How do you fill it in? i can see enter check in from and check out date from, for hotels. What about if you are not checking out do you just put the date you arrived and the date your extension ends as check out date?

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

A foreigner cannot own a house as I have found to my cost.  The Company route means the asset (house) is always 51% Thai owned.  My unscrupulous Audit company (when I signed 46 documents for annual tax purposes all in Thai) had me awarding my wife far more shares than I wanted which together with the other minority share holding resulted in me losing a 4 million house for 1.2 million AFTER lawyers fees/court costs etc.  Thailand's property laws are a racist, medieval scam aided and abetted by a cartel of house agents; audit companies; lawyers; even courts.  My (soon-to-be) ex declared 'No court will find in favour of a farang.  This is Thailand.'

I am a sadder wiser man; my farang children's inheritance is severely depleted.

You presumably mean the land. The idea of using a company ownership is to protect yourself and many would argue that making your wife a shareholder is counter productive. 

I will not deny it is a minefield of corruption, but I am not a fan of a lease either. I too have heard horror stories. IE of a friend with a palatial 12 mil property trying to sell and wind up the company, ending up with 4 mil! I can only take solace in the fact I have had the place for 10+ years now, far far better than living in a condo, and have nearly got my money's worth out of it. 

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

How do you fill it in? i can see enter check in from and check out date from, for hotels. What about if you are not checking out do you just put the date you arrived and the date your extension ends as check out date?

Put 'None' or 'Unknown'.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

A foreigner cannot own a house as I have found to my cost.  The Company route means the asset (house) is always 51% Thai owned.  My unscrupulous Audit company (when I signed 46 documents for annual tax purposes all in Thai) had me awarding my wife far more shares than I wanted which together with the other minority share holding resulted in me losing a 4 million house for 1.2 million AFTER lawyers fees/court costs etc.  Thailand's property laws are a racist, medieval scam aided and abetted by a cartel of house agents; audit companies; lawyers; even courts.  My (soon-to-be) ex declared 'No court will find in favour of a farang.  This is Thailand.'

I am a sadder wiser man; my farang children's inheritance is severely depleted.

This is rubbish, you simply got scammed.

You can own a house perfectly fine in your own name outside of a companies balance sheet.

Superficies, Usufructs, Leases etc can all be done additionally to the company stuff...

Also auditing companies don't award shares at all ... nothing todo with their job. Go to a real one a la KPMG, Mazars, Deloitte...

Edited by ThomasThBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I havent been to Thailand for about 6 years so I am reading through the forum to try and get upto date on the changes regarding visa's and regulations. I am a genuine tourist and my next trip I will travelling around alot and not spending more than a few weeks in 1 place. Will the hotels fill out the TM30 when I arrive and does that mean I have nothing to worry about concerning the TM30. I did read through the forum to try and find the information but couldnt find it.

17 minutes ago, returningtolos19 said:

Will the hotels fill out the TM30 when I arrive and does that mean I have nothing to worry about concerning the TM30.

Hotels are required to do the TM30 form. You should not need to worry about the reporting.

If you need to do something at immigration be prepared to show a receipt for the hotel.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Hotels are required to do the TM30 form. You should not need to worry about the reporting.

If you need to do something at immigration be prepared to show a receipt for the hotel.

Ok Thanks. I might be staying with friends for a few days to a week in there house in Chang mai, not confirmed yet. Would it then become my responsibility to get the TM30 conmpleted. I will be applying for 1 month extensions on my 60 day tourist visa's so don't want to run into problems at the immigration offices. 

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Aren't you responsible for paying the fine if the hotel does not do it?  I was the possessor of the hotel room same as I was the possessor of the apartment or condo or ........ 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, returningtolos19 said:

Ok Thanks. I might be staying with friends for a few days to a week in there house in Chang mai, not confirmed yet. Would it then become my responsibility to get the TM30 conmpleted. I will be applying for 1 month extensions on my 60 day tourist visa's so don't want to run into problems at the immigration offices. 

