Tourist Visa Extension denied at Immigration Office due to missing tm30 slip

it was at CW. 

Usually there is only 1 officer at the table, this time it were 2, one seemed to be there just to deny foreigners for not having the tm30. 

not overrun by chinese, just thai and they said the previous foreigners didn´t need that too (obviously, if its just now starting to be enforced) 

my visa finishes on the 7th. (sunday) , on the 8th is public holiday, i guess im on overstay if i go there on the 9th and check into an hotel ? 

Edited by Austrian26
  • Haha 1

i can imagine many thai owners not wanting the hassle or the idea maybe they may have to pay tax by renting to non-thai. thanka to the illegal natuonalists we are fast becoming the disgusting bogeymen to avoid at all costs

Edited by humbug
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

as soon as u check into a hotel ( tonight)  u will be registered by the hotel and that will be on the Immigration computer.

You might get by paying an overstay of two days an they MIGHT allow u to do ur 30 day extension as ur date is on a sunday and monday is a holiday

or dont take the chance an head to a border tomorrow, come back and check into a hotel

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Austrian26 said:

my visa finishes on the 7th. (sunday) , on the 8th is public holiday, i guess im on overstay if i go there on the 9th and check into an hotel ? 

At many offices, if your extension expires while the office is closed, and you go for an extension the first day the office is open after this, you will not get an overstay.  

I know this is true for Jomtien - I thought this was national-policy, but I hope someone with CW experience should confirm.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Austrian26 said:

i was trying to extend a Multiple Entry Tourist Visa , so 60 days. 

So that is a different section from 30 day exempt stamp extension, K section, and 60 day tourist visa extension, J section. Hmm. Wonder if all sections need that TM30 or just METV extensions.

3 hours ago, Austrian26 said:

You would be on overstay until you have your stay extended, but as the office is closed on the 8th they won’t charge for the overstay as long as you apply on the 9th. 

If you apply on the 10th onwards you’ll be charged 500 per day.

36 minutes ago, Essecola said:

So that is a different section from 30 day exempt stamp extension, K section, and 60 day tourist visa extension, J section. Hmm. Wonder if all sections need that TM30 or just METV extensions.

Possible because the officer was saying something about long tourist stays and i have a friend who got 11 setv tourist visas in his passpport  and no problems

Almost the same situation from today bro. I was extend tourist visa and they said I cannot because hotel not report my adress. To be clear, I type adress hotel in Bangkok where I really stay now.  I was so late, but call to hotel and they told me they are not hotel, just homestay and cannot. So I need to do visa run too.

And moreover they say Im long time on tourist visa in Thailand (2 months this year, 7-8 months last year). But they denied me, because no report from hotel and no paper (I dont know TM 30 or something) from the owner. i didnt know about that. 

Now I am in Thailand on SETV. 

Im not sure what to do now. Go abroad or check in another hotel to report and wait untill Tuesday and extend visa? I will pay overstay or not?  What do You recommend? 

Edited by DannyP

Yes, you re right about hotel. But my visa will expire at Sunday 7 April. 

7 April - Sunday, weekend, immigration close

8 April - Monday, holiday, immigration close....

Its not problem about pay money for overstay. I can pay for overstay, easy. But I afraid I would show in immigration on overstay and will have problem. I can be denied, because Im no overstay MAYBE. And what then? 

@Austrian26 What do You plan? ????

And I didnt get ant stamp. Just they recommend me go and back with documents. 

I think its works if You wanna stay more than 60 days in row in Thailand. 

Anyway: Does anyone extend visa in immigration after 1-2 days overstay? Did You have any problems? 

Edited by DannyP

My plan is to leave the country. I dont want to take a risk and be on overstay and get controlled on way to immigration or something like that..

I think its probably possible to try it even with 1 or 2 overstay day because it was on holiday.. But i booked my flight back home already..

Next time when i come i will check in a hotel or try to find a rental agreement where they offer these documents 

Most condos and cheaper hotels dont do it sadly

24 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Wow. Never heard of anyone on a TV getting denied because of TM30 before. That's ridiculous. New thing??

Yes, its happening for a few weeks or months i guess. Maybe even days.People only need an extension maybe every three months, so it will take a while until everyone realises it and then they are <deleted> because condos, guesthouses, airbnb etc. Dont really offer it. Some do for sure.. But not many. 

Not sure who controls the immigration police , but it feels like 1938 germany . Lets see whay happens .

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Austrian26 said:

Yes, its happening for a few weeks or months i guess. Maybe even days.People only need an extension maybe every three months, so it will take a while until everyone realises it and then they are <deleted> because condos, guesthouses, airbnb etc. Dont really offer it. Some do for sure.. But not many. 

Not sure who controls the immigration police , but it feels like 1938 germany . Lets see whay happens .

It’s been happening for years at some offices. And since last year at CW.

What they do not (or did not, as of last month) seem to enforce at Chaeng Watthana is that you need to file a new TM30 after leaving and re-entering the country. Mine was filed when I moved in years ago, never renewed when I've come back to Thailand on a new tourist visa. That hasn't been an issue so far, but that might change.

• Like 2

I am not surprised by this.  Immigration asking for owners/landlords ID cards, registrations or whatever is something some owners/landlords don't want to bother or deal with for various reasons.  The whole process is very burdensome on the traveler and the locals.

7 hours ago, DannyP said:

Its not problem about pay money for overstay. I can pay for overstay, easy. But I afraid I would show in immigration on overstay and will have problem. I can be denied, because Im no overstay MAYBE. And what then?

If its in your hands, NEVER OVERSTAY. You never know when it will come back to hunt you.. (like in the elite-visa saga..).

As expected, it seems like it will soon be much more difficult and expensive for foreigners to rent here. A grim set of affairs indeed.

Edited by LongTang

2 hours ago, LongTang said:

If its in your hands, NEVER OVERSTAY. You never know when it will come back to hunt you.. (like in the elite-visa saga..).

As expected, it seems like it will soon be much more difficult and expensive for foreigners to rent here. A grim set of affairs indeed.

i am not here to argue when i try to respect all visa holders, but how the hell do you include the elite visa into this topic! recently there were 2 posters who were granted elite visas with an overstay history so maybe that thread needs to updated, but its easy to panic with many visas at the moment

but for me this topic is a potential monster under the umbrella of nationalists without any checks or balances.