9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Should it be that hard.

No, but this system was designed for hotels, so a few registered users, inputting thousands of records, mostly using the Excel upload linked via macros to the front-house reg. system. Now individuals are being forced to use it, still admittedly a small fraction of the ~ 38 million tourists registered at least once each year.

The registration approval process is kludgy too, while the 90-day report system does not require this (yes, the TM47 mobile app has a cursory registration process).

Making it too easy - self-reporting, open registration - would be a bit self-defeating? This law was really meant for Thais to report foreigners, and it's just us few (renters, condo owners, house) who require self-reporting. And if too easy, then prone to corruption and inaccuracy, making it hard for the police to find the "bad" needle in the "haystack".

I plan to try the Excel upload option, have completed my simple record, just waiting for my return to plop in the TM6 number. But do greatly appreciate DFPhuket's detailed instructions in case I have to revert to the "standard" record entry.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

I had my account registration approved this week and with the hint of "use Safari" I was able to finally get my registration to go through. I tried multiple times and ways with Chrome and I always got the "Import data in sequence 1 is incorrect"; with Safari it was accepted. I only filled out the required sections (in red) and left everything else (e.g., visa type, port of arrival, etc. blank). After clicking save, I did not get the usual error message. I then went back to the first screen you see after logging in and clicked the "Search TM.30", searched for entries today, and my name/details appeared. 

Here's what worked for me:

1. Get yourself registered. I own my own condo and uploaded my official looking ownership documents and passport. The final approval came within a day. I did all of that in Chrome.
  2. Upon receiving my login/password I had to change the password.
  3. Use Safari and Login
  4. Click the folder icon to display "Notification TM.30", click it and a new window will open.
  5. Enter data for all of the red fields: TM6, passport, name, nationality, gender and birthdate. I left the other fields blank. Click the blue enter button at the bottom.
  6. The data appears in the table below. Click the box to the left to select the line and at the top click the button that looks like an old floppy disk. Hope you get no error message.
  7. Close the window and on the original screen click the folder to show "Search TM.30". If it worked, you should find your details listed there.
  8. I will print this screen and put it in my passport.  

Thanks for this. I think my mistake was trying to enter all fields. That and using Chrome which I did because it specifically says only IE 8-11 or Chrome.

When you used Safari did you use the IE adaption?

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Thanks for this. I think my mistake was trying to enter all fields. That and using Chrome which I did because it specifically says only IE 8-11 or Chrome.

When you used Safari did you use the IE adaption?

Sheryl - I just opened Safari on my MacBook as normal. Safari doesn't do automatic translation to English but since I'd tried the Chrome version so many times I knew what the fields and icons were. It was your hint to try a Safari browser that was the key for me. 

Anyone have any clue or advice in the case that a condo unit owner (landlord) will not/does not comply with his TM 30 requirement to report to Immigration. What will suffice as evidence that I have notified him upon return from any other place that has reported my stay away from my principle residence ? 
(Example; Will a Line/whatsapp message be enough proof?) 

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue ~

Ugots2Believe good question. I have a landlord that apparently is not interested in complying and I am under a lease with about 9 months to go before it expires. What options do I have re TM 30 reporting? Can I self-report to immigration without the landlord? I too thought that a line message would create a "record" that you reported. Any help would truly be appreciated.

Edited by blackcab
Font normalised

55 minutes ago, Ugots2Believe said:

Anyone have any clue or advice in the case that a condo unit owner (landlord) will not/does not comply with his TM 30 requirement to report to Immigration. What will suffice as evidence that I have notified him upon return from any other place that has reported my stay away from my principle residence ? 

It is not solely his responsibility to submit a TM30.

You can submit it yourself as the 'tenant' or 'possessor' of the Condo.

You can register online for filing now.

On 6/19/2019 at 11:30 AM, Pluto56 said:

Can I self-report to immigration without the landlord?

Yes.

On 6/19/2019 at 11:30 AM, Pluto56 said:

I too thought that a line message would create a "record" that you reported.

In person, by post, or online using form TM30.

A line message is not sufficient or acceptable.

A colleague (who speaks fluent Thai) was at CW yesterday. She asked the io about the online registration and how long it was taking at the current time. The io said the online system was not working. I presume by that he meant the system for registering people was not working. He might just mean that it is severely backlogged but there's a chance the problem is worse than that. I also presume there have been multiple thousands of extra online applications at CW in May and this has put a huge strain on the system.

I applied on May 22nd and am still waiting for approval. 

41 minutes ago, rak sa_ngop said:

I downloaded the Section 38 (TM-30) App (Android version on my phone)  by reading the QR code on the CW posted notice see photo. I selected English and filled in all relevant fields as the owner of my condo. I uploaded copies of my passport and Chanote pages and submitted the application. Within hours I received an email requesting me to confirm my email. I did this on Monday night and now today 2 days later I received my username and password. I now entered the Section 38 App and checked the registered names. And there dated one week ago I saw my details listed from the visit I made to CW to extend my Non-o visa for retirement. It contained the TM-6 number and entry date date from 2 months ago, when I last entered Thailand. These were the details I gave CW when I made my first ever TM 30 notification last week (and no fine).

