Philippines 2019 for new expats

ExpatPH

15 minutes ago, ExpatPH said:

Women 'like that' are in all countries, just take a lot of searching and even more good luck to find her. They are in Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and all over the world.

Why I havent married her?

I mention a few times, I have a terminal condition and given 1 year to live, or less.

I understand! Thank you! Everything has a reason, regardless if it's right/wrong.  Besides, I implied marriage a right of passage.  In my opinion it's a term that serves a greater purpose for lawyers and statisticians; you're together and that will not change with documentation, ring, or sin sot.  Good luck, and remember, food is medicine too.  Throw everything at whatever your fighting...

• Thanks 1

I think the murder rate is higher in the PH than other countries in Asia. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

"In 2014, the Philippines has a murder rate of 9.84 per 100,000 people, with a number of 9,784 recorded cases. The country also has the highest rate of murder cases in Southeast Asia in 2013, with a rate of 8.8, followed by Thailand."

Numbers for 2016

Capture.JPG.a2542df138f4779d2199b94c3f3bf293.JPG

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, balo said:

I think the murder rate is higher in the PH than other countries in Asia. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

"In 2014, the Philippines has a murder rate of 9.84 per 100,000 people, with a number of 9,784 recorded cases. The country also has the highest rate of murder cases in Southeast Asia in 2013, with a rate of 8.8, followed by Thailand."

Numbers for 2016

Capture.JPG.a2542df138f4779d2199b94c3f3bf293.JPG

Thailand

http://factsanddetails.com/southeast-asia/Thailand/sub5_8f/entry-3280.html

Costa rica, another popular expat destination,

12.1 per 100.000

https://www.voanews.com/a/costa-rica-record-murder-rate/4190033.html

Latin america, another expat destination,

24 per 100.000

https://www.wsj.com/articles/400-murders-a-day-the-crisis-of-latin-america-1537455390

Colombia, another expat destination,

24.4 per 100.000

http://www.financecolombia.com/colombia-homicide-rate-2016-nations-lowest-since-1974/

Demonican republic, another expat destination,

20 per 100.000

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-dominicanrepublic-crime-idUSBREA2D1VG20140314

Venezuela, another expat destination,

58 per 100.000

http://time.com/4341450/venezuela-state-of-emergency-murder-caracas/

Worldwide ranking list.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/murder-rates-by-country.html

Edited by ExpatPH
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ExpatPH said:

Thailand are unique and offer western quality and frills, that most of us are used to back home.

Philippines and Cambodia doesn't offer western quality same Thailand.

The BEEF/STEAKS in your supermarket photos looked pretty darned good.  I think my beef/steak eating experience there would be a considerable improvement, based on your photos!  Beef in Thailand is mostly either c**p local or very expensive U.S. or Aussie imports (except for Thai-French local beef).

10 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The BEEF/STEAKS in your supermarket photos looked pretty darned good.  I think my beef/steak eating experience there would be a considerable improvement, based on your photos!  Beef in Thailand is mostly either c**p local or very expensive U.S. or Aussie imports (except for Thai-French local beef).

Depends of the Chef ????

Its like going to a restaurant here.

1 restaurant have 9 oz rib-eye on the menu for 1700 peso.

Another restaurant have identical rib-eye for 999 peso.

Guess which is best? The cheapest one.

A Chef can kill a good ribeye.

Edited by ExpatPH
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

600+ baht for a half pound imported rib-eye would be a steal here... very hard and unlikely to find, I think.

Its tender, and I'm a regular guest.

The bad: only 1/2 inch in thickness here.

The good: no gristle so easy to chew.

• Like 2

U.S. top sirloin boneless for the equiv of 525 baht or so per kilo... I'll take that!

683697208_2019-04-0823_28_16.jpg.65567575d703cc1d553148794d64382f.jpg

And this pretty much looks like a frozen ribeye, and nicely marbled and thick cut... But I can't quite make out the local per kilo pricing on that.  Though the price for that particular steak would be about 740b equivalent.

366282735_2019-04-0823_32_46.jpg.a7a973155d46ac837c462766fb869171.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, baansgr said:

You keep citing cheap as the reason.....its not the cost in Thailand that is making people move, its the feeling and treatment towards foreigners that is making people move.

I know a lot of people and not a single one moved because of being unloved, seriously what sort of idiot would do that? You think they are going to Cambodia for free hugs? Leaving because one is running out of money or health issues makes total sense.

Edited by madmen
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ExpatPH said:

Was 'war on drugs' in PH excluded or included in those numbers?

I don't doubt the numbers, local tv report it daily.

In SEA Myanmar ranked with 15,2 per 100.000 Most in SEA.

Don't doubt those figures.  One of the reasons I like living here.  No bullshit at all.  Cops never come out of the station.  Just collect the tax on the ice going to Chiang aRai. 

3 minutes ago, madmen said:

The 5 reasons that people leave Thailand.

1, money 

2, money

3, money

4, money

5.health..broken heart

Whats changed ? put your 800k or 65k in and your sweet. Or are you somehow being targeted by thais? in which case you should look at your own behavior. The rest of us live in peace without any more drama than anywhere else.

Question why do u think that the foreigner retirees in the Philippines at this moment are not debating about wether relocating to Thailand??

(Don't worry i do have 800 k)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, madmen said:

1, money 

2, money

3, money

4, money

5.health..broken heart

Whats changed ? put your 800k or 65k in and your sweet. Or are you somehow being targeted by thais? in which case you should look at your own behavior. The rest of us live in peace without any more drama than anywhere else.

How exactly u think i can stay in Thailand while being under 50 years?

Elite i dont want as i dont plan 20 years ahead.

why i cant simply pay 25 k for a year visa with unlimited coming and goings? 

what the whole problem?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Which countries welcome penniless retirees? Get real that is what this thread is all about.  People who can longer fund their stay in Thailand.  It's not about retirees choosing to move.... It's s about having to move. 

Than don’t go to Phills because it ain’t cheaper there..

55 minutes ago, madmen said:

1, money 

2, money

3, money

4, money

5.health..broken heart

Yep and the rest is just noise. 

• Like 2