Yorkies celebrating 20 years in Pattaya

Rimmer

2 minutes ago, Kim J said:

No need for proof it is common knowledge, and as you state I most certainly was not reffering to Yorkies products alone, but such things as meat pies, processed meat etc have virtually no useful nutrition, they are completely empty calories! Then you can add to that, such foods are actually detrimental to your general health.

That is not a criticism, as most people do, I eat things like that myself on odd occasions and everyone will ultimately eat what they enjoy. But that will never detract from the facts of the matter.

"No need for proof it is common knowledge..."

It's not "common knowledge" that those products have no nutritional value. 

" I most certainly was not reffering to Yorkies products..."

I was, and I specifically stated that, as was the poster to whom I responded.

"But that will never detract from the facts of the matter".

You haven't quoted any facts relevant to the comment that I made that you are trying to dispute!

13 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I'm interested to see someone prove what was claimed, the poster to whom I responded did, if you don't, why comment?

because I had a point to make, that not many people care who buy such things.  It's not your private forum mate. 

13 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I doubt, somehow, that you'll know much about it either but I'd love someone here to prove that Yorkies products have "no nutritional value" as was claimed by the poster that I responded to.

You would be surprised what I know about nutrition..... but pork pies for example would look like this:-

Pork pies

Pork Pie - 1 piece

piece (192g grams)

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 372
Calories 597

% Daily Value*
63%
Total Fat 41g grams
75%
Saturated Fat 15g grams
Trans Fat 0.1g grams
31%
Cholesterol 94mg milligrams
29%
Sodium 685mg milligrams
8%
Potassium 295mg milligrams
11%
Total Carbohydrates 34g grams
6%
Dietary Fiber 1.4g grams
Sugars 0.8g grams
Protein 20g grams

1%
Vitamin A
1%
Vitamin C
3%
Calcium
9%
Iron

18 hours ago, Pilotman said:

more to the point, who cares. 

A once in a while treat, a quick and easy lunch snack, hot in minutes from the microwave. Are they really any worse than many Thai dishes loaded up with salt, sugar, coconut milk and MSG? They even put sugar in fried mixed veggies. 

On 4/5/2019 at 1:23 PM, Justgrazing said:

Yeah but do the staff speak with a thick Yorkshire accent .. 

what is wrong with that??

Eileen in no longer seen at Yorkies I think she sold out to the Thais that work there, think Eileen is now back in the Uk.

Norman died aged 71    5 or 6 years ago 

43 minutes ago, essox essox said:

what is wrong with that??

Well more accurately 'the thick staff speak with a thick Yorkshire accent ' for that authentic feel.

I am from Lancs (like Yorkshire, but nicer) so can say such things!

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

A once in a while treat, a quick and easy lunch snack, hot in minutes from the microwave. Are they really any worse than many Thai dishes loaded up with salt, sugar, coconut milk and MSG? They even put sugar in fried mixed veggies. 

pastry done in a MICROWAVE goes crap.....always best to use an oven !!

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well more accurately 'the thick staff speak with a thick Yorkshire accent ' for that authentic feel.

I am from Lancs (like Yorkshire, but nicer) so can say such things!

ALL the staff are THAI so how can THEY speak with a yorkie accent????

Have you been to the shop??

If NOT then you dont know what your talking about .....

19 hours ago, essox essox said:

pastry done in a MICROWAVE goes crap.....always best to use an oven !!

Well of course I am not cooking it, more simply heating the contents. Yes, a microwave softens the pastry a bit but I still enjoy it and believe the result to be pretty good. I actually don't have an oven. 

19 hours ago, essox essox said:

ALL the staff are THAI so how can THEY speak with a yorkie accent????

Have you been to the shop??

If NOT then you dont know what your talking about .....

You have never heard Thais speaking English with rural accents? What a sheltered life you lead.

These days I always get them from BigC-X so no need nor opportunity to talk to anyone. 

Have a chill out pie!

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

You have never heard Thais speaking English with rural accents?

Listen to Ole Gunnar Solskaer or Peter Schmeichael's accents after years playing at Old Trafford.

(Don't anyone tell me they are Norwegians please)

4 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Listen to Ole Gunnar Solskaer or Peter Schmeichael's accents after years playing at Old Trafford.

(Don't anyone tell me they are Norwegians please)

I thought exactly the same when Ole was being interviewed only the other day. I also recall seeing some old bar-girls back in Pattaya town with their UK hubbies, talking to me in fluent and heavy Scouser accents, which amused me a lot. I was also being asked not to mention any past encounters!

On 4/5/2019 at 4:30 PM, wgdanson said:

Sadly Norman passed on several years ago. And Eileen is back in UK.

I am assuming she is there as U use the shop on a regular basis and NOT seen her for months now.

The manager is a very nice Thai lady who speaks good English...!!

1 hour ago, essox essox said:

I am assuming she is there as U use the shop on a regular basis and NOT seen her for months now.

The manager is a very nice Thai lady who speaks good English...!!

Spoke with Thai lady who told me that Eileen is no longer there, for over a year.

On 4/5/2019 at 7:32 PM, Justgrazing said:

No mention of Yorkie pud's the nearest I've encountered in Splattaya look and taste more like baked polystyrene .. If they make the real deal ones they'd be on't something I tell thee .. 

as far as Iknow Yorkies DID NOT sell Yorky puds, in many yrs of being a customer NEVER EVER saw any for sale !!

Archived