Philippines 2019 for new expats

11 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Can you afford the treatment?

Hospitals are often nice and new but doctors can't diagnose a hookworm infestation in a kid.

Yes, doctors and diagnose are not up to western standard. I visited chemotherapy room, and I was instantly 'back to the 1970s'. For many the lack of western medicine is what frustrates us the most. The huge population and lack of hospitals are very obvious. Bare minimum of staff in hospitals incl doctors, are below par.

Expect 15000 - 25000 peso (288-480$) per 24 hrs admitted to hospital for more serious condition.

Minor conditions with treatment 2000-5000 peso. (38-96$).

• Like 1
  • Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Over the next weeks I will write about Philippines, how it is to live here as a former Thai expat.   With the never ending visa changes in Thailand, I hope this will be helpful now for some

I don't think he started this thread to attract hecklers. There is a bigger world than only Thailand, or indeed Asean.

Visa: After the first 29 days on arrival, go to immigration and apply for 1 months extension. You can apply next day after arrival if you want. 3.120 peso 60$   After first 59 days in c

Posted Images

On 4/4/2019 at 2:04 PM, ExpatPH said:

Visa agents can do all your extensions for you, they charge you 25-30$ for this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression Duterte had outlawed visa agents.

Somethings and or services are terribly more expensive in Phills then Thailand.

Aircon bill and internet bill condo rents and car rental for example.

as i said most expats are logged into Thailand with houses and local partners i doubt they will relocate because a beer can is slightly cheaper in Phills. 

• Like 1