You friends should do the TM30 report. No need for them to do it unless you are going to apply for the extension while in Chiang Mai.

4 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Aren't you responsible for paying the fine if the hotel does not do it?  I was the possessor of the hotel room same as I was the possessor of the apartment or condo or ........ 

Many immigration offices will not push an individual to do the report if they have proof they stayed in hotel. Some have even contacted the hotel about the report to push them to do it. Immigration can put pressure on hotels and etc since they can be fined up to 10k baht for not doing it.

On 4/5/2019 at 10:00 PM, DaRoadrunner said:

Are we able to make such a report, bearing in mind that Farang are not supposed to own a house?

Which Immigration offices will accept?

Foreigners can own a house, just not the land it sits on.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You friends should do the TM30 report. No need for them to do it unless you are going to apply for the extension while in Chiang Mai.

Sorry for all the questions but don't want to make any mistakes. Say for example i applied for the visa extension in phuket after i had been to chang mai and i had a gap of 2 weeks were i had no TM30 entries while i was staying in chang mai, would this be okay, 

7 pages on this thread alone. Plus several other threads, yet still no clarity. Talk about Monty python. Experts stating (depends which office you use). Mind you that applies to every aspect of dealing with Thai immigration. How many posts referring to complexity of online registration. How to register. The list goes on and on and not just about TM30. 

I fly out of los every other week and trips within los pretty much every week. How would one attend CW after every return. Many people talk about "the hotel owner/manager or whatever. Yeah that's fine for people that live in hotels. I like many live in condo where everyone has a lease. There is no reception desk like a hotel. Last weekend I spent in Saigon. The staff here would not even know I went and returned. Just so many ridiculous nonsensical requirements. And yes save me ...if you don't like it leave

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 11:04 PM, fertilizer said:

ID/passport and housebook are needed when you register to be accepted to use online TM30 reporting so guess not needed when you make a TM30 online report. Done this registration myself and got username and password by email within 24 hours. 

Does that mean I can use my own yellow house book and pink Thai ID?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, returningtolos19 said:

Sorry for all the questions but don't want to make any mistakes. Say for example i applied for the visa extension in phuket after i had been to chang mai and i had a gap of 2 weeks were i had no TM30 entries while i was staying in chang mai, would this be okay, 

As long as the hotel in Phuket have filed a TM30, they won't check or ask.

16 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

This is rubbish, you simply got scammed.

Of course I did.  The agent told me it was OK to form a company; the Audit company got me to sign off on new share holdings (at my wife's suggestion); the judge agreed I had sign a paper awarding my wife 50%; the lawyers took over 300,000 in fees.

I repeat Thai property owning laws are racist and feudal.

Thank you for your concern.  When you are on the ground I promise not to kick you.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jacko45k said:

have nearly got my money's worth out of it. 

Thank you for your sensitivity.  I too have lived in my house for eleven years rent free and bought it when the UKP was at 73 baht.  The financial loss is not catastrophic; it's the loss of faith/trust/self-esteem that hurts which these racist laws promulgate.

• Thanks 1

If you divorced in the UK the wife would have got at least 50%, more if children were involved.

Why should it be any different in Thailand.

I understand your loss of faith/trust/self esteem, but the essential cause of that is the breakdown of a marriage.

A mate of mine who divorced, hasn't been forced to sell or move, but if he does his ex is only entitled to 50% of the land value, so I guess it depends on the circumstances.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

If you divorced in the UK the wife would have got at least 50%, more if children were involved.

Why should it be any different in Thailand.

I understand your loss of faith/trust/self esteem, but the essential cause of that is the breakdown of a marriage.

A mate of mine who divorced, hasn't been forced to sell or move, but if he does his ex is only entitled to 50% of the land value, so I guess it depends on the circumstances.

Yes it totally does, if you are married your and your wifes shares count as one and are split 50/50 (if company is setup after marriage of course). 

Op i am not talking down on you, i am simply explaining if someone here wants to own a house it's possible.

