Chinese restaurant hit again with health-code violations

Rimmer

Chinese restaurant hit again with health-code violations

image.png

PATTAYA:--A Chinese restaurant cited in August for illegally dumping wastewater into Third Road has been given 15 days to clean up act again after being hit with three new health violations.

Deputy Mayors Pattana Boonsawad and Manote Nongyai sent their secretary, sanitation workers and public-health inspectors to the Chur Hai Ie Jie eatery on Third Road at Soi Chalermprakiat 9 April 3 following complaints leveled online.

Inspectors found the restaurant illegally was cooking on the ground and had not installed grease traps. Grease and water also were on the floor, creating a hazardous working condition.

Most seriously, the restaurant was flushing wastewater into the sewers even though it had no license to connect to the system.

Read more:  https://www.pattayamail.com/news/chinese-restaurant-hit-again-with-health-code-violations-251425

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-04-05--

17 minutes ago, toenail said:

I see food vendors dumping dirty water & cooking  oil in the street drains all the time. Locals think nothing of it. 

On our local market the draines are clogged leaving deep ditches of it around the market. I was so stupid to step in it and went kneedeep into it causing me to buy new shoes.

You can eat from the floor there...

Not because it is so clean, but because all the food is on the floor.

(or doesnt that joke not make any sense in english? In dutch we have a saying that when it is very clean somewhere you could eat from the floor).

2 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Apart from the grease and water, the "food" on the chopping blocks looks disgusting along with the blood (?) on the floor!

Blood?  More likely chopped chili, don't you think.  If there was blood on the floor that would have been reported for sure.

3 hours ago, HKindepend said:

did anyone know what's the name of this restaurant?

The Chur Hai Ie Jie Chinese restaurant on Third Road at Soi Chalermprakiat 9 has been given 15 days to clean up act again after being hit with three new health violations.

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Where do you see cooking oil being dumped into the drains by vendors "all the time"?

I have seen it being done at every market I has been to in Thailand. Not sure about restaurants but at markets, it is standard practice. 

10 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

You can eat from the floor there...

Not because it is so clean, but because all the food is on the floor.

(or doesnt that joke not make any sense in english? In dutch we have a saying that when it is very clean somewhere you could eat from the floor).

Ah the famous Dutch sense of humour! So subtle it has to be explained.  Thanks cloggie

20 hours ago, toenail said:

I see food vendors dumping dirty water & cooking  oil in the street drains all the time. Locals think nothing of it. 

Seems to be a general attitude. I had workers at my place and they poured left over concrete and washed  their stuff out into my gray water drains running round the house. 

22 hours ago, fruitman said:

On our local market the draines are clogged leaving deep ditches of it around the market. I was so stupid to step in it and went kneedeep into it causing me to buy new shoes.

You're lucky you didn't need new feet, ankles and knees as well????

If Pattaya was located in Europe, 90% of the restaurants would have been closed on the spot.

People would read shock horror stories in the tabloids about the lack of hygiene and rats in the kitchen.  

Archived