Help: My son has been arrested for overstay

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:43 AM, Thailand Outcast said:

Can I ask, how are you receiving this information? 

He is being visited by friends.

My son has paid fine for his overstay, what is procedure now, and how long does it take, he is being held in   IDC. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:36 AM, pattayadude said:

Everybody here is going out of their way to help this father OP from UK who supposedly needs help to get his troubled and broke son out of jail in a 3rd world country half way around the world but later he admitted that he also is broke (by his words "no funds" on a recent post)

Case closed.

Jails in every country are full of inmates that they probably wouldn't be doing any time at all and be set free if they could post a lousy bail or  had some money to pay fines or be able to afford even a cheap  lawyer or had parents who could or/and would help them. But they didn't.

Next topic please....

Can you read my post again about my remarks about no funds, you will find it a question, not a quote.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2019 at 10:27 PM, gk10002000 said:

A question on when one person buys a ticket for another person.  EVA air for example demands to see the credit card used to purchase the ticket when I board.  How does somebody in this kid's situation get a ticket that the airline will accept if it is bought by somebody else?

using pay pal works here

On 4/8/2019 at 6:04 PM, maimeephom said:

A question on when one person buys a ticket for another person.  EVA air for example demands to see the credit card used to purchase the ticket when I board.  How does somebody in this kid's situation get a ticket that the airline will accept if it is bought by somebody else?

When I worked as an air courier, I dealt with this situation often.

The purchaser can go to any office of the airline, present positive ID and the CC used for the ticket purchase. The airline can then fax a copy to the airline office at the departure airport.  It is important that the purchaser get the name of the agent being dealt with and the name of the agent receiving the fax. I was denied boarding once because nobody could locate the fax. After that, I took names.

BTW, this situation usually only arises when the ticket is purchased by a third party within 72 hours of departure. 

22 minutes ago, UKJASE said:

here is an update guys - the OP's son / my friend was in touch this morning.  after being moved to prachuap immigration holding cells on thursday, he was finally on the road this morning, heading to the IDC in bangkok.

He gets his phone every now and again (about once every two days at present) and sent some messages out whilst enroute to bangkok.  he said he had been treated well in prachuap, and sounded in good spirits.

He has now been held about 10 or 11 days, so hopefully this is the final leg of his deportation, and he is back home very soon.

I have the money here for his flight and overstay fine, from his dad, so just waiting for the call as to where to send the cash

good on you all for helping out and showing his dad lots of support and concern ????

Thanks for the update.... Good to hear..... hope he can get a flight back to the UK ASAP.

Edited by 007 RED
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Good to hear things seem to work out fine for the OP`s son. Great that the detainee has a friend to help him.

I don`t understand why western countries would not help their citizens in such inhuman circumstances.

Germany for example has the money to fly IS-terrorists back "home", has the money to pay the flights and additionally 1000 Euros "pocket money" for each not accepted "refugee" who is willing to leave the country.

Crazy and sad.

I don't think he's a UK citizen.

9 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Good to hear things seem to work out fine for the OP`s son. Great that the detainee has a friend to help him.

I don`t understand why western countries would not help their citizens in such inhuman circumstances.

Germany for example has the money to fly IS-terrorists back "home", has the money to pay the flights and additionally 1000 Euros "pocket money" for each not accepted "refugee" who is willing to leave the country.

Crazy and sad.

I think Canada does lend the money. I have a friend who had no more money and went to the embassy. They make you contact all your friends and family and lend you money if there is no other options. Once back in Canada you can't get your passport back until the loans is paid back. 

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, bazzer said:

Thankyou for your useful information, my son has now be held for 22 Days since his arrest, most of this I believe is because of Thai Holidays, he has now been held I IDC in Bangkok since 14 April, he has committed no other crime other than his overstay, (he was approached by 2 plain clothed police officers whine he was out, he was pointed out by an unknown female,) he has paid fine for this, I am in regular contact with embassy, they tell me that once he has been processed ie, blood test, finger prints etc, then flight can be arranged, (funds are in place) they also tell me that my son will be visited by them this week, they will have phone with them and he will be allowed to speak to me, this has been an absolute nightmare for us, and I dread to think what he may be going through.

