My 10th retirement visa renewal

I see some of you do online 90 days reporting, and succeeded? I tried last week, after filling out everything, I got the message: please contact your local immigration office ( udon thank in my case) for further assistance....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nongsung said:

Today was my 10th retirement renewal and boy oh boy every time I get annoyed more and more

What, 10 times and you are still calling it a Visa,! ????

Yes living here is an exercise in frustration with the bureaucracy, I am trying to get my with-holding tax back after over a decade of letting them keep it, you would find this even more fun. I could have chewed rocks yesterday, on the way home after failing, a process I started in January. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My 90 day report coming next month. I have been here 3 years, and got 3rd O visa 2 months ago with income method. In Bankok I just fill out the form, and they stamp it and send me on my way. Curious as to if something strange going to happen. No one ever asks me for anything other then the receipt from last 90 day report and my passport , not inc the wait in line the process takes 5 minutes in Bangkok.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Hi there. If you were ordered you must go back to show your bank book in 90 days. I do not think you need a bank letter for that. If so yours would be the first report like that. It's not determined yet if any offices will be ordering later reports for the 400k.

I totally agree they're jerking us around.

I'm learning Spanish.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Visited Spain twice in the last three years.  Do you really want to go there?  That is definately a Country "buyer beware" if you are thinking of buying a house/condo there.  There is also loads of half completed developments that have been abandoned by the Owners who went bankrupt a few years ago, leaving eye sores all over the landscape.  You might also want to wait until Brexit is done and dusted.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

Visited Spain twice in the last three years.  Do you really want to go there?  That is definately a Country "buyer beware" if you are thinking of buying a house/condo there.  There is also loads of half completed developments that have been abandoned by the Owners who went bankrupt a few years ago, leaving eye sores all over the landscape.  You might also want to wait until Brexit is done and dusted.

I do know Spain as well.

My interest actually is Latin America -- Colombia, Mexico, and Peru.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, from the home of CC said:

and you can thank previous expats who never really had the funds and were caught out..

Yes, it's their fault, sure.

I said it before and I will say it again. 

The only people responsible are the lawmakers and the authorities who left loopholes that they are now trying to close in a very rudimentary way "a la third world".

And this continuous purge, no matter what they tell you, good guys in bad guys out, is the result of how affairs are conducted under a military administration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For a simple retirement extension I have never heard of the IO needing to visit your home. It sounds to me like you have a marriage extension, but marriage extensions only need 400000 baht in the bank and you can spend the money right away. Are you having some kind of exercise in delusion? I can understand wanting vent about IO absurdities. But do it with some semblance of accuracy. Either that or Mukdahan IO is doing some kind of rogue applications.

19 hours ago, nongsung said:

Well, the IO was clear that the next 90 reporting should include an updated bank book AND the confirmation letter from the bank.

With at least 800K. After that (2nd 90 days) I don’t know.

Would not be surprised if it’s not needed elsewhere. Since three years female IO’s are running the show in Mukdahan and they are extremely difficult to deal with.

Irritated faces, no-one smiles; it’s not a nice place to go to.

What if your 90 day report and 90 days after extension (to show bank book) are not at the same time ? you would have to be very lucky to have them fall at the same time.

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

What if your 90 day report and 90 days after extension (to show bank book) are not at the same time ? you would have to be very lucky to have them fall at the same time.

Mine at Jomtien are not. Requires unfortunately an extra visit - at least for the first "funds deposit proof" and then I will find out if it has to be repeated............

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Hi there. If you were ordered you must go back to show your bank book in 90 days. I do not think you need a bank letter for that. If so yours would be the first report like that. It's not determined yet if any offices will be ordering later reports for the 400k.

I totally agree they're jerking us around.

I'm learning Spanish.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

good idea to learn Spanish.

i learnt with Rosetta Stone, fantastic course, and in my opinion by far the best course.

I have a place near Marbella, currently rented out, but I too am getting fed up with being treated like a criminal and a piece of dirt at times.

my renewal is due in June, waiting to see how that goes, then decision time.

its not just IO, its the Thais in general.  

No manners, expect the farang to pay for everything.

Makes me laugh, because, why do these Thai girls think they are so special?

Lived in a lot of countries, this has to be the worst so far, but suits me for now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topt said:

Mine at Jomtien are not. Requires unfortunately an extra visit - at least for the first "funds deposit proof" and then I will find out if it has to be repeated............

Yes thats right but the OP specifically mentions showing bank book at next 90 day. People keep mentioning that two visits will be tied together but other than the OP, it hasn't been the case anywhere.

35 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

This is why it's a lousy deal, and makes for a very expensive visa, when compared to nearby countries, when you factor in the loss from your 800k.

Basically, what it does achieve is a cheap farang loan to Thai banks, thus, the Thai economy, at 1.5% interest.  800k of it for a few months, and 400k of it forever. 

I'll see what deal and services the agents are / will be offering, before I leave for Vietnam, but no way am I getting pushed into this lousy deal. 

what interest do the Thai banks charge?

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Jomtien has been ordering every income method retirement extension applicant since March to come in after 90 days AFTER their extension to show their bank book has not gone one baht under 800K baht. They are simply ENFORCEMENT the police order about post seasoning. That's the legal justification. Sorry to say as onerous as this is, it is completely legally justified.

Legal consequences of showing and being under? We don't know but the general assumption is that the current annual extension would be then CANCELLED.

Consequences of not showing for an ordered money showing if not abroad? Again, we don't know but I also think it's fair to assume that they wouldn't be above making house calls. 

The new immigration rules -- no joke. (Groan.)

AFAIK this new rule only applies to extensions after March 1. Before that, just the 90 day report. I suppose it is too much to ask of the intelligence of Immigration to simply submit a passbook showing the 800/400 balances along with the passport every 90 days. A bank letter should be completely unnecessary.

I sometimes wonder, with the addiction of Thai officialdom to paper, how there are any forests left in Thailand. Or warehouses left unfilled with documents.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1