2 hours ago, chessman said:

Really? That's tough.

From CW?

When my partner applied for the user name and PW (3 weeks ago), after we had completed most of the form - some red writing appeared at the bottom of the page that said what documents we needed to attach (in Thai language). It only mentioned ID card and House book pages. Do you remember if you had these instructions appear? Did it mention house purchase document?

Judging from the reports of other people - it's taking 4 or 5 week to get the user name and password from CW so I guess I'll find out in the next 2 weeks or so if our application was successful.

Samut Prakan, sent an email asking for purchase document also, all in Thai so I only just got it translated

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, berybert said:

Marvellous. Just need to wait for her now. Nothing is ever easy ????

Not sure what you would be waiting for, copy of blue book maybe. Other than that, as possessor its all your details.

Just now, Tanoshi said:

If your Japanese landlady is the owner, she will have a Blue Tabien Baan, but she wont be named in it.

And do I recall you saying if she doesn't have a copy the juristic person/office will have a copy ?

1 minute ago, berybert said:

And do I recall you saying if she doesn't have a copy the juristic person/office will have a copy ?

I never said that, but if your in a Condo, then the juristic person/office may have a copy.

What document did you use to register your address at Immigration?

How do you ever file a TM30 if you have no copies of the landlords ID and proof of address.?

I have to ask a dumb question and I'll apologize now because I'm sure it will piss somebody off. The question is simply, What is a TM30? I've been here a very long time and have no idea. Thanks in advance for a brief explanation. BTW, I did look up the website and looked at the forms but still have no idea.

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

I never said that, but if your in a Condo, then the juristic person/office may have a copy.

What document did you use to register your address at Immigration?

How do you ever file a TM30 if you have no copies of the landlords ID and proof of address.?

I have never registered myself before nor has my landlady. She has someone going to do it today.

I Will be going to Surat thani for 2 days and then need to do my yearly extension and also a TM 30 when I get back, I was hoping I could sort out doing it online before going to CW and save myself a coupe of hours queuing up. 

Could end up being fun !!

11 minutes ago, paulbrow said:

I have to ask a dumb question and I'll apologize now because I'm sure it will piss somebody off. The question is simply, What is a TM30? I've been here a very long time and have no idea. Thanks in advance for a brief explanation. BTW, I did look up the website and looked at the forms but still have no idea.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned.

The form used to make this report is a TM30.

Previously this law was rarely enforced, but increasingly over the last few years, IO's have started enforcing this requirement. The latest being Chang Wattana.

Edited by Tanoshi

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

A TM30 is an Immigration form for a housemaster, owner or possessor of a property to report a foreigner staying there, (Within 24 hours of arrival). 

Thanks a bunch... now I know and understand why I didn't know.

2 minutes ago, berybert said:

I have never registered myself before nor has my landlady. She has someone going to do it today.

I Will be going to Surat thani for 2 days and then need to do my yearly extension and also a TM 30 when I get back, I was hoping I could sort out doing it online before going to CW and save myself a coupe of hours queuing up. 

Could end up being fun !!

As a matter of curiosity, what do you submit as proof of address for your extension.

I registered beginning of April and it took 5 days to get my log in details.

I registered on behalf of a friend beginning of May and it took 5 weeks for the log in details.

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

As a matter of curiosity, what do you submit as proof of address for your extension.

I registered beginning of April and it took 5 days to get my log in details.

I registered on behalf of a friend beginning of May and it took 5 weeks for the log in details.

My last extension I took a copy of my rental contract which has the address on it plus passport ext. 

I also took a printed out map.

No questions were asked and it was all pretty simple.

14 minutes ago, berybert said:

My last extension I took a copy of my rental contract which has the address on it plus passport ext. 

I also took a printed out map.

No questions were asked and it was all pretty simple.

Attach a copy of your passport and your rental agreement for the online registration, that may be sufficient.

Long term, I'd still seek a copy of the Blue book and her ID. (signed copies).

Just now, Tanoshi said:

Attach a copy of your passport and your rental agreement for the online registration, that may be sufficient.

Long term, I'd still seek a copy of the Blue book and her ID. (signed copies).

Just found out she is not my landlady, It's her husband who is Thai who is the owner. 

Does that change the documents needed. 

She has sent me his ID card copy and a couple of other documents, just waiting for her to let me know what they are.