In Regards to getting him out of IDC as soon as possible, I would very much like to be able to do this, but unfortunately it is beyond my control.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bazzer said:

Thankyou for your useful information, my son has now be held for 22 Days since his arrest, most of this I believe is because of Thai Holidays, he has now been held I IDC in Bangkok since 14 April, he has committed no other crime other than his overstay, (he was approached by 2 plain clothed police officers whine he was out, he was pointed out by an unknown female,) he has paid fine for this, I am in regular contact with embassy, they tell me that once he has been processed ie, blood test, finger prints etc, then flight can be arranged, (funds are in place) they also tell me that my son will be visited by them this week, they will have phone with them and he will be allowed to speak to me, this has been an absolute nightmare for us, and I dread to think what he may be going through.

Thank you for updating us on progress. It is now a week since the Songkran holidays, and I would expect clearance to arrange flights will be given shortly. My understanding is that the process usually takes about a week. I understand how worried you must be. Hopefully, it will soon all be like a bad dream.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bazzer said:

My son has now been held in Bangkok IDC for two weeks now without a visit from Embassy.

Am sure it will be sorted before too long however when you get him home make sure he never leaves his home country again.

Clearly he thinks nothing of the distress hes caused to family for being 4 years overstay.

• Sad 1

On 4/24/2019 at 8:10 PM, bazzer said:

Sorry to hear of your son's misfortune and I can only assume how you are feeling, but you shouldn't be too worried now. Let's hope that you'll have him back ASAP. It can't take much longer. Kind regards.  

2 hours ago, bazzer said:

My son has now been held in Bangkok IDC for two weeks now without a visit from Embassy.

This is a bit shocking, what do the embassy say about this?

Is there anything they can do for him if they do visit him?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, bazzer said:

So they haven,t kept their promise that you posted on wednesday that they would visit this week.

I take it no one has visited him since he has been in Bangkok, or has any of his friends been to see him in Bangkok?

In your shoes I would be phoning the embassy multiple times a day. 

And if no one has gone to see him there is it possibile to pay a lawyer to go? 

3 hours ago, bigginhill said:

So they haven,t kept their promise that you posted on wednesday that they would visit this week.

I take it no one has visited him since he has been in Bangkok, or has any of his friends been to see him in Bangkok?

In your shoes I would be phoning the embassy multiple times a day. 

And if no one has gone to see him there is it possibile to pay a lawyer to go? 

Do not involve lawyers.

His son has enough problems.

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:10 PM, bazzer said:

As a few other TV members have said, many thanks for the update on your son’s situation.  Sorry to hear that his repatriation is taking much longer that both you, and no doubt he, were hoping for.

Regrading your subsequent comment that nobody from the Embassy has visited your son at IDC since his arrival two weeks ago.  I would agree that this lack of support is not very good.

FYI…..  IDC are supposed to notify the Embassy within 24 hours of your son’s arrival.  It is possible, for example, that if he arrived at the IDC late on a Friday afternoon they would not have officially notified the Embassy until the following Monday. 

It also needs to be borne in mind that there have been two holidays here, almost back-to-back.  Namely, Songkran (Thai/Buddhist New Year) followed by the Easter holiday both of which would have affected Immigration and Embassy staff to one degree or another.

Hopefully this week you will have some good news that his flight back to the UK has been booked and that you will soon be able to give him a clip around the lughole for causing you so much grief.

Please keep us updated on his progress as its always nice to know the final outcome.

PS.

Please also bear in mind that Civil Servants (Consular Staff) only have two speeds.  Namely, dead slow and stop.  Urgency does not exist in their vocabulary. ????

• Like 2