting after the floods because there is not enough road drainage. 

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"My god! Your house is huge and so beautiful!"

"Yes my husband sells sand to the city of Pattaya."

And after all... your house will be closer to the sea.

6 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

All Fools Day was on Monday please tell me that this is a joke 400 million baht on sand that is absolutely crazy.

Why do you think the arabs are that rich?

1 hour ago, hellohello123 said:

For people who aren't beach sand experts,

Woukd this happen in first world countries?

Or is it one of those pure bad luck situations ?

The US has proper sewage systems so no it would not happen.

1 hour ago, ebean001 said:

I remember scenes like that in FLorida. Rip-tides. People and sand are lost but normally the sand is taken out to sea off the beach ares.

Pattaya problem is not tidal, it’s a runoff and sewage system problem.  No sea wall or breakers or dumping sand on the beach is going to help until the drainage issue is resolved

This is a lot of money to spend on a beach that leads to raw sewage and a wall of speedboats. How do they expect to see any return? Will they dole out a trillion baht in modernization measures to stop raw sewage from flowing freely into the water, right near the Beer Garden? How about the trash floating in the water?

The beach wasn’t the only issue. Maybe more farang need to be caught having nookie for them to just say screw it and cordon off the whole thing for drunk farang, the only people with beer goggles bad enough to WANT to be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

20 minutes ago, lumply said:

Can’t understand why there are so many mocking comments about this event and (as usual the Chinese tourists thing). I hope the authority gets this difficult situation sorted soon and that the B400m loss is painlessly recovered from the expat society through taxes.

I can help explain, as normal no real thought was put into project

just as plans to remain pm with a fixed election were put in place no thought was put in.

incompetence shines through

what you write about taxes is correct expats probably pay the most taxes, people do grass each other up on the taxes but it is non Thai who are chased over it

4 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

This is just too funny!! ????

Strange what some people find amusing,

I just seen on the news that parts of Nevada have been washed away by floodwaters...that must be really hilarious alltogether?

This was their idea of ''new and improved '' drainage for the beach.!!!!....these gutters were just finished and ran along some of the problem areas,and they wonder why the flood waters washed away the beach , absolutely disgraceful...

P1010236.JPG

P1010246.JPG

Bunch of cowboys nothing is ever fixed properly in Thailand. Recent experiences, watch repair lasted 48 hrs, Cooker repair lasted 4hrs, and IPad repair didn’t last 5 min. Bloody useless.

3 hours ago, kwan said:

pipes.jpg

2 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

I swear I can smell this photo all the way from Canada.

Imagine sitting at the "Beer Garden" (Thats from where this photo was taken) having your dinner....
Do they charge an extra 100 BHT per person for the "fresh sea breeze"?

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"The most distant human-made object is the spacecraft Voyager 1, which – in late February 2018 – is over 13 billion miles (21 billion km) from Earth. Voyager 1 and its twin, Voyager 2, were launched 16 days apart in 1977. Both spacecraft flew by Jupiter and Saturn. Voyager 2 also flew by Uranus and Neptune. Now both Voyagers are heading out of our solar system, into the space between the stars. Voyager 1 officially became the first earthly craft to leave the solar system, crossing the heliopause, in 2012."

https://earthsky.org/space/what-is-the-most-distant-man-made-object-from-earth

Thailand 2019. Which way water flow?

Well at least the Thai officials involved talk from 7th planet 

4 hours ago, kwan said:

He told the media that mother nature was to blame

..... and Mother Nature is a Farang !

Farang = antichrist. Why else is immigration making life painful for us.

3 hours ago, johng said:

Blasphemy !!!... ????

I wonder how much was spent on modelling of the bay to see what effect  tearing down the old pier, building the new "marina" removing the old tress , road widening, massive amounts of new hotels and shopping malls/concrete has had on beach erosion and flooding ?

Is that the marina that the international jet set from around the world were going to moor their multi million dollar launches at. Whilst dangling their feet among the turds

52 minutes ago, harrycallahan said:

Climate change strikes again. At projected rates Soi Bukhao will be beach road by 2030.

According to who Al Gore who said we'd be drowning by now than changed "global warming" to "climate change" when it may just be changing weather?

37 minutes ago, mok199 said:

This was their idea of ''new and improved '' drainage for the beach.!!!!....these gutters were just finished and ran along some of the problem areas,and they wonder why the flood waters washed away the beach , absolutely disgraceful...

P1010236.JPG

P1010246.JPG

Still no umbrellas and deck chairs?

Archived