Paying Thai girlfriend a "salary"

Paying the monthly "contribution" to have a share of the girls intimacy,  may go with the magic mantra when in Thailand....never buy, just rent.

p.s. don't leave home without your six-pack, family size, Durex box.

Edited by observer90210

When I lived in Chiang Mai, I knew a girl who collected a year-round salary from three different men.  One was a sea captain who also built her a house and another a white South African soldier.  I never met the third one.  She managed to schedule things so they didn't run in to one another.  She wanted me to be her local farang.  She was at loose ends with two small children and not really knowing what she wanted to do with her life.  I felt rather sorry for her.  She was good-looking and of at least average intelligence.  Perhaps that's why her girlfriends did not help her to stabilize.  If you read the various book by professional researchers such as "Patpong Sisters," it seems that relationships with other bar girls and boys form their relationship universe. They certainly can't trust fickle farangs.

• Like 1

The reason she asked you is because she thought you were dumb enough to believe all that crap. She will also think you're dumb enough to pay some sin sod. While everyone else in the village couldn't even afford a wedding, they just had kids, unmarried. Why are you even asking?

3 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

is it? my marriage cost me just a few dollars I had been married for 

33 years and the divorce cost me only a bus fare to the family court

and a few dollars

Lucky you.  Mine cost me child support for 3 kids - 18 years and a half a million dollar house. 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Let me put it to you this way. 

If you're 31 and Thai girls are asking you to pay them salary then you must be very ugly. If they are asking for 50,000 then just quit life right now.

My wife when I was 31 asked me two buy her a house.  She was cute and the kids well mannered.  And the judge said she got the house to raise those cute kids.  I don't think I was that ugly bute 50,000 baht is really a drop in the bucket to what it cost me. 

Edited by marcusarelus

OP, did you include in your calculations any discounts that maybe applied, such as on time payment or payment before the due date for the salary ?

I can't wait until next week when we will learn how to add the Sin Sod into the equation.

Although most of the replies I've read are just mocking, the answer to your question is YES. If you want a Thai GF you have to pay. 

How much you pay is up to you ( and her ).

She isn't going to be your GF because she "loves you". She could be making big money on a nightly basis, so you have to compensate her for loss of earnings.

19 hours ago, FarangOnTour said:

Assuming she commands a good fee of 3000bhat per customer and meets 4 customers per week her weekly income is 12000bhat

4 weeks per months, leaves her with a monthly average of 48000bhat

Assuming she meets an average of 16 customers per month and yields approx 50'000bhat she is looking for a Farang to supplement her current income when she gives up working upon entering a relationship.

You assume that she gets that many takeouts, but unless she is DDG she is more likely to get less than half that many, or even less. Out of her earnings she has to pay all her living expenses, her actual dead beat Thai BF, and still have enough to support her family.

19 hours ago, FarangOnTour said:

As the years progress she will become less of an attractive commodity to sex tourists and therefore her fee will naturally have to reduce from 3000bhat per customer in order to attract customers, therefore does the amount she expects from Farang boyfriend also depreciate proportionally?

No, as her looks diminish she will ask for more- what do you think will happen if she asks for more than her much younger, better looking co workers?

She knows her working days are numbered, and so she will make hay while her looks last.

Her ultimate objective could be to find a rich farang that will support her, her multitude of dead beat family members, and pay the vet fees for the sick buffalo.

If she can get him to marry her even better. Once married and with a kid or two, she is pretty much set for life.

BTW, you may discuss the bar scene, but not monetary details, unless you want to get the thread closed. 

• Like 1

Complete rubbish. Not everybody is paying his "gf". Plenty of non bar girl relationships around. Off course there are still massive cultural differences which affect relationships and families. If you are looking for advice on this subject from the regular men-clown here, you won't get much insight. You are young enough to explore TH and venture away from the bar scene. Make your own experience and find an independent, smart girl that has Western views. Maybe also look at some other Asian countries. TH is  far, far from what it used to be 25 years ago and I would never consider living here, had i just arrived. Great options about.

Good luck and enjoy. MS>

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Although most of the replies I've read are just mocking, the answer to your question is YES. If you want a Thai GF you have to pay. 

How much you pay is up to you ( and her ).

She isn't going to be your GF because she "loves you". She could be making big money on a nightly basis, so you have to compensate her for loss of earnings.

You assume that she gets that many takeouts, but unless she is DDG she is more likely to get less than half that many, or even less. Out of her earnings she has to pay all her living expenses, her actual dead beat Thai BF, and still have enough to support her family.

No, as her looks diminish she will ask for more- what do you think will happen if she asks for more than her much younger, better looking co workers?

She knows her working days are numbered, and so she will make hay while her looks last.

Her ultimate objective could be to find a rich farang that will support her, her multitude of dead beat family members, and pay the vet fees for the sick buffalo.

If she can get him to marry her even better. Once married and with a kid or two, she is pretty much set for life.

BTW, you may discuss the bar scene, but not monetary details, unless you want to get the thread closed. 

The Thai girlfriend you describe is not the normally accepted description of a girlfriend.