So the on-line system has worked, for me anyway.

Interesting... Maybe it was quicker for you because you had already done a TM-30 at the same address? Did you do that TM-30 notification at CW? Or maybe that app works more quickly?

The colleague who I mentioned above was fined 800 baht.

I am trying to do it all online because I want to spend the least amount of time at CW as possible. I'm working Monday to Friday anyway so it's tricky...

Yes, I did my first ever TM 30 the week before. And maybe because I was processed by an intern /trainee and not full officer there was no mention of a fine then (maybe they haven't got to that part in their training yet).

But doing the whole thing on my android phone may have been the reason why it worked out so well.

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2019 at 11:51 AM, Tanoshi said:

Yes.

In person, by post, or online using form TM30.

A line message is not sufficient or acceptable.

Thanks Tanoshi. I apologize for being a little slow but I was getting a different opinion from my employer. So if I leave Bangkok, or Thailand, all I would have to do on my return is complete and sign a TM30 form and promptly mail (or hand deliver it) it to CW immigration office? I'll see if i can register as a renter of the property for online reporting as well. Thanks for the help

Can somebody enlighten me? Registered with Chrome for tm30 Online Reporting and received attached e-mail to confirm my e-mail address. I did this immediately after receipt.

Since then total silence and still await user name and password. What else could or should be done to finish the process?

Thai Immigration.png

10 hours ago, gzu88bv said:

Can somebody enlighten me? Registered with Chrome for tm30 Online Reporting and received attached e-mail to confirm my e-mail address. I did this immediately after receipt.

Since then total silence and still await user name and password. What else could or should be done to finish the process?

Thai Immigration.png

Me too, have been waiting for 3 weeks now. Still no login and password sent. Still hoping.

1744820702_ThaiImmigration.png.e4a103abb095135002d0a8c0643c39c2.png
You just have to wait. Took over a month before I got mine.

The email confirmation part is I think automated so comes at once. But after that the info is sent to your local Imm Iffice to act on so takes a while.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gzu88bv said:

Thai Immigration.png

At CW? You applied on about the 18th of May? People who applied in early May got the login and password back after about 5 weeks it seems... so you have a chance it will be processed soon!

However, a colleague who was at immigration last week asked about the current wait time to register online and was told the system was not working at the moment.

If you do hear from them, let us know... I applied a few days after you and am still waiting too.

I registered (as a foreigner housemaster) for TM30 online yesterday using the Section38 android app. As part of the registration process via the app, I uploaded pdf copies of my wife's Tabien Bahn, her ID card and my passport photo ID page. I was then sent an email requesting that I verify my email address, which I did. This morning I received my Userid and Password. After logging in to the app you are prompted to change your password, which I did. NB The userid is CASE sensitive. Better to use the app IMHO, then no need to worry about which browser to use etc.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I registered (as a foreigner housemaster) for TM30 online yesterday using the Section38 android app. As part of the registration process via the app, I uploaded pdf copies of my wife's Tabien Bahn, her ID card and my passport photo ID page. I was then sent an email requesting that I verify my email address, which I did. This morning I received my Userid and Password. After logging in to the app you are prompted to change your password, which I did. NB The userid is CASE sensitive. Better to use the app IMHO, then no need to worry about which browser to use etc.

I'm assuming that the house in your wife's name and as her husband you don't have a rental agreement of any sort.  I would have thought it would be your wife registering as the housemaster, if they accept the foreigner in those circumstances that will make things a lot easier.  Can't see my wife setting it up, but if I can do it for myself it sounds like the way to go.

2 minutes ago, gmac said:

I'm assuming that the house in your wife's name and as her husband you don't have a rental agreement of any sort.  I would have thought it would be your wife registering as the housemaster, if they accept the foreigner in those circumstances that will make things a lot easier.  Can't see my wife setting it up, but if I can do it for myself it sounds like the way to go.

Your assumptions are correct. I was going to register my wife as the owner (but I was always going to operate the "system") until I saw I could register myself as the housemaster. Much better for me to control what goes into the "system". You wife sounds like mine: she doesn't like dealing with "officials" or any such "red tape".

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Your assumptions are correct. I was going to register my wife as the owner (but I was always going to operate the "system") until I saw I could register myself as the housemaster. Much better for me to control what goes into the "system". You wife sounds like mine: she doesn't like dealing with "officials" or any such "red tape".

Thanks I'll give it a go. Spot on regarding the wife as well, doesn't like to make any sort of waves with officialdom but loves to moan about the systems!

33 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Where are you? In Bangkok? 

