Yorkies celebrating 20 years in Pattaya

Rimmer

Yorkies celebrating 20 years in Pattaya

image.png

PATTAYA:--In 1999, A Yorkshire couple came to Thailand to start a new life, and a new business. Norman Denning, who had been a butcher for more than 45 years, running his own shop in Shipley, and Eileen, who herself had a butchers shop close by, decided they had had enough of the UK. They packed all their equipment into a container and shipped it out to Pattaya where they had rented a building on Beach Road in Jomtien. There they set about re-creating the butchery that they had back in Yorkshire.

At the time, there was only one other couple making a few pies in Pattaya, but no-one was producing real English bacon, sausages, gammon and pies the way it was done in the UK, and other products that so many English ex-pats missed from home. So, after many weeks of finding the right supplies and ingredients, Norman and Eileen opened ‘Yorkies’ in May 1999, slowly developing a good customer base.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/business/yorkies-celebrating-20-years-in-pattaya-251232

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-04-05--

2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Yeah but do the staff speak with a thick Yorkshire accent .. 

I don't mind that they do not. The pies and other products speak for themselves. Congratulations!

4 hours ago, Kim J said:

Congratulations and my total respect to anyone that can successfully run a profitable business in such a difficult and corrupt environment and still be going strong after 20 years.

This couple must be very well connected.

Sadly Norman passed on several years ago. And Eileen is back in UK.

They have changed the story some what, I knew Norman when he first arrived in Pattaya, Eileen was no part of the operation at that time, bacon was good though, back then there was not a lot else available!

1 hour ago, roo860 said:

Then it would be black pudding.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The BP is good. Just a personal thing on my part but I would prefer if the pieces of fat were chopped a bit smaller. Seems they used to do it but changed to bigger pieces by request. 

Still buy and eat it though and the dogs love the big fat pieces when I dig them out.

????????????????

1 hour ago, Kim J said:

Although meat pies etc can be tasty and enjoyable to eat, they contain little useful nutrition and are extremely unhealthy.

Pastry contains refined wheat flour, refined sugar, fat and salt. What then go's inside that pastry case are chopped up cuts of low grade meat, more fat, more salt and maybe even some sugar. Add to that the trans fats and other chemicals in commercially produced pies and processed meats they are  some of the worst things that you can possibly eat.

A nice tasty snack that can fill you up, but unfortunately very high calorific content, very high fat content and virtually no useful nutrition.

Ask that well known English comedian Chubby Brown, in days gone bye he seemed to be some leading authority on pie eaters.

and your point is? 

Archived