Help acquiring new clients

Hi, I need some help, I was working doing sales in bang rak for a industrial 3d printing company. It was tough, money was decent but my fault my wp and visa got all messed up cos my passport got stolen, had to go back to UK sort it all out blah blah. Iv been back now for about 7 months working legally again BUT I got approached by one woman who's son goes to bkk Christian college asking me to help him with his school work so I agreed (10 years ago I did the whole language center gig for quite a considerable amount of time so it is easy) 2 hours a week 600 an hour. She told her friends now I have 4 families and 6 kids all doing 2 hours a week at 600 an hour teaching them their next year's work books. It's really lucrative. Now my question is: I need to choose to make the jump quit my job and do this full time, 6 kids a week works out to be 7200b a week or 28800 a month which is less than half my salary but it's only 12 hours a week, how can I get more students to make the plunge? I prepared this but doesn't seem to be as good as word of mouth - zero responses ha. 

Any tips whatsoever I'd be grateful. 

Sean

54 minutes ago, Seano88 said:

It's really lucrative.

No it's not.  You are getting 600 baht an hour. You can do a maximum of 40 hours if you want a life. Of that there will be travel time so I assume that will eat into you lifestyle. 600x40 = 24000 baht. Take taxes, healthcare, travel, and the like from that and it is looking even more grim. Without working longer hours you will need to scale your business by finding others who will work for 30% less than that. Then take 10% out for savings and what do you have to live on?

If that is agreeable you need to then get legal and pay taxes, lodge for business and the like. And with that comes more expense.

I couldn't and wouldn't be working in Thailand on those terms. YMMV.

12 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

No it's not.  You are getting 600 baht an hour. You can do a maximum of 40 hours if you want a life. Of that there will be travel time so I assume that will eat into you lifestyle. 600x40 = 24000 baht. Take taxes, healthcare, travel, and the like from that and it is looking even more grim. Without working longer hours you will need to scale your business by finding others who will work for 30% less than that. Then take 10% out for savings and what do you have to live on?

If that is agreeable you need to then get legal and pay taxes, lodge for business and the like. And with that comes more expense.

There's a big question you and only you can answer:

- Full time job and you said good money better than the teaching bit and perhaps some promotion, some level of security.

- Teaching 29,000 a month at the moment, is there any guarantee you will have the same number of students next month / any month, and the FF party has mentioned many times big changes to education, could mean good English conversation lessons in class and way less need for tutors.

Your decision of course. 

On 4/5/2019 at 8:56 AM, Farangwithaplan said:

Erm that's 96,000baht a month, 3000usd or 2.2k pound sterling. 

I spend mb 50k a month now and pretty much do what I want. 

I mean I don't live in a 40k a month condo in sathorn or eat steak in gaucho and drink cocktails in the sky bar, I just live like I did in the UK. Sometimes I eat out, if I want decent western food then I just cook it myself with ingredients from Tops or central. 

Travel? I don't need a personal driver lol drive motorcycle or sky train day pass. 

Healthcare?? I'm still early 30s so my Healthcare is cheap and I don't drink. 

What are you spunking your money on? Or what titty bar? 

12 hours ago, Seano88 said:

What are you spunking your money on? Or what titty bar? 

None.

I charge a premium to be in a foreign country away from some family, friends, familiar lifestyle, and having to live in less pristine environmental conditions etc.

But good for you if that sort of money is fine for you to live on whist putting aside more for the future. You're in your 30s and you still think you are invincible like you were in your 20s. I'm not here to preach so I won't.

All the more power to you if you are happy.

Archived