"I need this sword to protect myself", motorcycle man tells Chonburi cops

webfact

"I need this sword to protect myself", motorcycle man tells Chonburi cops

6pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A young man stopped riding a motorcycle with two other people said that he needed a sword to protect himself.

A picture published by Sanook showed a policeman with the lethal looking weapon. 

A mobile patrol had made a traffic stop of two men and a woman on a Honda Click with no license plate outside a college in downtown Chonburi. 

One of the three - none of whom were named - said that he had gone to Sri Racha to pick up his girlfriend who was involved in a dispute with a colleague at a restaurant where she worked. 

He took along the sword for his protection, he said. 

Charges of having a weapon in public and riding a bike without plates were made and all of those on the vehicle are being checked for drug taking. 

No drugs were found in their possession. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-05

57 minutes ago, webfact said:

A mobile patrol had made a traffic stop of two men and a woman on a Honda Click with no license plate outside a college in downtown Chonburi. 

3 on a bike with no reg' plate carrying a ---- off big sword .! Not exactly setting thereselves up for success then .. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

A young man stopped riding a motorcycle with two other people said that he needed a sword to protect himself

From who? Someone who might overtake you or honk their horn at you? 

Just now, rkidlad said:

From who? Someone who might overtake you or honk their horn at you? 

I'm sure you must mean 'overtake you in an offensive way, or honk their horn at you in a vicious manner'?

Then retaliation must surely be needed, for causing such a serious loss of face.

A bit extreme a sword is.. I also have a compact expandable baton hidden in the "glove compartment" of my scooter. Never used it so far and not planning to, but I know it's there in case of a hairy situation. All kinds of crazy bastards on the roads. 

17 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I'm sure you must mean 'overtake you in an offensive way, or honk their horn at you in a vicious manner'?

Then retaliation must surely be needed, for causing such a serious loss of face.

But, your honour, he overtook me in what I can only describe as a 'supercilious manner' so, as you will understand, I had to react.

Archived