I have a specific question about the TM30 registration - can it be done online if I live in a house? I am following the link from the Immigration website and reading all the information here:-

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/#

Now, its headline is it only for businesses, but I dug a little deeper and it would appear that you can register a house or apartment (click down on the first box when you go to 'Register').

It would appear that this is now a service open to all homeowners to register their properties and thus complete this online. Has anyone tried/achieved this?

On 4/4/2019 at 6:19 PM, pagallim said:

My wife did this for our house in Phuket recently, having gone into Phuket immigration and completed the application forms.   A couple of days later she was emailed her log on/password details.    Apart from the occasional notification for myself if I'm away, we do occasionally get friends staying with us, so very handy.

looks pretty straightforward apart from the address details need to be entered in Thai to use the drop down menus - but no big deal really. During the registration process, one of the fields you have to complete is "Accommodation Name" what did your wife enter in that field? Seems like its looking for a hotel/resort name... not sure what to enter for a private residence.

All advice welcome.

On 4/4/2019 at 6:13 PM, ubonjoe said:

Some immigration offices will issue a login and password for the site after completing the online registration.

PHUKET I went and signed up as an individual online, got an email to confirm my email address, did so and got approved, 3 days later ( by email) got the login and password

???? 

one of the fields you have to complete is "Accommodation Name"

I put  "home"

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

looks pretty straightforward apart from the address details need to be entered in Thai to use the drop down menus - but no big deal really. During the registration process, one of the fields you have to complete is "Accommodation Name" what did your wife enter in that field? Seems like its looking for a hotel/resort name... not sure what to enter for a private residence.

All advice welcome.

That was perhaps the most significant challenge.   When my wife registered, there was the supposition on the part of the IO's that she was running a business.   Took a while though was accepted, that it was merely to register friends who were staying with us.   The good thing is that it works for me also, as although we don't holiday as such, sometimes I do cycling trips/events and go away for one or two nights.  M'Sahib can log me in when required.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Are we able to make such a report, bearing in mind that Farang are not supposed to own a house?

You mean them trying to "have it both ways"?  So, we cannot own a house, so we are not responsible for TM-30s.  But we are responsible for TM-30s (cannot get anything done without them).   Foreigners can own condos.

Which Immigration offices will accept?

Best to open a spreadsheet and input all immigration offices into the first column.  Label the second column "yes/no" and third "conditions."  Then, watch this forum and begin updating the 2nd and 3rd columns - changing as required as the offices change their minds, especially on the 3rd column.

In other words, like many other policies - it varies by office.  The best you can do is hope someone here can report with recent experience at the office you use.

Are we able to make such a report, bearing in mind that Farang are not supposed to own a house?

Which Immigration offices will accept?

There is no issue with a foreigner owning a house.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nasa123 said:

The problem is that you cannot print out a receipt and put in the passport, and with the problems that follow.

You are exactly right. This whole issue of TM 30 is causing lots of residual problems and issues. For example, yesterday I went to do a 5 year drivers license renewal, and had read reports that even with a work permit you are now required to show proof of residence. Sure enough so went to immigration to do that. While there, they required first that your TM 30 be  in order and fined me several days for not having immediately (within 24 hours) made the TM30 upon my last entrance to Thailand recently, so paid the fine, and got the printed TM30 receipt in my passport, and also then got the proof of residency for the drivers license. So, many things are now tied to this damn TM 30, and it forces you to comply or face fines and being unable to do other things.

Further, in chatting with the lady doing this at immigration, she said they will be cracking down on this hard at airports now, so expect to be fined on the spot there from now on if not in compliance. Honestly I had never done a TM30 previously thinking I was immune due to work permit etc., and that is all changed. Everyone must do it. Not only that, you must do it at the immigration office where you are officially registered, and within 24 hours of arrival in country. So, I can't imagine how people who live in far away provinces are going to get this done in time. Totally nuts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

Further, in chatting with the lady doing this at immigration, she said they will be cracking down on this hard at airports now, so expect to be fined on the spot there from now on if not in compliance.

