Car rental in Udon Thani ?

SteveMack

I have used Lek Rentals several times.  Top service and will use next time I need rental.  Meet you at airport and will pick up vehicle from anywhere you prefer.

You can find contact by google or they are active on Udonmap.com

Curious if car rental services In Thailand charge more (extra fees) 

for Farang with foreign license? Than a Farang with Thailand license?

US charges substantially more and requires translation of drivers 

license. 

OP if you don’t have Thai drivers license you mist likely will need

and International Drivers license

Budget at the airport. Book online

Never rented at uth but had a budget rental from bkk and stopped at udon airport to drop off a friend. While circling the parking lot looking for an open spot I noticed a lady running across the parking lot several times.
Eventually she caught up with me. Turned out to be a budget employee who thought I was looking for where to drop off the car. Felt sorry for her, out of breath, hot day.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Curious if car rental services In Thailand charge more (extra fees) 
for Farang with foreign license? Than a Farang with Thailand license?

US charges substantially more and requires translation of drivers 
license. 

OP if you don’t have Thai drivers license you mist likely will need
and International Drivers license

While renting vehicles in the USA using a Thai driver license, I have not yet paid in excess of the published price. I have also never had to provide any translation of the license. The rental agency had a large “catalog” which they used to compare my actual license with a photograph in the book. This was all in southern states.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Use fastcarhire.co.uk and book with your preferred on-airport car rental agency. I have used them to rent from both Budget and Sixt at UTH airport and both are good with newer vehicles. I found Avis's vehicles were a bit older. Book online, pay deposit online and get voucher. Then pay the balance of the rental on collection. Generally saves a few quid on the rental agency's published rates.

• 2 weeks later...

I used a small local car rental company on my last trip during songkrane called UD Car Rent.

I had a new Toyota Vios with less than 3,000km on the clock with Wifi internet & GPS built in. top notch service.
exceeded my expectation especially with Wifi internet connection, very handy.
price was just a little cheaper but not much than the well known company's.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:38 PM, 86Tiger said:

I have used Lek Rentals several times.  Top service and will use next time I need rental.  Meet you at airport and will pick up vehicle from anywhere you prefer.

You can find contact by google or they are active on Udonmap.com

Lek are great - we have used them multiple times in the past decade, with deliveries to the airport, meeting us at the train station or even delivering to our hotels.  Only small complaint is if you have kids their car-seats are not to any western standard, so best bring your own if that's a concern.  Contract is in English and their communication is top-notch.  

• 6 months later...

Archived