Pattaya Beach crisis: "Very concerning and potential damage to tourism" as stop gap measures announced

webfact

Not exactly the same but during my time working on DAS Island, Abu Dhabi there was a project to reclaim land and make the island larger. There was a UK company doing the work, I forget their name. After the reclamation failed three times with all the sand ending up back where it came from they were sacked off the job. A Dutch company called Van Oord came in and within a couple of weeks they did the whole job, almost doubling the size of the island. I was most impressed. Lesson learned, use the right contractor to do the job and save yourself all the heartache.

Den

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I worked with many millionaire home owners in USA who had waterfront property - lake or ocean.  Often with steep cliffs or slim beaches to preserve.  It was always done right, but the engineering & costs (& multiple federal, state & local regulations & permits) are way beyond these guys.   Gone in 1st storm???  Even a university post grad student could have done better.    Who supplies the sand contract? 

On 4/9/2019 at 6:27 PM, 1130bobs said:

I worked with many millionaire home owners in USA who had waterfront property - lake or ocean.  Often with steep cliffs or slim beaches to preserve.  It was always done right, but the engineering & costs (& multiple federal, state & local regulations & permits) are way beyond these guys.   Gone in 1st storm???  Even a university post grad student could have done better.    Who supplies the sand contract? 

probably the mayor's or governor's son?

On 4/7/2019 at 9:39 AM, tigerfeet said:

unfortunately they have real engineers but they are told what to do by idiots and to speak up means no job so keep quiet stand back and watch all the fun unfold .its a fault with thai society the wrong people in charge . 

not only in Thailand, trust me. Corruption is only one of many  aspects that sets us humans different than other animals and it probably dates back  several thousands of years.

It is one of the many ways humans brilliantly try to solve one of their many challenges in life and it's about their survival. but it is also unfair and ultimately illegal.

Happens everywhere, even in the first world countries, maybe in different ways but for the same result! Gain or survival.

On 4/6/2019 at 1:17 AM, Anagami said:

Do they really think that people come to Pattaya for their 'beautiful' beach? ????

If all the pussy got washed out to the sea, that would be a real problem for the city.

Hey guys, I don’t post much. But this post is the best ever I’ve read on this forum. Got to show this to mom (she’s 90). That is some funny and truthful shit there.

5 minutes ago, Gerald Smith said:

Hey guys, I don’t post much. But this post is the best ever I’ve read on this forum. Got to show this to mom (she’s 90). That is some funny and truthful shit there.

No need to underline that you don't post much - it's kinda obvious with just 1 registered post … :thumbsup:

On 4/6/2019 at 4:32 PM, Kim J said:

No worries the military have now been enlisted to help resolve the ongoing issues with Pattaya beach. I now have every confidence it will all be sorted forthwith.

Airship.jpg

Sorry to inform you that the blimp is on the way to chiangmai to combat the northern smog problem, 2 million baths worth of watering cans already purchased, and clever clever the watering cans are only half full so the million baths worth of water will not be wasted...lean over the side and water away...genius

On 4/6/2019 at 1:17 PM, Anagami said:

Do they really think that people come to Pattaya for their 'beautiful' beach? ????

If all the pussy got washed out to the sea, that would be a real problem for the city.

Nailed it in one.

Who gives a tinkers cuss about the beach? Keep the Chang flowing and the women pliant and throw the odd som tam in for the Thai experience. ????

7 hours ago, Gerald Smith said:

7 hours ago, Gerald Smith said:

Hey guys, I don’t post much. But this post is the best ever I’ve read on this forum. Got to show this to mom (she’s 90)

do that. She'd be proud of you dude!:unsure:

Archived