22 minutes ago, berybert said:

Just found out she is not my landlady, It's her husband who is Thai who is the owner. 

Does that change the documents needed. 

She has sent me his ID card copy and a couple of other documents, just waiting for her to let me know what they are.

Even better.

Signed copies of his Tabien Baan and ID card.

32 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Even better.

Signed copies of his Tabien Baan and ID card.

Is the Tabien the house registration card ? or title deed ?

Think I've got it. She sent me a page with 2 rectangular photo copies on it which she said is the Tabien baan. 

Phewwww.

Edited by berybert

3 hours ago, berybert said:

Is the Tabien the house registration card ? or title deed ?

Think I've got it. She sent me a page with 2 rectangular photo copies on it which she said is the Tabien baan. 

Phewwww.

It's the house registration book.

The address in on the first page.

The second page will list the owner.

The Thai ID card will have a face photo of the owner.

26 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

The documents have to be no more than 1meg in size or it will not work. I just did it all gain and the message said registration successful, check your email. That was hours ago, nothing as yet!

I read that as 1meg per file.

You can add more files.

Capture.PNG.e1fe17da92833dae3f9091a9aef60be8.PNG

Quick question, I did mine a little while ago and it said the registration was successful. As with the person 

above I have yet to hear anything back. 

Do I recall reading somewhere that you can only register online during working hours ? or is it now at anytime ?

Thanks.

22 hours ago, berybert said:

Do I recall reading somewhere that you can only register online during working hours ? or is it now at anytime ?

You can register/enroll anytime, your application may only be reviewed/approved during working hours of course. Once approved you can also use the system anytime.

Help with registration/usage may only be available during working hours.

Sometimes (infrequently) the system is unavailable (503/404). Easy to imagine it will collapse at some point as it was probably designed for hotels (few registrants, many reports) and now it is being asked to handle many registrants, few reports.

Edited by mtls2005

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

You can register/enroll anytime, your application may only be reviewed/approved during working hours of course. Once approved you can also use the system anytime.

Help with registration/usage may only be available during working hours.

Sometimes (infrequently) the system is unavailable (503/404). Easy to imagine it will collapse at some point as it was probably designed for hotels (few registrants, many reports) and now it is being asked to handle many registrants, few reports.

I got approved at 5am this morning so it can be done outside of office hours.

Now it's a question of waiting for a username and password. 

10 hours ago, berybert said:

I got approved at 5am this morning so it can be done outside of office hours.

Yes, the initial response to an application is part of the enrollment process, and so is automated. I think it simply means that your application has been "received". You really haven't been "approved" to use the system yet.

10 hours ago, berybert said:

Now it's a question of waiting for a username and password. 

This is the part that seems to require manual review and approval, which one presumes happens during working hours. Yes, the final approval email, with a username and first-time password might arrive in your inbox outside of working hours.

44 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Our first application appears again on the website awaiting approval since May 14th, how long can it take to email people a user name and password?

Seems like many variables, seen reports of two hours, two days, two weeks, six weeks. In one case I've worked on personally, May 4 apply, June 6 approve.

I think the responsible Imm. office, and perhaps even the district police overseeing the "Address", need to review and approve the application to use this system.

That said, registration by agents acting on behalf of, and reporting, foreign individuals will no doubt render the whole system corrupt and ineffectual.

On 4/6/2019 at 9:42 AM, jacko45k said:

There is no issue with a foreigner owning a house.

A foreigner cannot own a house as I have found to my cost.  The Company route means the asset (house) is always 51% Thai owned.  My unscrupulous Audit company (when I signed 46 documents for annual tax purposes all in Thai) had me awarding my wife far more shares than I wanted which together with the other minority share holding resulted in me losing a 4 million house for 1.2 million AFTER lawyers fees/court costs etc.  Thailand's property laws are a racist, medieval scam aided and abetted by a cartel of house agents; audit companies; lawyers; even courts.  My (soon-to-be) ex declared 'No court will find in favour of a farang.  This is Thailand.'

I am a sadder wiser man; my farang children's inheritance is severely depleted.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

i did 3 properties 2 in chiang mai 2 weeks ago first i did 1 property got the email within 24 hours and password and login another 24 hours later, did than the 2nd property in chiang mai same time and 1 in koh phangan got both emails within 8 hours. i uploaded pass, yellow tabian ban and chanote front and back side.