BANGKOK 16 July 2019 01:01
ExpatPH

Philippines 2019 for new expats

Exchange rates:

2000 US$ = 63.000 THB.

2000 US$ = 104.000 PHP.

36 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Rents are similar a poster said he rents condo in Thai for 10,000 bht that means 15,000 Pesos In Phillipines its very well possible to finding such condos both in Cebu and Pattaya but personally i’am always spending more on rents.

If ones monthly budget is for example 2000US$, money still last l o n g e r here in Philippines. Posted earlier stats that said Philippines is 8% cheaper than Thailand. And that is my personal experience as well.

2000US$ doesn't last long for many In Thailand, while here in PH, its easy to spend only 1200-1500US$ and live a similar lifestyle, all included.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ExpatPH said:

First serviced apartment that comes to mind is

Santonis Place Cebu.

Rent starts at 32.000php (620 US$)

I contacted Santonis Place and used Google Map to look at photos of other serviced apartments

in Cebu.  I'm done with 40 sq meter rooms so I inquired about a 70 meter unit.  Rent is $850

a month with heavy deposit requirements / no towels / no safe.  Ditto with the other buildings.

They all looked kind of tired and boxy.  I'm willing to pay 850 but would expect better.

This tends to reinforce my feeling that one of the best things about Thailand is the housing

options available.  All price ranges and levels of service.  I think my brief infatuation with 

Cebu is on life support.  One good thing though is that here in CM there is a Philippine Consulate

and a one year visa is very easy to obtain before entering the country. 

They actually promptly reply to emails!!!!

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing. Interesting for those leaving from CM. How much is one year in advance compared to flexible extensions ( 30 days, 59 days, 6 months etc.)?
Cebu rooms I saw are 600 EUR for a nice condo which is half price in CM 10k THB / 300 EUR.
Visa in TH for me yearly around 1600 EUR , still more expensive in PH overall cause of expensive room, electricity and food.

Sent from my SM-M205FN using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, cerox said:

Thanks for sharing. Interesting for those leaving from CM. How much is one year in advance compared to flexible extensions ( 30 days, 59 days, 6 months etc.)?
Cebu rooms I saw are 600 EUR for a nice condo which is half price in CM 10k THB / 300 EUR.
Visa in TH for me yearly around 1600 EUR , still more expensive in PH overall cause of expensive room, electricity and food.

Air-con rooms near the beach in the Subic area can be had for 300-400peso/night (4-6kpeso/month).

If you can't find places in PI comparable to prices in Thailand, you've got 'mug' written on yer forehead.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Air-con rooms near the beach in the Subic area can be had for 300-400peso/night (4-6kpeso/month).

If you can't find places in PI comparable to prices in Thailand, you've got 'mug' written on yer forehead.

Overstay Road Vloger is staying their now and has a few recent videos of Barretto and walk around.

AIR Quality in Cebu city today 9 am, really bad.

20190524_092640.jpg

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, ExpatPH said:

AIR Quality in Cebu city today 9 am, really bad.

20190524_092640.jpg

Hardly ever below 250 in Chiang Mai.

On 5/24/2019 at 9:17 AM, BritManToo said:

Hardly ever below 250 in Chiang Mai.

Screenshot_2019-06-09-11-10-21-75.png

1 minute ago, Destiny1990 said:

Is the OP still in Bohol?

Maybe the wifi is not so good there?

Connectivity, in general, is not very good + expensive there.....

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Connectivity, in general, is not very good + expensive there.....

Yes but they are working on improving the connection there as we speak.

I have been in Bohol before and very much liked it then but that was 10 years ago.

stunning beaches clean air etc.

Edited by Destiny1990

On 5/16/2019 at 1:24 PM, Destiny1990 said:

From personal experiences i would have to admit that i find Thais slightly more reliable than Phillipinos.

I noticed more lying going on there than here.

If that is even possible..!!🤣

• Haha 1