Tourist Police officer flips pickup truck in Thalang

webfact

Tourist Police officer flips pickup truck in Thalang

By The Phuket News

1554439593_1-org.jpg

The Mitsubishi Triton pickup truck flipped over when Pol Cpl Sarawut Songmuang lost control in Thalang on Friday morning (Apr 5). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A Krabi Tourist Police officer has escaped with minor injuries after he lost control and flipped his pickup truck in Thalang in the early hours of this morning (Apr 5).

Lt Col Kitiphum Thinthalang of Thalang Police was notified of the accident at about 2:50am.

Thalang Police officers and Kusoldharm Foundation rescue volunteers arrived at the scene near the PTT petrol station, Muang Mai branch on Thepkasattri Rd, north Thalang, to find a badly damaged Mitsubishi Triton pickup truck at the side of the road.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/tourist-police-officer-flips-pickup-truck-in-thalang-70983.php#rSpsogDaCPZdmOYw.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-04-05

Was he tested for Alcohol? the answer as we all expected "Asked if Cpl Sarawut was tested for alcohol, Col Kitiphum told The Phuket News that he was not tested as he did not appear drunk".

29 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Pickups are unstable compared to a sedan.

Indeed they are, a fact that escapes most Thais who buy them.  They stick 10,000 Baht down as a deposit and drive away a 3 litre pick up that they can't drive, control, park, manoeuvre in traffic. Then after one year, if they haven't already destroyed it in a perfectly avoidable crash, it gets re possessed by the bank because they can't afford the monthly payments.  A generalisation I know, but there is always some truth in every generalisation I know.   

I just can't imagine flipping a pick up!! It needs something extraordinary to happen?

Hit some gravel on a bend going too fast, your back end tries to overtake you, hit the kerb sideways and over you go !!
Happens a lot ( nearly happened to me once ????).

• 6 months later...
On 4/5/2019 at 8:02 PM, observer90210 said:

Not drunk ? Thai cop in the early hours of the morning who has a vehicle accident ?...okay, sure, of course....????.

Anyhow, good for the driver that he made it out with only minor injuries.

Are you kidding me? How is this good that he only had minor injuries? All it does is allow him to think that his amulets work and therefore can drive drunk and recklessly whenever he wants without being harmed. How long until this moron kills somebody? I'm sorry but he should have either died or had life changing injuries so severe that either he can no longer drive or thinks more carefully about the way he drives. 

Man flips truck in Thalang- Thaigeezers rush if from everywhere but Phuket to add their 'expert' opinions and second guess what happened.

It must be great to have such a quiet life in order to have time to address such serious issues as this. Any ideas on Climate Change or the melting of the ice caps? 

On 4/5/2019 at 10:38 AM, leither69 said:

I just can't imagine flipping a pick up!! It needs something extraordinary to happen?

Easier than most other vehicles on the road.. High c of g.. Leaf spring suspension and live axle rear end make them highly prone to it. 

testing for alcohol should be done automatically on all accidents but being a police officer he will not have anything done that could cause a loss of face, speeding while intoxicated in the early hours of the morning will be the last thing the police involved will want to show. As usual here the rank/position/family/wealth of the person involved mean nothing will happen,  the BS story they made up on how he managed to flip the car while driving slowly in a sober condition is good for a laugh and did not appear to be drunk, you have to be joking

On 4/5/2019 at 3:38 PM, leither69 said:

of course it does.....I been diving mine 13 years Mitsu Triton) NEVER came ever near to flipping it over...........it is simple THEY SHOULD NOT Be on the roads !!!.............

On 11/5/2019 at 1:25 AM, bfc1980 said:

Are you kidding me? How is this good that he only had minor injuries? All it does is allow him to think that his amulets work and therefore can drive drunk and recklessly whenever he wants without being harmed. How long until this moron kills somebody? I'm sorry but he should have either died or had life changing injuries so severe that either he can no longer drive or thinks more carefully about the way he drives. 

you must be right in that case....I am far to nice a person I guess....????

Archived