Philippines 2019 for new expats

21 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Sorry, I meant trikes.

I've been trying to find condos around Fields vicinity, but couldn't really find anything that is comfortably walking distance. Any idea if any exist? Ideally with a pool and a gym, but not 100% necessary. Speaking of gym - I assume they exist - any idea where and prices?

Not entirely sure but I'll probably be back there around June for 2-3 weeks.

Kandi Reality...

• Like 1
  • Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Over the next weeks I will write about Philippines, how it is to live here as a former Thai expat.   With the never ending visa changes in Thailand, I hope this will be helpful now for some

I don't think he started this thread to attract hecklers. There is a bigger world than only Thailand, or indeed Asean.

Visa: After the first 29 days on arrival, go to immigration and apply for 1 months extension. You can apply next day after arrival if you want. 3.120 peso 60$   After first 59 days in c

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Only seems to be Thailand that makes visas, extensions difficult, yes other countries have a bond deposit but in return you can own property, have a lifetime visa or even work....Thailand offers nowt in return except more beurocracy...I've had to visit immigration 5 times this year and we are only in the month of April...what kind of BS is that.

Yes BS big time. Unless your girlfriend is working at Immigration😉

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, swissie said:

Question: Are Bars, Restaurants, Hotels "public places"?
----------------------------------------------

Every inch of the country is 'Public place' and Non - smoking (except private property) unless,

- 'Designated smoking area' 

- Tiny minority of restaurants that got exemption from local city hall.

In Cebu city I only know bar area at TGIF, and designated smoking area on 4th level Ayala center near The Social restaurant.

However the smoking guards stop work at 6pm, so we do smoke on the streets after that time, but look out for police and other officials.

Angeles less strict, according to tourists who been there.

20190407_234954.jpg

Edited by ExpatPH
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, ExpatPH said:

Every inch of the country is 'Public place' and Non - smoking unless,

- 'Designated smoking area' 

- Tiny minority of restaurants that got exemption from local city hall.

In Cebu city I only know bar area at TGIF, and designated smoking area on 4th level Ayala center near The Social restaurant.

However the smoking guards stop work at 6pm, so we do smoke on the streets after that time, but look out for police and other officials.

Angeles less strict, according to tourists who been there.

20190407_234954.jpg

THX. I was afraid of that. It's like a verdict: Few smokers will re-locate to Phil. In my case not even for a Holiday.

Do you think the Smoking-Ban will be lifted if the current "Head of State" takes up smoking again?

1 minute ago, swissie said:

Do you think the Smoking-Ban will be lifted if the current "Head of State" takes up smoking again?

Don't hold your breath.

Not until after next election, and even after that, the political correctness and conservative culture, I would assume that the smoking ban will last forever.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Sorry, I meant trikes.

I've been trying to find condos around Fields vicinity, but couldn't really find anything that is comfortably walking distance. Any idea if any exist? Ideally with a pool and a gym, but not 100% necessary. Speaking of gym - I assume they exist - any idea where and prices?

Not entirely sure but I'll probably be back there around June for 2-3 weeks.

Not many condos around fields.

u better book a hotel for such short period fields is dotted with hotels lots have pools.

On other hand airbnb is very popular if that’s ur thing.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, swissie said:

On a more serious note. As I mentioned before, your Info's concerning Phil are outstanding. You may have noticed that there are other Threads floating around with regard to "Leaving Thailand" and moving somewhere else. (One Thread focusing on South America has drawn a lot of attention). But nobody delivering comprehensive Info's about any of those countries as you did concerning Phil.

- Checking out SA Countries is like playing Detective on the Internet.

Folks, interested in SA would be delighted to have an Info-Source comparable to what you deliver in connection with the Philippines.

I mean it. Well done.

Thank you so much for those nice words of appreciation, swissie.

I also mentioned before to join our local forums, for more opinions than mine.

Colombia, Costa Rica. Dominican republic. Latin America, so many options. Personal safety is a big issue also at those locations. And who knows about hospitals.

Repeat our local forums related to PH.

Livingincebuforums

Philippines-expats

(Philippines-addicts)

Thanks again swissie.