5 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Buriram

Unfortunately in Bangkok it seems to be taking over a month to get the login and password. I guess it depends on the efficiency and current workload of your home province immigration department.

On 4/6/2019 at 11:11 AM, motdaeng said:

are you sure you did the TM30 online and not the 90 day report?

if i do tm30 online i never get the status "pending" ...

the tm30 online website has changed the last few months, i think

they continuously try to improve the website ...

I'm the same except registering my wife's house. Did the whole online application, got the email confirmation within an hour, and now registration is pending. It's only been 5 working days, and the online reply said can take up to 7 working days.. Hopefully will complete soon.

Guys,

Just another quick question... having logged my second TM30 record now, things are working well.. however, I came across this article here in Bangkok Post (https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1700888/thailand-immigration-controls-getting-tough-with-guests) where it says:

643705013_Bildschirmfoto2019-06-25um22_36_45.png.b8bc124b720989046bef93b6bc8b0c22.png

When completing the TM30 form, there is a functionality to upload an Excel file (which I presume only makes sense to register multiple people at the same time e.g. for hotels). Are we supposed to upload copies of our documents e.g. departure card, visa etc. too?

With Regards,

Sambora

On 6/15/2019 at 8:09 PM, DFPhuket said:

I had my account registration approved this week and with the hint of "use Safari" I was able to finally get my registration to go through. I tried multiple times and ways with Chrome and I always got the "Import data in sequence 1 is incorrect"; with Safari it was accepted. I only filled out the required sections (in red) and left everything else (e.g., visa type, port of arrival, etc. blank). After clicking save, I did not get the usual error message. I then went back to the first screen you see after logging in and clicked the "Search TM.30", searched for entries today, and my name/details appeared. 

Here's what worked for me:

1. Get yourself registered. I own my own condo and uploaded my official looking ownership documents and passport. The final approval came within a day. I did all of that in Chrome. 

Thanks DFPhuket for a very clear and helpful report,
One detail- what if I don't own a condo, but rent an apartment in a building? What would I need to enter for registration. My passport info of course and then what is needed of the building owner? At this point I don't even know if any TM30 has been filed by building owner regarding me as tenant. Up until now TM30 is something I only have remotely heard of, but never dealt with directly. All my past dealings with immigration have been without any hassle/mention of TM30.

Thank you in advance for any advice you could give.

13 hours ago, Sambora said:

Guys,

Just another quick question... having logged my second TM30 record now, things are working well.. however, I came across this article here in Bangkok Post (https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1700888/thailand-immigration-controls-getting-tough-with-guests) where it says:

643705013_Bildschirmfoto2019-06-25um22_36_45.png.b8bc124b720989046bef93b6bc8b0c22.png

If I understood correctly, the TM30 form is for house/building owner to file. As a perennial renter, I wonder how I can just show up at CW "B" counter and register myself since I don't own anything real-estate wise? Ditto for "self-filing" by post or online. It's possible there's confusion on my part between "filing" and "registering," if so can someone enlighten me on that? Thanks.

3 minutes ago, smo said:

One detail- what if I don't own a condo, but rent an apartment in a building? What would I need to enter for registration. My passport info of course and then what is needed of the building owner?

Who owns the apartment?

Copies of;

Passport

Tabien Baan for the residence.

ID card of the Thai owner.

Rental contract.

6 minutes ago, smo said:

If I understood correctly, the TM30 form is for house/building owner to file.

Theoretically he should, but essentially it's the foreign who pays any fine, that's because the Act states the House master, the owner or the possessor are responsible.

As the tenant, you possess the residence.

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Who owns the apartment?

Copies of;

Passport

Tabien Baan for the residence.

ID card of the Thai owner.

Rental contract.

The building owner owns the apartment I live in (it's not a buy or rent option) everybody rents (uniformly built units).

Sorry for being so newbie ( having never owned any piece of real-estate anywhere on earth or the moon for that matter) but a Tabien Baan is the ..... for the "residence" in this case? Thank you in advance for the clarification.

5 minutes ago, smo said:

The building owner owns the apartment I live in (it's not a buy or rent option) everybody rents (uniformly built units).

Sorry for being so newbie ( having never owned any piece of real-estate anywhere on earth or the moon for that matter) but a Tabien Baan is the ..... for the "residence" in this case? Thank you in advance for the clarification.

The Tabien Baan is the Blue House Book.

It's a registration of the address of the residence.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

that's because the Act states the House master, the owner or the possessor are responsible.

As the tenant, you possess the residence. 

Therefore as the headline of TM30 states "notification form for housemaster, owner or the POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE where alien has stayed" I can self-file ie filing as "possessor of the residence" and reporting myself as "alien." In short the only thing I need from the building owner is copies of the building BLUE BOOK and the owner's THAI ID? (as renter I've already possessed the rental contract."

*** please ignore whatever graphics may show up - failed attempted to upload tm30 form headline from its pdf form.

image.png