As in, people who own condo's will be cracked down right.. as the law stated? Not just people living in said condo's

Just now, Yeahbutwhytho said:

As in, people who own condo's will be cracked down right.. as the law stated? Not just people living in said condo's

Yes, people who own Condos, but in my case, I live in my own house, which my wife owns, and if my wife hasn't done the report, this affects my ability to do things not being in compliance. So, this does create lots of potential problems whether you own your own condo, or live with someone who officially owns your dwelling. The onus is on the homeowner, but it affects you too.

I "applied" on line last week.

I live in BKK (so have retirement extension at CW), own my own condo and am doing it purely to register myself living in my own condo.

The form is quite simple and I got a request to confirm my email address almost immediately.

The status of my request is now "pending".

Hopefully it will be approved soon.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

It is within 24 hours of arrival at your residence not the your entry to country.

That's not what the immigration officer told me yesterday. She said it is based on the date of entry to Bangkok at the airport, 24 hours. In my case this gets very complicated, because I also have a residence in Bangkok and one in another province, so technically I am supposed to report to my provincial immigration office within 24 hours of arriving in Bangkok, but often I stay in Bangkok only. Very confusing.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

That's not what the immigration officer told me yesterday. She said it is based on the date of entry to Bangkok at the airport, 24 hours.

That is not correct. This is what the immigration act states.

"Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager
where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the
competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or
hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned."

If it was within arrival in the country hotels would be fined every time you checked in if you were traveling within the country.

25 minutes ago, MichaelJohn said:

I "applied" on line last week.

I live in BKK (so have retirement extension at CW), own my own condo and am doing it purely to register myself living in my own condo.

The form is quite simple and I got a request to confirm my email address almost immediately.

The status of my request is now "pending".

Hopefully it will be approved soon.

are you sure you did the TM30 online and not the 90 day report?

if i do tm30 online i never get the status "pending" ...

the tm30 online website has changed the last few months, i think

they continuously try to improve the website ...

Edited by motdaeng

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct. This is what the immigration act states.

"Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager
where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the
competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or
hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned."

If it was within arrival in the country hotels would be fined every time you checked in if you were traveling within the country.

Thank you for that. I will cite that section when I meet that young lady again. Obviously, she is wrong as you stated. She fined us 800 Baht too, counting from my arrival at BKK on 31 March returning from a trip abroad.

1 hour ago, nasa123 said:

The problem is that you cannot print out a receipt and put in the your passport, and with all that problems that follow.

i just put this print out as a receipt in my passport ...

it confirms i did the tm30 / 24h report ...

012.png

Edited by motdaeng

49 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

i just put this print out as a receipt in my passport ...

it confirms i did the tm30 / 24h report ...

012.png

This show nothing, no stamp and sign from IO. And every body can do that on Internett. 

4 minutes ago, nasa123 said:

This show nothing, no stamp and sign from IO. And every body can do that on Internett. 

That is enough to prove it was done online. Immigration can check the database for them to confirm it was done.

• Like 1

It is within 24 hours of arrival at your residence not the your entry to country.

I frequently make overland trips from CM to KL. On my return, I stay in resorts along the way but as my gf does all the check ins, the resorts do not register me as they won’t even have my pp details. So it would be a good 2-3 days before I arrive back to CM.

Thus far, I haven’t had any problems with CM immigration.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, nasa123 said:

Not in Phuket, only this 

I am not sure about that.

What would happen if you were staying at a residence that did the reports online? Immigration can check that it was done.

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am not sure about that.

What would happen if you were staying at a residence that did the reports online? Immigration can check that it was done.

Then you get a BIG BIG fine ???? if you have to do something inside Phuket Immigration. 

I live in a small private house in Phuket.
The owner is Thai.
In the name of Thai house owner, we could get ID of online TM-30.

"Accommodation Name" was something like
   Phuket ..... residence
 or
   Phuket ..... home
 or
   Villa ..... Phuket
in Thai language, the name of that housing area.
(Sorry, I do not want to up my real address)

Print out of online TM-30 report was accepted by
Phuket immigration officer in the room 103 at retirement extension.
That print out has no stamp or signature, but accepted without any problem.

If Thai owner allows me to use ID and password,
it goes so smoothly.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 11:11 AM, motdaeng said:

are you sure you did the TM30 online and not the 90 day report?

if i do tm30 online i never get the status "pending" ...

the tm30 online website has changed the last few months, i think

they continuously try to improve the website ...

The Pending relates to my application for a username and password; not the status of my TM30

• Like 1