It needs a registered superficies on the chanote title and can be done for lifetime, same as a usufruct. It cannot be done between wife and husband however, as marital contracts can be nullified at any point if they don't damage a third party.

I am not pointing this out to kick u on the floor, i do it to prevent others from believing bullshit a thai lawyer and auditor might tell them, that's the purpose of this forum imo.

So:

1) dont marry

2) Don't listen to <deleted> nowhere lawyers

3) read up urself on everything and how to structure that, then use an international law firm, one with reputation, tons of these in bangkok

4) Do proper due diligence

5) Think again and if you still want to do it, at least do it by the book and you are reasonably protected as long as  you keep ur partner out of all this.

• Like 2

I'm trying to report online now and am stumped by the "Visa type" box which has a menu all in Thai and non of which seems to say non-O. (I'm on an extension of stay with original visa a 3 month non-O). Which box do I select?

Also cannot locate Don Muang airport on the list (again, only in Thai) of port of entry. is it the second choice (which seems to translate as "TAO"??

And what do peopel put as "check out date" for themselves retruning home????

8 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

non o surely?

I know it is non-O but I am trying to figure out which of a list of things on a menu in Thai that would be. There is nothing in the menu that says "Non-O", and you can't write in on this field, have to select from menu.

I am guessing but not sure that it is type 03 which translates as "Temporary people (NON-90)".

really need confirmation from someone who has used this website.

Ditto the port of entry. I have no idea what Don Muang airport would be listed as "T.A.O." but that is what appears below the Suvannabhumi option and noweher do I see Don Muang.

Assuming you're on a 1-year extension of stay I think the proper visa category would be "04" คนอยู่ชั่วคราว 1 ปี (NON-1 YEAR)

And Suvarnabhumi would be "S07", while DMK might be "S08"? At least those are the arrival port of entry codes (00S07, and 00S08) I picked off the Excel spreadsheet, which can be downloaded on the main web-page, completed and then uploaded if so desired.

Still looking to understand the checkout date? Current ext stay expiry? Some planned departure? Leave blank?

Hey guys,

just sitting in front of the computer doing the TM30 report first time...

I returned to Thailand yesterday afternoon, so the date of arrival is obviously 14/06/2019. Now, I am on a non-immigrant B visa (1 year) with a normal work permit, if I select “04” from the visa type field then the expire date of stay is calculated as 12/06/2019. My visa actually expires on 04/07/2019, so I guess I simply overwrite the expiry date calculated by the system with the actual expiry date?

many thanks for your advise.

Have been trying now for about 3-4 hours of sheer frustration.

I entered visa type 03 since that is what seems to correspond to my visa type but could well be correct that 04 is what is meant for those on extension of stay.

I entered 08 as port of entry since consensus seems to be that this must be it, though far from clear.

I typed  in "self" under relation.

I tried in vain to enter "none" for date of check out, it gave me error messages saying it had to be a date, then tries 00/00/0000, it wouldn't accept that either, finally gave up and types in the date I next expect to leave the country.

Then I tried to save the data and got error message that

"Import data in sequence 1 is incorrect".

Which for the life of me I could not figure out.

I was doing all this in Chrome.

Since I could not figure out the error I closed it and switched to Safari with User agent I.E. 11 (as I don't have Explorer on my computer).  Repeated the exact same thing and this time no error message.

Then I made the mistake of clicking oin the "save" icon not realizing that would make all the date disappear, I though there would still be something on the screen, maybe some sort of message that data had been saved or entered.

Can anyone confirm that clicking on the "save" icon on the upper right corner actually submits the data? (i.e. have I just filed a TM30?) There does nto seem to be any way to check.

One wonders what on earth hotels do as they would not have some of the information asked for (visa type, port of entry etc) ??

DFphuket. Thanks for your helpful detailed post....

Should it be that hard. I mean for every I computer savy member there are a zillion not at that level. Why would not Thai imm make a very simple registration process to include tm30, 90 day report, etc etc.

Let's face it won't happen. 

Compliance needs to be made easy.